Android is good but not secure,and taking of cores ,that alone don't make phones efficient.
    It is the user that determines how secure or unsecure any device is. If it was as bad as people make up, they wouldn't sell.
    11-11-13 12:08 PM
    I am thinking about going to the galaxy note 3.
    I went to a Note 3 from an iPhone 5 a week ago. What an amazing device. Once I got used to the size and the os, it became my daily device. This thing is a powerhouse. Does everything I need it to and then some.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using CB Forums mobile app
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-11-13 12:11 PM
    Nexus devices are unlocked so they can be used on many carriers. There are many different no contract offers out there. Check out AIO, StraightTalk, etc. Very competitive prices.
    I am certainly glad to see this rather than "Duh, you could get a price cut on AT&T because your device is already paid for." That would have been some serious egg on my face.

I am aware that other providers offer excellent rates but my # and my "marriage" to AT&T are for life.
    11-11-13 12:12 PM
    Has the battery life in your previous Nexus purchases improved over time or by you modifying usage?
    They haven't all had poor battery life. It's really just been the N4 and N5. My primary phone is an iPhone, so it's not a big issue for me personally. I generally have both on me.

But even splitting usage between the two phones, the N5 lasts me about 7-8 hours. If I were to use it as my primary phone, i would have to fully charge after lunch I think.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    11-11-13 12:17 PM
    I am certainly glad to see this rather than "Duh, you could get a price cut on AT&T because your device is already paid for." That would have been some serious egg on my face.

I am aware that other providers offer excellent rates but my # and my "marriage" to AT&T are for life.
    Why?
    11-11-13 02:05 PM
    Yup, right now I'd take my 9810 over the N5. It suits my needs for a mobile device. Not the best media consumer but I have other means there.

If you would read what I wrote I said "I want something more". That would be the Note 3 as of right now.
    My old 9810 walks over my z10 as a phone.
    I miss it

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    11-12-13 02:30 PM
    Doesn't matter which platform you use, the government can still track you. So that's out of the question.

"The only secure computer is one that's unplugged, locked in a safe,
    and buried 20 feet under the ground in a secret location... and I'm
    not even too sure about that one"
    -- Dennis Huges, FBI.
    11-12-13 04:22 PM
    Android shur has come a long way. There's a few little things I miss. But in the most part, anything I could do on blackberry 10 I can do the same or better on android with the aid of an app. Plus so much more.
    Whether it be the better experience on the typical social media apps.
    To turning my phone into a full blown infotainment center experience for my truck, complete with bluetooth ODB readings.
    Instant synced web browsing, and documents with chrome and any cloud service.
    Got my endomondo back working with my bluetooth heart rate monitor, FINALLY!

I don't want to go too deep on how blackberry should/could use android because I'm no expert. But there's absolutely no reason anybody can say android sucks. Blackberry could easily make a security oriented android experience. If you look how Motorola is taking the approach. Feels like basic android but the experience is very different. I wanted the Moto X but Telus didn't carry it so I went with the nexus 5. In hindsight it was definitely a mistake in my mind not going android 2 years ago, and opening up to cross platform type stuff at the same time. Blackberry is in such a mess now with BB10, I don't see it ever catching on with consumers. Not with android and IOS overhead. BB10 just cant catch up. Enterprise is another story, and BB10 can be fine with that. But sounds like its current form isn't working very good on that front either.

Never ending tough road it seems. I'm not a buy a phone once every 3 years kind of guy, I can be back on blackberry next month if they come out with a product I like. Ill be watching
    Uughhhh...im so tired of hearing this. No offense to the OP.
    BlackBerry is BlackBerry, period!
    If they don't make it as a business then they go out of business. If they went Android, then they wouldn't be BlackBerry.
    It's like saying Target should go Walmart, Ford should go Chevy, Lowes should go Home Depot, Lone Star should go Outback etc., etc., etc.!!!
    BlackBerry is Blackberry.
    Please, nobody ever say this again
    jweihrauch and teeuwen like this.
    11-12-13 05:17 PM
    My old 9810 walks over my z10 as a phone.
    I miss it

Posted via CB10
    I really think you're stretching with that one. I do appreciate BB7 but any BB7 phone is hardly running circles around any BB10 device.

Browser, overall OS speed, capabilities etc...
    11-12-13 05:48 PM
    I use two phones BB10 and Android. Both are for different needs. Android phone solves the app problem, Z10 for email, calenders and BB travel.
    Android handles email the same way bb10 does. Calendars are better imo on Android mostly for the multiple reminders and the plethora of calendar widget. Tasks are also better imo on Android

The main thing bb10 really does better is the universal search.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 06:16 PM
    "better" is simply what works best for you.... hope the OP has a lot of enjoyment from the new phone....
    TgeekB and bbq10l like this.
    11-12-13 06:53 PM
    Glad you enjoyed your choice, however I have used android with Samsung note 2 and I am still using a Samsung tablet note and definitely don't feel same as you.....
    But needs of everyone are different!

Sent from my Z 30
    11-12-13 08:14 PM
    I replaced my Z10 with a Nexus 5, Blackberry should go Android...-42292405.jpg

Z10 10.2.0.1791 via CB10
    MarsupilamiX and southlander like this.
    11-12-13 08:45 PM
    I remember my first beer.
    11-12-13 08:47 PM
    I really think you're stretching with that one. I do appreciate BB7 but any BB7 phone is hardly running circles around any BB10 device.

Browser, overall OS speed, capabilities etc...
    As a phone a 7.1 device is superior to any BlackBerry 10 device. 7.1 was far better at communication than BlackBerry 10.
    Yeah overall BlackBerry 10 wins it but if we focus on only communication, well unfortunately BlackBerry has become more like it's competition without retaining it's past strengths

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 12:44 AM
    Android handles email the same way bb10 does. Calendars are better imo on Android mostly for the multiple reminders and the plethora of calendar widget. Tasks are also better imo on Android

The main thing bb10 really does better is the universal search.

Posted via CB10
    I think what he was trying to get at is he prefers managing email, calendars, and task via his BlackBerry. It isn't so much that you don't reach the same result on an Android device, but the process of reaching that result is preferred from a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 12:52 AM
    Uughhhh...im so tired of hearing this. No offense to the OP.
    BlackBerry is BlackBerry, period!
    If they don't make it as a business then they go out of business. If they went Android, then they wouldn't be BlackBerry.
    It's like saying Target should go Walmart, Ford should go Chevy, Lowes should go Home Depot, Lone Star should go Outback etc., etc., etc.!!!
    BlackBerry is Blackberry.
    Please, nobody ever say this again
    So is a BBOS device the only real BlackBerry ?
    11-13-13 01:00 AM
    Why do people continue to post on BlackBerry forums about their opinions on Android?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 01:05 AM
    I'm really enjoying the bb10 virtual keyboard and their os. I'm going to stick around with BlackBerry and see what John Chen has up his sleeves. After all, he is an software expert.
    Daniel Montanaro likes this.
    11-13-13 01:11 AM
    A friend got an LG something.. G2 I think today.

After playing with it for 15 minutes I found that the intrigue quickly wore off and the confusion set in.

The UI is a horrid disjointed mess. Swiping between app pages had me swiping and swiping. Why am I swiping through blank pages? Where am I? This is silly. Visually it seems very overwhelming. Cluttered.

And what's with the persistent back and home buttons? Couldn't that space be replaced with something relevant to the app I'm in?

I like the simplistic elegance of BB10. It works and I don't have to think about it.
    11-13-13 02:00 AM
    Too bad they couldn't somehow put Google play store on blackberry. I don't mind android, but I'm very bored of it.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 02:15 AM
    Why do people continue to post on BlackBerry forums about their opinions on Android?

Posted via CB10
    Just because when you come from other device you really cannot understand the absence of essential apps (cloud music as amazon mp3 or Google, no g+, no Google drive... my bank app, no Gmail with categories). Paying a device 200 ? more than a nexus with out basics it is disappointing. It states that you can convert apps, i installed the dev tools and no app was eligible to the convertion.
    The os is very nice, the work done is perfect (except the very big back button: on z30 it's fine but on q5 it takes a big part of the screen).
    The apple sentence is proper: there is an app for that. The Bbw is to be filled.
    The point isn't to be in the BBW but to have an up to date smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-13-13 03:46 AM
    So is a BBOS device the only real BlackBerry ?
    No, BBOS is the original BlackBerry, but both are still made by BlackBerry, in house.
    11-13-13 07:57 AM
    Here is my word, I would not be surprised if you came back to BlackBerry 10 in a few months. You will miss BlackBerry 10. You will wonder what you were thinking by switching to non BlackBerry 10 phones. It is hard to bring users to BlackBerry 10 initially on board so far, but it is also tough to leave it for others once on board for a while.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 10:03 AM
    Time will tell!

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 10:04 AM
187 12345 ...