I went in 2 days ago to pick up a Z30 from Verizon. I didn't go in there to browse around. Nobody tried to talk me out of it either. They were super helpful.

Posted with my Q10!
    03-20-14 04:50 AM
    Sorry OP. I did not realize the "belt" functions were the deciding factor. In that case you will have to wait for the upcoming Q20 or whatever.

I went from a 9700 to a Z10 and found the transition easy. Now have a z30 and would never go back to a keyboard mobile. Nothing against keyboard users. Just love the real estate and massive battery life. It's just perfect for my business.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    I agree, I thought the Q was going to be my next phone. I was completely wrong because the Z10 is so much faster than a physical keyboard and can't wait to upgrade to the Z30. The screen real estate is also great when you aren't typing.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 05:00 AM
    i think these carriers are highly paid by Competitors not to keep Blackberry Phones, yes it always happens country like US. that is the one cause Blackberry is loosing ground in US.
    Then why isn't BB10 selling well in other countries?
    kevinnugent likes this.
    03-20-14 06:07 AM
    Not everyone wants to spend $500 for a phone. It will be interesting to see what the "Jakarta" version of the Q will check in at.
    My prediction is USD250.00.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-20-14 06:17 AM
    Reminds me a bit of my Amiga days when I was an active advocate for a system that died too young.
    The curse of QNX strikes again!

Seriously though, the QNX-Amiga deal would have been amazing. It's such a pity it never happened.
    03-20-14 06:21 AM
    As a long time BlackBerry user who went from the 9650 to the 9930 to the Q10 - I can say you get used to not having the belt. The keyboard is great on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe but I actually really loved it. Went from the 9900 to the Z10. Hardware call, menu, back and end buttons have so much going for them from a tool-ish standpoint IMO and I really think of going back to QWERTY at this point, but only with the belt. If I'm going to make compromises again concerning screen real estate and go for the full tool approach again, I really want the full package. And for me the keyboard alone doesn't cut it.
    03-20-14 06:34 AM
    Last week I walked into a Verizon hoping to check out a z30. I currently have the z10 and love it. So I was thinking of switching carriers and the whole nine. Anyway I ask the guy if they have any z30's and I was told Noone carries blackberry and they don't have the z30 anymore. I told him well your website has it. I am then told oh if the Verizon site has it then i can get one.
    He goes on to tell me they don't carry blackberry because the last one they had sat on the shelf for months. The guy said he use to like blackberry until he got an android then proceeds to ask me why would you want a blackberry anyway. My response was why not and that was the end of that.
    BlackBerry needs to do something and fast. With information like this from the only carrier to sell the z30 in the states this is just bad. The sales man acted like a tool anyway. Just figured I would share.
    03-20-14 06:42 AM
    i think these carriers are highly paid by Competitors not to keep Blackberry Phones, yes it always happens country like US. that is the one cause Blackberry is loosing ground in US.
    You truly believe manufacturers are bribing US carriers to avoid a brand which commands 1-2% of the market? That's extremely delusional.
    TGR1, JeepBB and kevinnugent like this.
    03-20-14 07:15 AM
    BlackBerry needs to do something and fast. With information like this from the only carrier to sell the z30 in the states this is just bad. The sales man acted like a tool anyway.
    Funny how when a salesperson gives a dose of reality about BlackBerry they're labelled as a "tool", etc. Sounds like the guy was just telling the truth.
    03-20-14 07:19 AM
    More importantly, what is Blackberry doing about it?

Given Blackberry's woeful marketing efforts in the US, the only surprise in your experience is that they were using the future tense as opposed to the past tense in describing Blackberry.
    03-20-14 07:45 AM
    People go for notes and nexus 5s' and iPhones when not on BlackBerry but when they look at BlackBerry they only seem to look for qwerty. The Z30 uses the best touch keyboard and gives you the best battery life plus that extra screen space.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    So ironical!!
    03-20-14 10:27 AM
    Last week I walked into a Verizon hoping to check out a z30. I currently have the z10 and love it. So I was thinking of switching carriers and the whole nine. Anyway I ask the guy if they have any z30's and I was told Noone carries blackberry and they don't have the z30 anymore. I told him well your website has it. I am then told oh if the Verizon site has it then i can get one.
    He goes on to tell me they don't carry blackberry because the last one they had sat on the shelf for months. The guy said he use to like blackberry until he got an android then proceeds to ask me why would you want a blackberry anyway. My response was why not and that was the end of that.
    BlackBerry needs to do something and fast. With information like this from the only carrier to sell the z30 in the states this is just bad. The sales man acted like a tool anyway. Just figured I would share.
    Hopefully the new "ShopBlackBerry.com" method of selling phones in the USA might start addressing this quagmire.
    03-20-14 10:32 AM
    When I am in a mall and I notice a kiosk does not carry the latest Blackberry I stop and tell them I am looking to purchase one right then. When they tell me some song and dance about why they don't have one I tell them thank you I will go elsewhere as I really need a phone today.
    I keep doing that at every mall and kiosk. Eventually the people working them will figure they are losing sales, and maybe it can go up the chain to their management and supervisors to reconsider stocking BlackBerry phones due to lost sales.
    Now imagine if everyone on Crackberry could do the same, it might have an effect, and it only takes a few seconds of your time. Plus it's worth the look on their faces when they think they have lost a sale.

Posted via CB10
    I'll do this. Even though I have a phone and am not looking, it would be worth my time just to make the sales people see there is still a demand.

Posted without the help of AutoCorrect. Q10, 10.2.1.2174
    Bigbacala likes this.
    03-20-14 10:44 AM
    Stop me if you've heard this before.
    "What kind of phone is that ?"
    "Oh it's a blackberry"
    "BlackBerry? I thought those guys were dead"
    -_-"

Visit my channel @ C0029395D
    Martin Green likes this.
    03-20-14 11:26 AM
    More importantly, what is Blackberry doing about it?

Given Blackberry's woeful marketing efforts in the US, the only surprise in your experience is that they were using the future tense as opposed to the past tense in describing Blackberry.
    Exactly. Like it or not the public in general seems to think BlackBerry is out of business. I get that response all the time when I mention BlackBerry and hear that from people I know when the subject of cell phones comes up. These people are potential customers and not everyone pays attention to what's going on in the cell phone world. Not everyone browses forums and sites like CB.

For this to change in any meaningful way BlackBerry needs to do some serious highly visible marketing not tied to specific carriers but targeted to potential customers; i.e. the general public. If they did that people that have been told time after time that BlackBerry is dead may now walk into a cell phone store and request a BlackBerry. If these stores have enough people coming through the door wanting to see a BlackBerry they'll start stocking them and stop lying about the company.

Chen has a lot more to do to turn the company around I think.

Just my opinion of course.
    03-20-14 12:28 PM
    I can't imagine that there's many, if any casual BB sales. You have to be unswervingly committed to buying a BlackBerry to get the carrier to sell you one.
    03-20-14 04:38 PM
    I can't imagine that there's many, if any casual BB sales. You have to be unswervingly committed to buying a BlackBerry to get the carrier to sell you one.
    Buy from the wireless carrier's corporate store and the staff won't dissuade your smartphone choice. I have been buying from a corporate store since upgrading my BlackBerry 8820 to a BlackBerry 9700 and subsequent replacements including the current BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q5.
    03-20-14 04:51 PM
    "BlackBerry going out of business" has become sort of an urban legend and BlackBerry should do something about it.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 06:05 PM
    Buy from the wireless carrier's corporate store and the staff won't dissuade your smartphone choice. I have been buying from a corporate store since upgrading my BlackBerry 8820 to a BlackBerry 9700 and subsequent replacements including the current BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q5.
    Remember though, if we're talking about options for the general public. Not everyone knows or even knows to look for a carrier corporate store. Certainly the commenter you quoted knows how to find a particular device, but the average person may not, and it's those "average person" sales that BBRY likely hopes to grow.

"BlackBerry going out of business" has become sort of an urban legend and BlackBerry should do something about it.
    That's fine, but the next (and more difficult) question is what to do. Certainly the company is aware that customer perception is a significant hurdle, and the company has made some efforts to address it. It takes time though, and (quite frankly) some good fortune that is never guaranteed.
    03-20-14 06:31 PM
    I'll do this. Even though I have a phone and am not looking, it would be worth my time just to make the sales people see there is still a demand.

Posted without the help of AutoCorrect. Q10, 10.2.1.2174
    You do this, they bring in a few units that don't sell, they get mad at BBRY even more.

You aren't reflecting a real demand. BBRY knows this and has left the current crop to fend for themselves. Too bad, so sad.

If BBRY has any real intention to stay in the consumer area, you will see it at the launch of the next phone and in support. I definitely get a sense of BBRY building that distance between "then" and "now" although I am still skeptical about the non-enterprise. If it is real, do expect a completely different atmosphere and expect a huge push. Frankly, they would have to.
    03-20-14 07:13 PM
    Best Buy USA seldom have Blackberry phones on display in their stores, only those sheep phones and android crap. I stopped going to BestBuy in the US because of this. BestBuy Canada as well as Future Shop have token Blackberry phone displays, but at least they have them.
    03-20-14 07:39 PM
    On that point, anyone know how many active BlackBerry users are on here? I can't imagine it's enough to keep them going unfortunately. Reminds me a bit of my Amiga days when I was an active advocate for a system that died too young. I hope I'm wrong.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2228
    Have you looked around BBRY Channels. The amount of annoying 'add me' posts and 'hey {insert girls name here}' are outrageous. Plenty of users so far.
    Side note: BB Channels please add more administrator functions!!
    03-20-14 08:22 PM
    90 members of the bb10 team just got let go

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-20-14 08:24 PM
    Have you looked around BBRY Channels. The amount of annoying 'add me' posts and 'hey {insert girls name here}' are outrageous. Plenty of users so far.
    Side note: BB Channels please add more administrator functions!!
    You have to remember BBM channels includes X platforms too

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-20-14 08:25 PM
    I'm visiting L.A. (from Sacramento) and am interested in updating my 4 year old BB Bold 9700 with a Q10 (not a Z10 or Z30). In Sacramento, not one single carrier has a live Q10 on display. I drove into Westwood, near UCLA, this morning where there is an ATT, Verizon, Radio Shack, and an independent wireless shop that sells all the various company phones and plans on a search for a live Q10 I can hold in my hand and check out. In each of the 4 different shops I was told "Oh, Blackberry is going out of business and soon you won't even be able to get one...."
    This is a common experience in the US. Apparently all carriers have discontinued selling Q10s but some have Z10s. I have not found one that knows there is a z30. Most say the "Blackberry is out of business" or something like we will not be selling Blackberry any more.

Remember with the before OS10 devices, carriers received some extra revenue from the BIS service. But OS10 devices don't use BIS so no kickback to the carriers.

Seems to me that the new management team would do something about this. I have a hunch that come holiday season this fall, one or two new high-end Blackberries will be rolled out with fanfare, TV ads and promotion in the stores.

We must also remember that the business model is changing for the carriers where they sell connection service only without contract and people buy their devices unlocked on the open market. Notice the Blackberry store: BlackBerry Smartphones & Accessories – Buy Unlocked Phones, Cases, Chargers, Batteries, Bluetooth Accessories & More
    03-20-14 08:29 PM
84 1234