I have a personally owned BB; a Curve 8330 on VZW. I have two jobs: I'm a full-time IT professional, and part-time real estate agent. My IT job allows me to connect my personal BB to the corporate BES, which is critical for my IT email, calendar and contacts.

I have my real estate email going to the BB via BIS, so I have no problems keeping my IT and realty emails seperate.

However, I need to find a way to keep a seperate calendar and contact list for my realty information so it doesn't clutter up my IT job Exchange server and Outlook. I don't know if there's a way to have seperated lists directly on the BB, or if an add-on app is required. I don't care which way... as long as it works. An added benefit would be the ability to sync my realty contact list and calendar with one or more of my computers.

My preference is not to have to carry around two devices. It's bad enough all the crap I have to carry around with me now as it is!

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for your help!
    09-17-09 09:33 AM
    I use google's calendar. It syncs over the air. What I like about it is that you can have different calendars, and view either/both whenever you want. As far as the contacts go - The google will import contacts, and then sync them-BUT, I dont think you can sepperate them. Give the google app a try. You can manage it on your phone, or from the web site. Easy interface, and of course-Its free. Hope this helps.
    09-17-09 10:00 AM
    You can just associate the calendar events with the appropriate email address. Contacts I don't think can be separated without losing functionality with one of the groups.

This thread has some useful background.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/seek...2-jobs-281637/

(Yes I know it was a thread on the same topic by you)
    09-17-09 10:41 AM
    You can just associate the calendar events with the appropriate email address. Contacts I don't think can be separated without losing functionality with one of the groups.

This thread has some useful background.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/seek...2-jobs-281637/

(Yes I know it was a thread on the same topic by you)
    I had forgotten that I asked a similar question here.

Anyway, I can indeed set up a calendar entry associated with my BIS email. Problem is, that calendar entry does not display on my Today theme home page. Only the calendar entries from my Desktop calendar. It's good that it will remind me when an appointment is due, but useless insofar as I can't see what's upcoming for today or tomorrow!

Not being able to sort my realty clients from my IT contacts is also frustrating.

I don't want two phones, but maybe I'll finally get that iPhone that looks so shiny and pretty. I'm sick of my father showing off his iPhone every time he sees me with better apps than I can find for my Curve.
    09-17-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD