(blank)! What gives? Today I woke up to a dead battery after pulling it last night because I could not turn the camera off. I pull it at least once a day because of hanging, lag, or other small pain in the *** problems. I hope VZW & BB are aware of these problems and plan on fixing them!
    12-23-08 05:37 PM
    I am sure all this will be addressed in future OS upgrades. I could never deal will all this stuff you guys do. Pulling the battery daily is crazy.
    12-23-08 05:48 PM
    Wow, I can't believe that BB released a product with this many flaws. I can understand if it was just battling user preference, but the people are complaining about disruptionally disfunctional hardware and software. I think that they had a lot of good ideas with this unit, but they should have never released it as it is. They should never again release a device without wifi. In this day and age that is not acceptable. Even though I normally have great data and voice from verizon I understand people who live in bad service areas or work in buildings that obstruct service. Get it together if you want to remain a dominat force in smartphones. Rim needs to release a new OS within a year that does more than make the current OS look better.
    12-23-08 06:09 PM
    Ouch... I feel your pain man. It sucks to be a beta tester for something that should've been a lot more polished upon release.

If enough ppl. return the Storm within the 30 day worry free guarantee period, then they will get the message loud and clear!
    12-23-08 07:55 PM
    Most companies have problems with frist production units. Also consider the fact that this is RIM's first touch screen. Most companies have a time period to try the unit and return for your money back if you don't like it, and I know for a fact VZW does. I suggest you utilize that option next time.
    12-23-08 07:56 PM
    It is shameful to hear that there are so many problems with the storm. Companies do have problems with first generation products but quality companies can produce quality first gen products.

Maybe you can sell it on ebay and get a different phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 08:02 PM
    It is shameful to hear that there are so many problems with the storm. Companies do have problems with first generation products but quality companies can produce quality first gen products.
    Are you trying to say that the first iPod or the first iPhone never had any problems?
    12-23-08 08:15 PM
    I didn't see anyone here pointing the finger at Apple. What about the first gen PS2? It had major problems too.

12-23-08 08:24 PM
    I didn't see anyone here pointing the finger at Apple. What about the first gen PS2? It had major problems too.

It was just an example...
    12-23-08 08:27 PM
    Are you trying to say that the first iPod or the first iPhone never had any problems?
    Where did I say that?

I had the first iphone and I had fewer major problems throughout the whole time I had it than I had when I held the storm for five minutes.

I am NOT saying the iphone didn't have any problems.

I am saying that consumers have the right to demand quality even from version one products. The only reason companies can put out seriously flawed devices as version one products is because people buy them and suffer.

Even if apple's iphone was of poor quality when it came out, does that mean that it is ok for RIM to make the storm of poor quality?

12-23-08 08:40 PM
    I don't know what you are doing, but I rarely pull my battery. Maybe once a week. What apps are you running and how much app. memory free space do you have?
    12-23-08 08:56 PM
    (blank)! What gives? Today I woke up to a dead battery after pulling it last night because I could not turn the camera off. I pull it at least once a day because of hanging, lag, or other small pain in the *** problems. I hope VZW & BB are aware of these problems and plan on fixing them!
    This is standard RIM procedure, get used to it. If we still have to do it on Perls and curves, maybe not daily, what makes you think it'll be any different for the storm???
    12-23-08 10:39 PM
    LMFAO! I Swear, I LOL'd At That Title.
    12-23-08 10:47 PM
    rofl, me too.

well it IS called a storm, and a storm is full of chaos and unpredictability.
    12-23-08 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD