Having recently bought a Nexus 7, I can honestly say it is a poor substitute for my PlayBook. I have basically shelved this piece of junk and gone back to working with my Z10. The nexus line is simply not worth the money.

Posted via CB10
    Thankfully enough people buy it for them to make new iterations.

How much would you say the piece of junk is worth?
    TgeekB and bekkay like this.
    11-17-13 08:25 PM
    Having recently bought a Nexus 7, I can honestly say it is a poor substitute for my PlayBook. I have basically shelved this piece of junk and gone back to working with my Z10. The nexus line is simply not worth the money.

Posted via CB10
    judging by your posts, I highly doubt you have ever owned a nexus device or a bb10 device. stop the trollery.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-17-13 08:27 PM
    Well, I do own a Nexus7 and it is a sloppy piece of hardware. It was a poor substitute for my PlayBook and it makes me pine for an iPad. When it comes to the Nexus line, you get exactly what you pay for. Cheap price = cheap quality.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 09:42 PM
    And what exactly is the Nexus7 market share in the tablet world. Reality hurts sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 09:46 PM
    Well, I do own a Nexus7 and it is a sloppy piece of hardware. It was a poor substitute for my PlayBook and it makes me pine for an iPad. When it comes to the Nexus line, you get exactly what you pay for. Cheap price = cheap quality.

Posted via CB10
    I have the Nexus 7 FHD right here. Quality wise, it's very very nice. Solid build, great hardware, beautiful screen. Especially for the price. I am not sure what kind of problems you are having.
    11-17-13 09:48 PM
    And what exactly is the Nexus7 market share in the tablet world. Reality hurts sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    More than that of the Playbook

Reality does hurt sometimes
    11-17-13 09:48 PM
    My annoyance with the Nexus7 centers on the constant rebooting and App crashing. Wi-Fi connectivity is temperamental. Maybe it works for someone but not for me. My z10 is easier to use and more reliable.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:02 PM
    My annoyance with the Nexus7 centers on the constant rebooting and App crashing. Wi-Fi connectivity is temperamental. Maybe it works for someone but not for me. My z10 is easier to use and more reliable.

Posted via CB10
    My Nexus 7 works just fine after 1 year.
    11-17-13 10:03 PM
    I have both the Nexus 5 and the Z30. I also had the Z10. With my use of both phones being: one for work and one for play. If I could, I would simply use the Z30. The battery life, and sound are very different between the two. Which the difference between Z10 and Z30 is very big as well. The Z30 is very very good in doing anything I have asked it to do. I have had all the Nexus series since Nexus S and up so I think I have good knowledge of the devices. I do love the nexus as it would be *my* only choice of all the Androids to choose. I am not a Andoid hater at all, I just cannot stop using the Z30 because it does not quit!. Once the new O.S. changes come to play, well I guess i'lll be even more happier. Oh I mentioned one phone was for work and one was for play. Nexus 5 is work phone, Z30 is for play
    playbookster likes this.
    11-17-13 10:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Your N7 is definitely defective. I'd do a factory reset just to rule out a soft issue. If the problem persists, I suggest you send it in under warranty.
    11-17-13 10:08 PM
    judging by your posts, I highly doubt you have ever owned a nexus device or a bb10 device. stop the trollery.
    I'm not sure you want to do a "judging by your posts" argument.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:09 PM
    Funniest post ever!
    I've actually found I prefer my PlayBook to the nexus 7 as well. But my use dictates this. I guess I just made your second funniest post ever. What a funny week for you.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:11 PM
    I'm not sure you want to do a "judging by your posts" argument.

Posted via CB10
    Listen buddy, I hate the direction BB is going both in terms of its refusal to change old ways and its recent movement to rely on android. I dont hide this.

But unlike a lot of people who post 'negative' commentary I actually own the devices. I dont pretend like a lot of people on here who's only exposure to bb new is a 99$ playbook straight out of a Walmart discount bin.
    11-17-13 10:17 PM
    Sony phones were Symbian then changed to Android. They are still Sony phones. What's all this BS about BlackBerry can't change OS.

Posted via CB10
    Sony has a few other things going for it then phones and Symbian isn't owned by Sony. So what's the difference if they switch to android? If blackberry switches to android they are not going to win people over with hardware. Plus qnx has the ability to emulate android anyway which is getting better with each update. BlackBerry needs to try proper marketing before making a decision like switching to a different OS.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:24 PM
    Listen buddy, I hate the direction BB is going both in terms of its refusal to change old ways and its recent movement to rely on android. I dont hide this.

But unlike a lot of people who post 'negative' commentary I actually own the devices. I dont pretend like a lot of people on here who's only exposure to bb new is a 99$ playbook straight out of a Walmart discount bin.
    That doesn't change my position. I don't think you want to do a "judging by your posts" argument. That being said...go nuts. Project at will.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:29 PM
    You are a moron......nothing to say

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 11:25 PM
    Excellent way to celebrate your 4th post. By insulting another forum user. SMH
    11-17-13 11:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    He meant Mormon lol.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-18-13 12:38 AM
    It's all personal opinion everyone is entitled to there's personally I use a nexus 7 for my tablet alongside my Z30 and quite frankly I wish I had kept my PlayBook I hate android with a passion it's buggy as hell I use it daily for gaming and every single day I get an app crash which I don't get (with native) apps on BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 01:46 AM
    Why do people continue to post on BlackBerry forums about their opinions on Android?

Posted via CB10
    A deep seeded need for affirmation? Narcissism? Bored? I dunno...
    11-18-13 01:56 AM
    They HAVE gone android (vm) with the 10.2.1 runtime essentially, at least they've tapped into the ecosystem.

Regarding Nexus 5, each to their own, but personally I like the bb10 OS, UI, hub and keyboard better, and the memory expansion slot & removable battery of z10 are deal-breakers for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 02:50 AM
    A deep seeded need for affirmation? Narcissism? Bored? I dunno...
    A need to see their platform of choice perform toe to toe with the market leaders perhaps

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-18-13 03:04 AM
    Android shur has come a long way. There's a few little things I miss. But in the most part, anything I could do on blackberry 10 I can do the same or better on android with the aid of an app. Plus so much more.
    Whether it be the better experience on the typical social media apps.
    To turning my phone into a full blown infotainment center experience for my truck, complete with bluetooth ODB readings.
    Instant synced web browsing, and documents with chrome and any cloud service.
    Got my endomondo back working with my bluetooth heart rate monitor, FINALLY!

I don't want to go too deep on how blackberry should/could use android because I'm no expert. But there's absolutely no reason anybody can say android sucks. Blackberry could easily make a security oriented android experience. If you look how Motorola is taking the approach. Feels like basic android but the experience is very different. I wanted the Moto X but Telus didn't carry it so I went with the nexus 5. In hindsight it was definitely a mistake in my mind not going android 2 years ago, and opening up to cross platform type stuff at the same time. Blackberry is in such a mess now with BB10, I don't see it ever catching on with consumers. Not with android and IOS overhead. BB10 just cant catch up. Enterprise is another story, and BB10 can be fine with that. But sounds like its current form isn't working very good on that front either.

Never ending tough road it seems. I'm not a buy a phone once every 3 years kind of guy, I can be back on blackberry next month if they come out with a product I like. Ill be watching
    I have both, Z10 and Nexus 5. The N5 is a great phone with very good specs and KitKat is impressive. Having said that, I find the general UI on the N5 a bit frustrating and just love the way my Z10 does things. I'm yet to be convinced to have an android device as my daily driver. The N5 is a great device though.

Posted via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1055
    11-18-13 04:09 AM
    Some here think that the hub like feature is not on Android,I disagree because I have a note 3 and all I have to do is swipe the top to see my notifications and close by swiping up.

Sent from my SM-N900P using CB Forums mobile app
    Yeah, totally the same. /s

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 05:13 AM
    I have both, Z10 and Nexus 5. The N5 is a great phone with very good specs and KitKat is impressive. Having said that, I find the general UI on the N5 a bit frustrating and just love the way my Z10 does things. I'm yet to be convinced to have an android device as my daily driver. The N5 is a great device though.

Posted via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1055
    Didn't you hear the Android crowd? HOW a device does things doesn't matter, WHAT the device does is the only thing that counts. Not to forget that you can customize ANY Android device to function EXACTLY like BB10. Even a Note 3 becomes a very handy device if you root it correctly.

Seriously, I think CrackBerry needs an Android corner, Android Central isn't enough.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 05:18 AM
187 ... 45678