I'm visiting L.A. (from Sacramento) and am interested in updating my 4 year old BB Bold 9700 with a Q10 (not a Z10 or Z30). In Sacramento, not one single carrier has a live Q10 on display. I drove into Westwood, near UCLA, this morning where there is an ATT, Verizon, Radio Shack, and an independent wireless shop that sells all the various company phones and plans on a search for a live Q10 I can hold in my hand and check out. In each of the 4 different shops I was told "Oh, Blackberry is going out of business and soon you won't even be able to get one...."
    03-19-14 01:38 PM
    So what did you respond (assuming you already knew better)?
    03-19-14 01:42 PM
    03-19-14 01:45 PM
    Only hope is online purchase. Unlocked.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-19-14 01:45 PM
    Well then your best bet would be a Best Buy, they have cell phone displays for all carriers.
    03-19-14 01:46 PM
    So what did you respond (assuming you already knew better)?
    I told each one of them that they were totally wrong and they should look at Crackberry.com and discover there is a very active community of Blackberry users looking to keep using Blackberries.
    03-19-14 01:50 PM
    I will be going to Las Vegas mid April and will check out some wireless shop and see what they say when I want to buy a Blackberry phone.
    03-19-14 02:11 PM
    Sounds like you know what you want so just buy online and save yourself the aggravation of clueless salespeople!

Z10 on T-Mobile, 32 GB PlayBook - Posted via CrackBerry 10
    03-19-14 02:17 PM
    I told each one of them that they were totally wrong and they should look at Crackberry.com and discover there is a very active community of Blackberry users looking to keep using Blackberries.
    On that point, anyone know how many active BlackBerry users are on here? I can't imagine it's enough to keep them going unfortunately. Reminds me a bit of my Amiga days when I was an active advocate for a system that died too young. I hope I'm wrong.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2228
    03-19-14 02:18 PM
    On that point, anyone know how many active BlackBerry users are on here? I can't imagine it's enough to keep them going unfortunately. Reminds me a bit of my Amiga days when I was an active advocate for a system that died too young. I hope I'm wrong.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2228
    why do you think they are putting their efforts on enterprise and the low budget markets ? They are doing this to rebuild. It will be hard but that's why John Chen said 50/50 chance to keep this company going.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-19-14 02:24 PM
    When I am in a mall and I notice a kiosk does not carry the latest Blackberry I stop and tell them I am looking to purchase one right then. When they tell me some song and dance about why they don't have one I tell them thank you I will go elsewhere as I really need a phone today.
    I keep doing that at every mall and kiosk. Eventually the people working them will figure they are losing sales, and maybe it can go up the chain to their management and supervisors to reconsider stocking BlackBerry phones due to lost sales.
    Now imagine if everyone on Crackberry could do the same, it might have an effect, and it only takes a few seconds of your time. Plus it's worth the look on their faces when they think they have lost a sale.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 02:25 PM
    I would hazard a guess that going from a 9700 to Q10 would be a huge upgrade. No real need to hold one. It is arguably the best keyboard BlackBerry mobile to date!

Enjoy buying your new phone online and bypass the retail outlets all together.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    03-19-14 02:29 PM
    I would hazard a guess that going from a 9700 to Q10 would be a huge upgrade. No real need to hold one. It is arguably the best keyboard BlackBerry mobile to date!

And with the latest 10.2.1 being available to pretty much everyone now.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-19-14 02:32 PM
    When I am in a mall and I notice a kiosk does not carry the latest Blackberry I stop and tell them I am looking to purchase one right then. When they tell me some song and dance about why they don't have one I tell them thank you I will go elsewhere as I really need a phone today.
    I keep doing that at every mall and kiosk. Eventually the people working them will figure they are losing sales, and maybe it can go up the chain to their management and supervisors to reconsider stocking BlackBerry phones due to lost sales.
    Now imagine if everyone on Crackberry could do the same, it might have an effect, and it only takes a few seconds of your time. Plus it's worth the look on their faces when they think they have lost a sale.

Posted via CB10
    I think the issue with that idea is that there seems to be infinite turnover of staff/salespeople in almost every carrier's store I've ever gone in - meaning - that you tell one person who is part-time and could care less and then they're no longer there and the endless succession of salespeople who are not there very long, etc. I cannot recall a time when I saw the same people in a carrier's store after the one time I did see them.
    seluje likes this.
    03-19-14 02:33 PM
    Why do people waste their time dealing with moronic salespeople? Just buy your device online direct from Blackberry.
    03-19-14 02:37 PM

That may be true - but I've been using BB phones with the belt for a long time ( couple of curves before the Bold) and really want to see what it's like to use a BB with no belt. I have tried phones that are all swipe and I really truly dislike the swiping. I know the Q10 is a combo of keyboard and swipe but I really like the trackpad and the buttons, so I want to check one out real live and in my hands to see if I would like the combo. I've read a zillion posts here on CB and I found there are others who feel the same way and the reports are mixed.
    03-19-14 02:38 PM
    That may be true - but I've been using BB phones with the belt for a long time ( couple of curves before the Bold) and really want to see what it's like to use a BB with no belt. I have tried phones that are all swipe and I really truly dislike the swiping. I know the Q10 is a combo of keyboard and swipe but I really like the trackpad and the buttons, so I want to check one out real live and in my hands to see if I would like the combo. I've read a zillion posts here on CB and I found there are others who feel the same way and the reports are mixed.
    BB10 is all about swiping. Even with Q5 or Q10. The loss of efficiency you get because the track pad is gained in other areas. It's extremely fast compared to legacy phones.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    world saviour and Elite1 like this.
    03-19-14 02:43 PM
    Sorry OP. I did not realize the "belt" functions were the deciding factor. In that case you will have to wait for the upcoming Q20 or whatever.

I went from a 9700 to a Z10 and found the transition easy. Now have a z30 and would never go back to a keyboard mobile. Nothing against keyboard users. Just love the real estate and massive battery life. It's just perfect for my business.

03-19-14 02:51 PM

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2228
    AmigaOne X1000 is available! (I wish I had one.) If you need some Amiga nostalgia load up UAE4Droid from the Google PlayStore. The Z10 runs Battle Squadron, Hybris, Omega Race and many other games flawlessly.
    NinjaB likes this.
    03-19-14 02:54 PM
    AmigaOne X1000 is available! (I wish I had one.) If you need some Amiga nostalgia load up UAE4Droid from the Google PlayStore. The Z10 runs Battle Squadron, Hybris, Omega Race and many other games flawlessly.
    Now that's very tempting. AmigaOS was way ahead of its time, and had great games too.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2228
    03-19-14 03:00 PM
    why do you think they are putting their efforts on enterprise and the low budget markets ? They are doing this to rebuild. It will be hard but that's why John Chen said 50/50 chance to keep this company going.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Yes, I've read that and it makes sense. My recent experience working on an MDM project at a big multinational makes me worried about that as well tho...the execs were all wanting solutions to work with iPhone and ipad and less interested in security. the perception there was that BB were dead as well, and despite circa 10,000 BlackBerry devices and licences all running flawlessly, were convinced non-BB BYOD was the way to go. Even the increased costs didn't seem to worry them much.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2228
    03-19-14 03:04 PM
    You can get a Q10 from ATT, but you will have to "order" it either online or through an ATT corporate store.

These guys are idiots. I got lucky when I wanted to get my Q10 last July. They happened to have one, I repeat one, in the store. The ATT version of 10.1 is awful. If you end up with a Q10, the first thing you should do is install the latest leak. I don't see ATT moving real fast on the OS updates, if they move at all.

There are multiple Q10's available for virtually any carrier on E-Bay ranging from $200 to $500 dollars. If you can wait, I would wait for a Q30 if BlackBerry decides to release it.

I love my Q10, but the extra screen real estate would be nice.

From my awesome Q10 running 10.2.1.2228. Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 03:22 PM
    You can get a Q10 from ATT, but you will have to "order" it either online or through an ATT corporate store.

These guys are idiots. I got lucky when I wanted to get my Q10 last July. They happened to have one, I repeat one, in the store. The ATT version of 10.1 is awful. If you end up with a Q10, the first thing you should do is install the latest leak. I don't see ATT moving real fast on the OS updates, if they move at all.

There are multiple Q10's available for virtually any carrier on E-Bay ranging from $200 to $500 dollars. If you can wait, I would wait for a Q30 if BlackBerry decides to release it.

I love my Q10, but the extra screen real estate would be nice.

From my awesome Q10 running 10.2.1.2228. Posted via CB10
    People go for notes and nexus 5s' and iPhones when not on BlackBerry but when they look at BlackBerry they only seem to look for qwerty. The Z30 uses the best touch keyboard and gives you the best battery life plus that extra screen space.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-19-14 03:53 PM

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2228
    Don't know how many users are on crackberry but aren't there 70-80 million BB users in the world.
    03-19-14 04:01 PM
    Now that's very tempting. AmigaOS was way ahead of its time, and had great games too.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2228
    AmigaOS should have been the operating that set the standard instead of Microsoft Disk Operating System (MS-DOS). Imagine how much farther along OS development would be today. Maybe BlackBerry OS 10 would have been used for the earliest BlackBerry Two-way Pagers.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    JeepBB and sleepngbear like this.
    03-19-14 04:04 PM
84 123 ...