90 members of the bb10 team just got let go

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Highly doubt they let go 90 software guys...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-20-14 08:46 PM
    You can usually see BB's at the Verizon "business" stores--you need to call or stop into a Verizon store and ask them where the nearest "business store" is. That's where I saw the Z30. Our company is still standardized on BB and I wanted an iPhone. Now when I show the Z30 to iPhone users they are envious. Go for the Z30, it is a beautiful, elegant and powerful phone. Takes a little getting used to but it's awesome...never thought I'd be saying it, but it's true.

Also, the clerk in the store told me BB will be out of business soon. I'm guessing their commissions are low on these products or plans and they make more selling iPhone plans. No idea if true, but ...
    03-21-14 01:54 AM
    I'm visiting L.A. (from Sacramento) and am interested in updating my 4 year old BB Bold 9700 with a Q10 (not a Z10 or Z30). In Sacramento, not one single carrier has a live Q10 on display. I drove into Westwood, near UCLA, this morning where there is an ATT, Verizon, Radio Shack, and an independent wireless shop that sells all the various company phones and plans on a search for a live Q10 I can hold in my hand and check out. In each of the 4 different shops I was told "Oh, Blackberry is going out of business and soon you won't even be able to get one...."
    That's funny. I live down here, and am in Westwood a lot. The T-Mobile store right there used to have a great display of the 8800, 8100, 8700, and whatever else was out at the time. What a difference a few years makes.

I was in a Verizon store yesterday in Torrance, just down the 405 freeway, to get a Z30 case for the Z30 I ordered from Shop BlackBerry. There were NO Z30s on display, the sales rep said they were all in the back. She checked for accessories for it, and they had none. Really sad state to see BlackBerry in. I'm sure had I asked to see a Z30, they would have let me. Try asking for one from the back if you want to see one. Get what you can out of the carriers. They're all pretty terrible.
    03-21-14 02:37 AM
    Try asking for one from the back if you want to see one. Get what you can out of the carriers. They're all pretty terrible.
    Are they? Or is BlackBerry pretty terrible at carrier relations and retail presence?

#BlameBlackBerry
    03-21-14 07:33 AM
    That was an interesting post, because I found that UK phone shops have also been giving up on BlackBerry.
    Even if they have the devices on display (which is rare), I was always warned by staff that Blackberry's are unreliable, "not very good", etc.
    BlackBerry needs to get a team together, of people who genuinely believe in their products, to educate and incentivise the sales people on the ground floor to champion and promote their products.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 08:49 AM
    It's wierd how the carrier stores vary from location to location. All 3 of the corporate Verizon stores within 10 miles from my house had the Q and both Zs on display. One even had a few Qs in stock. I had talked to rep at the west store and he was a fan and even showed me what gestures were all about when I still had my 9930. The south store guy didn't try to fight just asked why I wanted to go from an iphone to BB. I live in Wichita, KS. Wouldn't have thought this to be a BlackBerry stronghold.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    03-21-14 09:31 AM
    Been hearing that for years. It's getting old.
    03-21-14 09:42 AM
    Are they? Or is BlackBerry pretty terrible at carrier relations and retail presence?

#BlameBlackBerry
    Nope I don't think they are, but I don't think the carriers are terrible either.

BlackBerry had no trouble getting well positioned and marketed by carriers when they were 'cool' and everybody was using their devices. People started buying iPhones and Samsung Galaxy devices and since then the carriers push those, because the demand is there. This hasn't anything to do with great marketing or carrier relations on Apple's or Samsung's part. It's just that people want Apple's and Samsung's devices. The bad thing about this is that people will want to buy iPhones and Galaxies even more when the carriers are pushing them. Which then leads to the carriers pushing even harder. Though for OEMs that try to fight their way back to relevance, like Sony, LG, Motorola, Nokia or BlackBerry.
    03-21-14 09:54 AM
    I'm visiting L.A. (from Sacramento) and am interested in updating my 4 year old BB Bold 9700 with a Q10 (not a Z10 or Z30). In Sacramento, not one single carrier has a live Q10 on display. I drove into Westwood, near UCLA, this morning where there is an ATT, Verizon, Radio Shack, and an independent wireless shop that sells all the various company phones and plans on a search for a live Q10 I can hold in my hand and check out. In each of the 4 different shops I was told "Oh, Blackberry is going out of business and soon you won't even be able to get one...."
    I am from Sacramento and was just in town two months ago. Unless things have changed, the Verizon store on Howe Ave. had them on display right next to the Z30. What they did not have was the Z10.
    03-21-14 10:23 AM
84 ... 234