Anyone want to sell your BlackBerry? I want to buy one. Please.

~ it's not a phone, it's a BlackBerry
    11-14-13 04:05 AM
    I am curious if in the states battery life of the Z10 is worse than the updates we receive on Telus in Canada? I was told the Z30 is suppose to have a far superior battery compared to that of the Z10. My girlfriend now uses my Z10 as I upgraded to a Z30, she upgraded from an iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy from the Galaxy to the Z10. Now for some reason I have never had battery life issues on my Z10, I never once had it die on me before the end of the day and I am horrible at remembering to charge my phone I often would get nearly two full days out of my phone. Maybe I text less? Maybe I don't use Facebook as often I don't know. But my girlfriend likes to game, and she is on the Z10 probably 3x as much as I was and she also does not have battery issues. She gets one full day and charges the phone every night, my Z30 I try to charge every night but like my Z10 I can usually get two days sometimes even three days out of it.

Is it possibly an update thing? Is maybe the states being so far behind on software updates causing the battery problems? Like perhaps it was a problem in the OS, which was fixed in an update but because the update never hit everyone seems to think the phone has problems and not the OS?

In any case congrats on the Nexus, I still prefer the S4 over the Nexus but to each their own. I believe the UI and design paradigm of BB10 is much better than Android, the user experience in BlackBerry is just hands down better. Anyone who tries to claim otherwise is absurd, but I do agree that there are more App's available and because of that people believe their user experience is better. I still find now that I am use to swiping to close and my apps and move between apps; that any tablet I use that is not blackberry or smart phone has a poor user interface.

Hopefully the rumors are true though and by the first quarter next year those of us in Canada will see Android apps being available to BB10 without the use of sideloading;

Cheers,
    Tehedra
    11-14-13 05:37 PM
    PS I too am looking for an inexpensive Z10, possibly a STL100-1 just because I want a spare to play around with the leaks. I can't do it with my primary phone, and my girlfriend let me do it with hers but it's an STL100-3 so the latest leaks will disable the radio which isn't acceptable lol
    11-14-13 05:39 PM
    PS I too am looking for an inexpensive Z10, possibly a STL100-1 just because I want a spare to play around with the leaks. I can't do it with my primary phone, and my girlfriend let me do it with hers but it's an STL100-3 so the latest leaks will disable the radio which isn't acceptable lol
    I'm sure you know this but just in case. The leak has landed for all now

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 02:05 AM
    $350 off contract is an absolute steal for a device with that kind of hardware. What is it lacking that other Android phones offer? Micro SD?
    It's completely perverted how cheap that phone is, for what if offers.
    If you are a completely rational buyer seeking the best $/performance ratio, it's somewhere close to impossible to not buy the N5.
    As a phone for devs, it's also awesome because it is so cheap.

The lacking SD-port is a deal breaker for me though. I don't want the cloud and I need my memory.
    I have a 64GB card, filled with over 30GB.
    The Camera is better than the one in the Z10, but the competition is even better.
    I overall want an even bigger screen and especially the Note 3 with its stylus seems to attract me.
    The battery life isn't good enough for me as well and I prefer a removable one.
    Samsung may use A LOT of useless software features, but some of them are very handy, just like the split-screen feature that is also found in the LG G2. The Nexus doesn't have these software features.

Overall, the Nexus 5 is an excellent device for 350$ and other flagships have it hard to compete on price with it, but I would be willing to pay 300$ more for the things I listed above.

On a side note: I prefer BB10 overall but the current Android flagships have so much going for them right now, that I will not chose the Z30 as my next phone.
    The hardware just isn't on par with the competition and the software ecosystem doesn't hold a candle as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 03:11 AM
    It's completely perverted how cheap that phone is, for what if offers.
    If you are a completely rational buyer seeking the best $/performance ratio, it's somewhere close to impossible to not buy the N5.
    As a phone for devs, it's also awesome because it is so cheap.

The lacking SD-port is a deal breaker for me though. I don't want the cloud and I need my memory.
    I have a 64GB card, filled with over 30GB.
    The Camera is better than the one in the Z10, but the competition is even better.
    I overall want an even bigger screen and especially the Note 3 with its stylus seems to attract me.
    The battery life isn't good enough for me as well and I prefer a removable one.
    Samsung may use A LOT of useless software features, but some of them are very handy, just like the split-screen feature that is also found in the LG G2. The Nexus doesn't have these software features.

Overall, the Nexus 5 is an excellent device for 350$ and other flagships have it hard to compete on price with it, but I would be willing to pay 300$ more for the things I listed above.

On a side note: I prefer BB10 overall but the current Android flagships have so much going for them right now, that I will not chose the Z30 as my next phone.
    The hardware just isn't on par with the competition and the software ecosystem doesn't hold a candle as well.

Posted via CB10
    The note 3 has the s.d card slot.

Sent from my SM-N900P using CB Forums mobile app
    11-15-13 11:22 AM
    The note 3 has the s.d card slot.

Sent from my SM-N900P using CB Forums mobile app
    Oh, I know!
    Overall, from what I have seen I am impressed with the Note 3 and it has great chances to become my next phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 11:43 AM
    I can't believe how much better the battery life is on my Nexus 5 compared to the 4. They have made great strides.
    11-15-13 05:13 PM
    I can't believe how much better the battery life is on my Nexus 5 compared to the 4. They have made great strides.
    Haven't noticed that yet due to the exchange services bug which is killing my battery. Dead in 7 hours without even using it. Hope it gets fixed soon. At this point my nexus 4 lasted longer for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-15-13 09:36 PM
    Good for you! Congratulations, let's throw a party for you. Everyone has their personal tastes....next!

Posted via CB10
    GS51 likes this.
    11-15-13 09:39 PM
    interesting, i went from a z10 to a nexus 5 and miss blackBerry.. the n5 is a power house, but I miss little things such as:

- split calendar month view for calendar and schedule
    - being able to reply to messages/bbms without leaving an application
    - the hub.. my god, do i miss the hub

one thing blackberry did very well is the native blackberry apps.. such as clock, calendar, contacts, etc.. nexus 5 has a lot of apps, but i miss the functionality of bb10.. i'm considering returning the nexus 5 for a q10 but don't know if i can give up the raw processing power..
    Fr3lncr and meansweans like this.
    11-16-13 12:32 AM
    interesting, i went from a z10 to a nexus 5 and miss blackBerry.. the n5 is a power house, but I miss little things such as:

one thing blackberry did very well is the native blackberry apps.. such as clock, calendar, contacts, etc.. nexus 5 has a lot of apps, but i miss the functionality of bb10.. i'm considering returning the nexus 5 for a q10 but don't know if i can give up the raw processing power..
    Processing power, gotta run those protein folding simulations eh?

I know how it feels man!

Posted via CB10
    unity04 and Terser Nori like this.
    11-16-13 12:40 AM

Its all personal preference but I like the functionality of Android plus the ability to customize it to my liking.
    11-16-13 09:15 AM

I'm trying to visualize what you mean by the calendar view. It's been awhile since I've used BB10.
    11-16-13 09:18 AM
    You lost me at, "With the aid of an app."

Many of which are built into the OS on Blackberry and come standard, especially the ability to flawlessly handle zip files.

No app=more memory space.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:27 AM

I am missing my z30 as well... they improved a lot with the native email app, but bb10 still has better native apps in my opinion (phone, email, calendar, etc.) and of course the hub, cell reception, battery (with the z30).

But the nexus is really, really fast. Have to say, I wouldn't mind seeing the same processor in a bb10 phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-16-13 05:26 PM
    I got the nexus 5 and this is what I miss from my Z30 on 10.2.1

Swipe up to wake
    Being able to manual lock the device
    Customize lock timeout
    The Hub
    Interactable lock screen notification
    Customizable quick settings
    Deeper notification sound per app and contact
    Stereo speakers
    Notification bar at the top to jump straight to message
    Ability to dismiss flashing LED with peek gesture

What I miss from my Nexus 5 on Z30
    App notifications from android apps
    Google services sign in for maps and drive
    Google now
    Customizable dock
    App speed and loading times
    Low light camera
    Lock screen widgets
    Widgets on home screens
    Screen clarity
    Permanent notification bar for time and other status

Nexus 5 is an incredibly fast device. Apps open near instantaneously. Screen is very sharp and the weight is lighter. The bezels are smaller and the screen is edge to edge. The form factor I like better as it is a smaller device with the same size screen. However the edges are sharper on the nexus so it is not as comfortable to hold. I really wish the Z30 had the same CPU.
    11-16-13 09:07 PM
    Android is an inefficient OS that is rife with exploits and vulnerabilities and you want BlackBerry to adopt this junk as a main OS ?
    11-16-13 11:25 PM
    I got the nexus 5 and this is what I miss from my Z30 on 10.2.1

Nexus 5 is an incredibly fast device. Apps open near instantaneously. Screen is very sharp and the weight is lighter. The bezels are smaller and the screen is edge to edge. The form factor I like better as it is a smaller device with the same size screen. However the edges are sharper on the nexus so it is not as comfortable to hold. I really wish the Z30 had the same CPU.
    Have you compared SwiftKey to the BB10 keyboard?
    11-16-13 11:46 PM
    Me too. It is very intuitive.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 07:12 AM
    Android is an inefficient OS that is rife with exploits and vulnerabilities and you want BlackBerry to adopt this junk as a main OS ?
    Very old ineffective argument.
    bekkay, pantlesspenguin and Saiga like this.
    11-17-13 09:59 AM
    This junk now holds 81% of the market.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-17-13 10:38 AM

There is QuickReply on many ROMs. If you don't want to root and install a new ROM, you can install this:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...smspopup&hl=en
    11-17-13 11:06 AM
    Blackberry could easily make a security oriented android experience
    Uhhhh... I'm guessing you know absolutely nothing about operating system software development... But good to get your opinion on just how super "easy" this would be. Thanks.
    11-17-13 12:04 PM
    Should have tried Z30, then you will see what a great device BB10 is, Z10 with the 10.2 is also like getting a Brand new device! BlackBerry all the way baby! I also use S4 and IOS7, so the comparison I make is from trying all platforms longterm.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 12:26 PM
187 ... 23456 ...