I see one or two users with BlackBerry devices on a daily basis, and it's not like I'm constantly looking for them - they just appear. It easily means that one in ten devices are BBs, but then if I'm not wrong, the market share says BlackBerry is globally below 5%.

Truth is I usually get to see old models, and a very few BB10 devices, but I guess this means there's still something to do so those BlackBerry users 'evolve' to the newer platform.

Does it have an explanation or is it just the delusional-me?

I usually move around northern Spain / southern France btw.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 01:25 PM
    confirmation bias, its a human trait.
    02-14-14 01:27 PM
    I see one or two users with BlackBerry devices on a daily basis, and it's not like I'm constantly looking for them - they just appear. It easily means that one in ten devices are BBs<snip>
    If you only spot a total of 20 smartphone devices, that would be the case. I dunno about you, but I see at least a couple hundred device users each day.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    02-14-14 01:45 PM
    I see more and more BB10 devices each week. Tons of company legacy devices are still visible. It's a quiet revolution!

Posted via CB10
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    02-14-14 01:47 PM
    I see one or two users with BlackBerry devices on a daily basis, and it's not like I'm constantly looking for them - they just appear. It easily means that one in ten devices are BBs, but then if I'm not wrong, the market share says BlackBerry is globally below 5%.

Truth is I usually get to see old models, and a very few BB10 devices, but I guess this means there's still something to do so those BlackBerry users 'evolve' to the newer platform.

Posted via CB10
    I'm guessing your not a statistician ;-)

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    OMGitworks and Pilot Prop like this.
    02-14-14 01:48 PM
    If you only spot a total of 20 smartphone devices, that would be the case. I dunno about you, but I see at least a couple hundred device users each day.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I notice around 20 devices each day, that was my point. Maybe I'm biased and I just pay more attention when a BlackBerry comes around...

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 02:05 PM

I didn't say I notice 10-20 smartphones per day, it was implied though

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 02:08 PM
    I live in BlackBerry heaven. It's a government town though.

Q10's all over. This week in a meeting of 7 people, all BlackBerry (including 1 Z30!!)

Once or twice a week I'll see q5. I still see bb9900 the most.

The cycles usually last 2-3 years. I have a lot of family and friends interested in z30/q10. They just waiting for end of contract.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 02:31 PM
    Me too, I've been seeing a lot of Z10's

From Zarafet my Z30.
    02-15-14 12:34 AM
    I work in San Francisco and as a phone junky, I look at what everyone is using and what I see fits the low stats. I have never seen another person using a BB10 device. BBOS devices are maybe 1 in 100. In the life of the PlayBook which I got upon release, I've only seen two other PlayBooks. At work, there's maybe 5 BB users out of 100 lines that we manage.

I have talked my boss into testing BES10 for MDM, so I still have hope for a turnaround...
    02-15-14 01:02 AM
    "Market share" reports are about sales in specific quarters. They never reflect the number of types of phones that folks use. I know all sorts of people with legacy BlackBerry devices, folks with flip phones and even some without mobile phones at all ( not too many people in this category though).

Truth be told I get pretty choked with those market share reports. Having said that BlackBerry still needs to work hard to convert those legacy owners to upgrade. There are still millions out there.
    sentimentGX4 and Santutxu like this.
    02-15-14 01:10 AM
    5% globally is an average. Could be higher or lower in any region. For example it's practically zero where I live.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    02-15-14 01:12 AM

I'm guessing you're not an English teacher.

I see a lot of BlackBerry devices too, mainly older. That doesn't mean that the market share is high now since most of those devices are three years old. BlackBerry had better take a cue from Apple and Samsung and start making el cheapo devices that break or become ultra-buggy after a few months instead of making these rock-solid, seemingly indestructible beasts.
    app_Developer likes this.
    02-15-14 07:07 AM
    As someone above posted, it's most likely confirmation bias.

It's like when you buy a new car, and suddenly can't seem to travel anywhere without seeing dozens of examples of "your car". It's more likely that those similar cars were always there, but you weren't primed to notice before your purchase.

I've seen no BB10 phones whatsoever where I am (a major UK city). Here on CB, I've seen several reports of zero, one or two, with higher numbers reported in possibly expected places (such as Toronto and Canada generally). Though Brooklyn is the place to go for BB10 it seems, over 50 seen apparently.
    02-15-14 07:58 AM
    I haven't seen any bb10 devices - many many legacy devices that are getting long in the tooth, that is the standard for the finance industry. I see people with 9780's or 9900's and then they also have their own devices - iPhones, Samsung devices and quite a few Nokia lumia devices (I think the entire stock of lumia 1020's may have been sold in canary Wharf, good grief!)

The sales are low - rather poor. They are there, though, and it will get better, provided the right stewardship!!! 😃

Sent from Tapatalk
    02-15-14 07:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    'Market share' is actual shipments/purchases within a certain period of time (usually 3 months). What you explore is 'install base'.
    Santutxu likes this.
    02-15-14 10:52 AM
    I want to see BlackBerry phones but I'm the only one I've seen. Small town but still!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 10:55 AM
    Same here. See tons of Z10s and Q10s and the occasional Z30.

Then again, I live in the land of BlackBerry but it still feels good to see them in the wild.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 11:01 AM
    If you come to Toronto, and walk around downtown, Air Canada Center, Rogers Center and take the subway, you will see a lot of BB10 devices, mainly being Q10's. Mind you, it is quite the corporate crowd down there, but they are quite frequent, much more than you would expect.
    02-15-14 11:51 AM
    I agree OP. Starting to see more and more BB10 devices in the wild. Oh and btw I am totally biased towards BlackBerry. The rest is just rubbish

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    02-15-14 12:21 PM
    I tend to see a lot in my daily business dealings and always ask if there satisfied with there device. Most are.

It the last report I seen it said BlackBerry sold almost 19,000 smart phones in 2013, how many were bb10 devices is definitely debatable.

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    02-15-14 12:33 PM
    You can't qualify market share with anecdotal evidence. Sales numbers (e.g sellthrough) are the only only way to do it.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-15-14 12:44 PM
    5% globally is an average. Could be higher or lower in any region. For example it's practically zero where I live.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    I know, but still. Where I live I think it should be even lower than the global trend, as carriers nowadays barely offer BlackBerry devices.

Anyway even though if it's confirmation-biased there's still a lot of BlackBerry devices being used out there, so the general view is that BlackBerry hasn't dissappeared at all. The game is still on!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 03:46 PM
    I know, but still. Where I live I think it should be even lower than the global trend, as carriers nowadays barely offer BlackBerry devices.

Anyway even though if it's confirmation-biased there's still a lot of BlackBerry devices being used out there, so the general view is that BlackBerry hasn't dissappeared at all. The game is still on!

Posted via CB10
    If you are seeing more and more then that's great. I am not here where I live. (near Hampton Roads VA).

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    02-15-14 10:06 PM
    You can't qualify market share with anecdotal evidence. Sales numbers (e.g sellthrough) are the only only way to do it.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. There's some places where bb10 is comparatively popular, like nyc and Toronto. I bought my z10 in February 2013, and it was several months before I saw another bb10 in my area

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 11:25 PM
49 12