04-22-14 11:15 AM
51 123
tools
    Occasionally I get the, "Hey, is that the new blackberry?"

Then when I tell them I have had it for over a year it is, "Oh, I did not know they have had non-keyboard phones for that long."

Apparently, there is still a sizeable percentage of the population that thinks of old curves when they think BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 11:50 PM
    I never purposefully show off my phone. I just use it.

Such as, the time when I was in a large conference room and we needed to call in some colleagues. The conference phone did not work so I asked "just use a cell to call," no one did so I pulled out my Z10 and made the call on speakerphone. No need to lookup the confirmation number, I just pressed the button on the calendar invite. Our PM said quite loudly, "wow, got to hand it to BlackBerry for still making fantastic phones with a great speakerphone. None of our iPhones sound that good."

So I don't set out to show off. I just use it and in the process if people are impressed, cool. If not, no sweat, doesn't diminish the fact that I'm happy with my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 12:06 AM
    I would love to demo my Z30 to anyone who asked. The thing is, unless they can make out the BlackBerry logo from a distance, most people think it's just another Android phone.

I've had maybe 2 people actually ask me about the Z30 in the 4 months I used it.

Now when people see my Bold 9930 from across a room, they immediately know it's a BlackBerry. I'm hoping the Classic will be as iconic a device and generate some buzz about the brand again.
    JesseBabe23 and Gray like this.
    04-22-14 12:15 AM
    I get great responses, and have converted about ten people. I would have converted many more, but the main obstacles are the ecosystem of iCloud and believe it or not, IT departments.

The main problem is that BlackBerry 10/ BES 10 was so late that companies jumped ship from BES to other MDM solutions for work. A lot of people were allowed to use personal iOS or converted to biz iPhones with Airwatch, Mobile Iron, etc. And now BlackBerry isn't supported by their companies so they don't want to carry two phones.

While BlackBerry 10 may have the best work/personal implementation, and even has a fantastic solution with Secure Work Space for iOS and Android (and Windows Phone to come) it's too late to get them back on BlackBerry for the foreseeable future. I've even brought BlackBerry into my company to give a demo of SWS, and while the IT department acknowledged it is many ways superior to their solution they can't change.

BES 12 looks to be a good solution for many companies on the edge to keep from switching. Really hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 12:26 AM
    i showed my z10 to a bunch of aliens...but they were more interested in my rear end.
    kbz1960, TGR1 and Bbnivende like this.
    04-22-14 12:45 AM
    OP, what your experience is is what I would say that the vast majority of people here have experienced. The vast majority of people could care less what phone anyone is using and that's the way it should be. It's a phone, nothing more. Anyone who thinks differently is living in fantasy land.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    I agree. And I wouldn't show mine off unless someone asked about it. Most don't give a rat's *** what phone you have or might be getting either.

Posted via CrackBerry 10 (CB10) application using my BlackBerry Q10.
    kbz1960 and TGR1 like this.
    04-22-14 12:58 AM
    No one I know are interested in phones. In North America at least the thrill is gone. Now I do expect long line ups when the iPhone 6 comes out. That will create a buzz for a while but that will soon die down as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 04-22-14 at 10:45 AM.
    04-22-14 01:50 AM
    No one I know are interested in phones. In North America at least the thrill is gone .Now I do expect long line ups when the iPhone 6 comes out. That will create a buzz for but that will soon die down as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    I noticed the lineups are getting fewer and fewer. Last time I saw one at the Eaton center, was 20 people, 50 last year, 100 the year before, 260 the year before that and so on.

04-22-14 02:49 AM
    Nope not in you boat but not in the converts boat either. I had at least 4 people express intrest... Like we didn't know they went down that road. And we never seen this before / we are tired of Android/Apple even. But since there's no advertisement or placement in stores people won't actually convert simple storư. - I'm from Denmark where you have to buy BB online if you won't one
    04-22-14 04:17 AM
    I see all these threads about people wowing others with their BB10 phones but I haven't seen anyone interested in mine. Not saying that people are lying, but I haven't had one person ask about my Z10 or seem interested or impressed. It's basically just "oh yeah, that's kind of cool" and a shrug or "meh", but I've never seen (or could imagine) anyone going gaga and drooling all over my phone like I've seen some stories.
    It kind of got me thinking: do people really care, and why should they? If all these people are so impressed then why hasn't BB10 taken off?

I've seen people here say that if you just get BB10 into people's hands (and get the word out) it will change everything, but nothing. Maybe people are exaggerating with all the converts they've made...who knows? Is anyone else in my boat where they haven't drawn any interest from their BB10 phone?

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    Do you think any BB10 user will WOW from any iPhone or Andorid?? that how we are I don' t care about any small or big grate feature of iphone or andorid just love my Z30.
    04-22-14 06:08 AM
    The z30 is a great device with many valuable features. However, most people don't know how to use features of any device other than the very basic features. So unless you are of the tech type, it doesn't matter what device you use.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 07:10 AM
    I think I am in the same boat. I don't shove my Z30 in peoples faces but when I am spotted using it the first response is almost always negative. They start out with the infamous line, you still using a Blackberry? I show them what it can do if asked but most do not. I love the way I can use my Z30 to get things done quickly and then I am off to do other things. In my opinion this device makes it easy to do that. This frees me up for what is really important for me, playing with my grandkids. They are a lot more fun than any app I have ever tried. LOL
    This reminds me of a cute bumper sticker I saw yesterday, it said: LIVE YOUR LIFE..GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR APPS.
    kbz1960 and revtech like this.
    04-22-14 07:24 AM
    I have a Z30 and my brother-in-law has an S3 (or 4 not sure) and my sister has an iphone 5. I decided to show off Glympse on BBM. It's something we all have but they had no clue about. First he had to update BBM as it was woefully out-of date and then once he got it going he said.. "something is wrong with mine, it has all of these squiggly lines where we are supposed to be on the GPS" then it clicked "OHH!! that's us WALKING AROUND THE HOUSE"!! WOW!" so at least I showed them a new feature that they can use on their phones which helps Blackberry a little.
    04-22-14 08:01 AM
    Unfortunately, a lot of people that get a Z10 demonstration from me have recently purchased something else, and are in contracts for the better part of 2 years. Most people don't care as much about them as we do and will put up with slightly annoying in-and-out/home button methods to go between messages etc. A few around here all upgraded from OS7 BB's to Galaxies - they had no interest/knowledge of BB10 when they went to make their purchases, and the current Galaxies are major upgrades from what these people used to use.
    04-22-14 08:43 AM
    Can't remember the last time a saw someone using a blackberry in public so I have no anecdotes to share.
    04-22-14 08:45 AM
    I noticed the lineups are getting fewer and fewer. Last time I saw one at the Eaton center, was 20 people, 50 last year, 100 the year before, 260 the year before that and so on.

Diehards line up mainly to be seen by TV cameras or passerbys. When the IPad (I forget which version) was launched in downtown Vancouver Apple store, hundreds lined up outside in the cold and rain, some probably days before. No line ups for the IPad, however, inside the warm confines of unexciting London Drugs stores even though it was heavily advertised. You could simply walk in and buy it right away. Go figure
    04-22-14 09:48 AM
    And why do staff clap when you buy something at the Apple store? I never get that when I buy toilet paper at Walmart
    Elite1 likes this.
    04-22-14 09:51 AM
    I've never had anyone ask what kind of phone I use. Nor do I care what other people use. Phones are a personal choice depending on your needs. If someone were to ask about my Z10 then I'll be happy to give them a well rehearsed presentation.
    04-22-14 09:54 AM
    I just wowed an iPhone user yesterday at Western union. I was showing her the phone so she can type off a name instead of having me spell it out to her. She was quite impressed with it but she was someone who thought it was still the same old BlackBerry. Her favourite feature was the hub but she was most impressed with the fact that my phone has so many dents and not a single crack on the screen.

These stories happen all the time and a lot of them are real. Some people just really like to exaggerate. You also have to consider that the average folks don't care about smartphones much. Not like we all do. They are going to say something like "meh" and you should probably expect that. That was basically my reaction when I seen the first iPhone. I didn't care at all about smartphones at that time though.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 10:03 AM
    I see all these threads about people wowing others with their BB10 phones but I haven't seen anyone interested in mine. Not saying that people are lying, but I haven't had one person ask about my Z10 or seem interested or impressed. It's basically just "oh yeah, that's kind of cool" and a shrug or "meh", but I've never seen (or could imagine) anyone going gaga and drooling all over my phone like I've seen some stories.

It kind of got me thinking: do people really care, and why should they? If all these people are so impressed then why hasn't BB10 taken off?

I've seen people here say that if you just get BB10 into people's hands (and get the word out) it will change everything, but nothing. Maybe people are exaggerating with all the converts they've made...who knows? Is anyone else in my boat where they haven't drawn any interest from their BB10 phone?

You seem t o like to start stuff. I have noticed you in other posts.. . . . Anyways, I think unfortunately people go with what is familiar, comfortable, what there friends have and at the moment that isn't Blackberry. A lot of folks really listen to carrier sales people and let's face it. Most of them do not know enough about BlackBerry to speak favorably. And they all mention the app gap. I think people have showed others their BlackBerry and others have been impressed. Most have not converted however.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    04-22-14 10:08 AM
    I've shown my Z10 to anyone's that asked and the reactions are generally positive. I think most associate BlackBerry with BBOS, so they are really impressed with BB10 as a modern OS that's capable of running with the big boys. That said, just because they like and are impressed by it, doesn't necessarily mean they will leave their current device/OS for it. It's hard to convince someone to move when they've invested a lot of time and money into another OS and ecosystem.
    ...and that's the problem, its just another modern OS with a very similar look and feel to Android and IOS.

Its been said a million times before but they had to let TAT produce something more radical that would give people a big reason to switch devices.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-22-14 10:17 AM
    What's with the pessimism dude. Imagine if each BB10 owner (I call them Berribers) converted 20 non-berribers and in turn they did the same... BB10 is bigger than Android in less than 2 years.

I love showing off a notification HUB than a notification CENTER... jaws just drop to the floor. Literally.

Also.. also... when people see the browser, they realize that apps are useless. And they realize that apps that are not there on the curated Blackberry world are useless.
    I had to read this twice before I realized it was a joke. Good job *thumbs up* lol

Bbnivende likes this.
    04-22-14 10:34 AM
    "

"

I have only had a couple of kids, here in the States, want to examine it, but several men, in Belgium were really quite interested.
    04-22-14 10:48 AM
    You seem t o like to start stuff. I have noticed you in other posts.. . . . Anyways, I think unfortunately people go with what is familiar, comfortable, what there friends have and at the moment that isn't Blackberry. A lot of folks really listen to carrier sales people and let's face it. Most of them do not know enough about BlackBerry to speak favorably. And they all mention the app gap. I think people have showed others their BlackBerry and others have been impressed. Most have not converted however.
    How am I starting anything? Does it look like anything was started in this thread?

04-22-14 11:09 AM
    ""

I have only had a couple of kids, here in the States, want to examine it, but several men, in Belgium were really quite interested.
    The difference in geography definitely might have to do with it. In the US I'm sure there would be fewer interest by default.

04-22-14 11:11 AM
51 123