05-01-12 10:01 AM
26 12
tools
    I was reading an article by Dan Graziano on the Boy Genius Report, about the impressive download numbers that Angry Birds Space has put up since its release in late March. The article mentions that it launched on iOS, Android, PC, and OS X. Someone commented that Graziano had forgotten that Angry Birds Space is also on QNX, and Jonathan Geller took the time to comment something like this.

This isn't really a big deal, because the anti-RIM sentiment is par for the course over at BGR, and obviously BGR is Jonathan's website and he can post whatever he wants. But aside from apps and marketing, RIM should really think of how they can change the sentiment towards BlackBerry. I know no one can MAKE someone like their product, but the way people (especially at BGR) seem to have it out for RIM is just bizarre.

Of all the major phone manufacturers, to me RIM is the most likable. Not only does it do a lot for the community and education in Waterloo, but it has never been accused of or been investigated by a government over privacy concerns like Google has. In fact, RIM's situation is just the opposite, with BBM being deemed TOO private by the Indian government etc. And RIM has never been under the spotlight for the terrible working conditions, like Apple has for Foxconn, where iPhones and iPads are built.

Anyways, I don't know how a company goes about changing what people say about its products. I kind of stopped reading BGR once I saw how biased it truly is about Apple. The fact that the author didn't include QNX ln the list of platforms for Angry Birds Space is one thing. But the fact that the Editor In Chief of the whole blog would comment something like that is another. And while I know that the PlayBook probably did contribute the least number of downloads, it's still notable that dead, or to-be-sold or on-its-way-to-bankruptcy RIM's year-old device got one of the biggest games in mobile gaming history before Windows Phone 7, which some are thinking is the only third platform
    Last edited by SK122387; 04-30-12 at 09:31 PM.
    04-30-12 09:20 PM
    Its a fanboy site disguised as a neutral tech news site.
    04-30-12 09:29 PM
    His mother should have aborted him once she found out how brain-dead he was.
    joski likes this.
    04-30-12 09:32 PM
    I don't know which is worse BGR or Engadget!
    SK122387 likes this.
    04-30-12 09:32 PM
    BGR, Engadget, Gizmodo ... Its a conspiracy i tell yah
    04-30-12 09:39 PM
    No matter what the actual number was that accounted for the 50 million, us PlayBook users still accounted. He's a complete ifanboy.
    SK122387 likes this.
    04-30-12 09:40 PM
    I just looked over at BGR. The articles are mostly about Apple and Android, only 2 about RIM: "RIM behind 'Wake Up' protest" and "RIM is dead".
    04-30-12 09:41 PM
    If you guys hate the site so much, DO NOT GO THERE!

The more visits, comments and links he gets, the stronger he becomes.

Last edited by diegonei; 05-12-12 at 09:09 PM.
    04-30-12 09:50 PM
    If you guys hate the site so much, DO NOT GO THERE!

The more visits, comments and liks he gets, the stronger he becomes.

that makes too much sense...stop it!
    louzer, diegonei and Premium1 like this.
    04-30-12 09:52 PM
    I've never visited the Site before, not even once. sounds like the guy is a total d-bag. Oh well.
    SK122387 and joski like this.
    04-30-12 09:57 PM
    Bgr is not a fan of android either. You hear jonathan Geller on twitter bad mouthing android and pro apple everything. But he did get OS 2.0 release date and Samsung Galaxy Nexus specs correct which was right on the money.
    04-30-12 10:03 PM
    I've never visited the Site before, not even once. sounds like the guy is a total d-bag. Oh well.
    Geller claims to bash out of love... Because he's dissapointed at how far behind the platform is.

The others probably bash because Geller tells them to.

Only one in there that does not bash (and surprise, even says good things from time to time) about RIM/BlackBerry/PlayBook is Zach Epstein. When he says something bad about, I'm usually open to listening to it, because he also mentions good things about RIM.

If all the tech media could be fair, I really wouldn't mind a few guys "get off your , RIM" comments. Because there would also be plenty "RIM preparing for a come back with a bang".

Oh damn, I'm probably making sense again. Enough posting for today! Night all! ^^
    04-30-12 10:07 PM
    Keep spreading the word, BGR sucks lemons and drinks d-bag tea

I never visit the site
    04-30-12 10:19 PM
    I hate them. that's why I rarely visit the site. I only visit Technobuffalo. CrackBerry, BlackBerryEmpire and N4BB.

But I prefer CB and BBE

Sent from my Beloved BlackBerry Torch 9860 using Tapatalk
    SK122387 likes this.
    04-30-12 10:31 PM
    He bashes RIM just to ruffle the feathers of BB fans. BB fans are among the most passionate so he knows that he can generate hits by doing so. It's hard to compete with so many Apple blog sites out there. So when he needs a quick boost, he just gives a bash and the Crackberry faithful respond.
    04-30-12 11:00 PM
    It is all free PR for the site...... Everyone is entitled to their opinion even is we do not agree with it...... I check as many sites out as I can because I wish to be informed... I go to various Apple Android and BB forums.... Do I like the biased ones... no but if you close you mind to everything you do not agree with.... you learn nothing.... In fact you risk becoming those you hate.... that is what happens when you stop looking and learning.....
    04-30-12 11:11 PM
    I do read other tech sites having to do with Apple, like 9 to 5 Mac and Mac-Forums. That's because they're open about what they are: sites about Apple. I have a MacBook and an iPod touch, and bought OS X Lion the day it was released, and also downloaded iOS5.1 when it was released a month ago or so. I'm not blind to how useful Apple products are or can be, I just don't/won't choose to use an iPhone as my phone or an iPad as my tablet, because the iPhone isn't what I want and an iPad is just a bigger version of it (just my opinion).

I did read Zach Epstein's article about how he likes the PlayBook, but there wasn't much news about OS2.0 other than it launched. Did I expect a lot of coverage about OS2.0? No. But I remember how many comments his positive story on the PlayBook got, so I would have thought that, for comments'/debate's sake, he would have done another review of some of the new things in OS2 ....especially because there are seemingly pointless stories like, "A month with the new iPad."

Also, I just checked BGR again..looks like two people responded to Geller's comment about the PlayBook getting Angry Birds Space before WP7 and calling him out on his blatant fanboyism. Weird how he makes time to take a dig at RIM like that, but not to address his bias and exclusion of a pretty important side note
    05-01-12 12:43 AM
    Bgr is not a fan of android either. You hear jonathan Geller on twitter bad mouthing android and pro apple everything. But he did get OS 2.0 release date and Samsung Galaxy Nexus specs correct which was right on the money.

The guy calls himself a professional smack talker. He's just there to stir crap up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    05-01-12 03:19 AM
    Its a fanboy site disguised as a neutral tech news site.
    Never bothered with it. I didn't think anyone actually took that site any more seriously than those amateur review YouTube videos people make in their kitchens
    05-01-12 04:00 AM
    I lol'ed at his comment. Like it or not, he's right. Odds are QNX probably accounted for less than 500k of the 50 million, unless more than half of all PlayBook users bought it. Doubtful.

Look, like him or not, when Companies are up, BGR praises them. Right now, the company on top is Apple. When RIM was on top, he praised them too. I'm sure if Apple loses it's momentum he'll bash them.
    05-01-12 07:16 AM
    So basically he's flaky instead of in possession of long term insight.
    05-01-12 07:44 AM
    reading articles from bgr is like reading the tabloids... negative headlines catch a users attention.

simple as that...

i've stopped going to their page.... i find theverge.com to be the best.
    05-01-12 07:47 AM
    BGR = Perez Hilton of the mobile world?
    bluetroll likes this.
    05-01-12 08:44 AM
    BGR = Perez Hilton of the mobile world?
    Yes and instead of drawing "white" on people's faces, he just takes real-life shots (haha) of himself with "white" on his face.
    05-01-12 09:44 AM
    His comments on the BB World conference this morning are just indefensible. He used to tip toe that line and today he just jumped over with both feet to the other side and acted like a 15 year old boy who sounds uneducated and stubborn.
    ekafara likes this.
    05-01-12 09:58 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD