ok... so i'm going to reach out to the blackberry community on this one. I have been using blackberry's for the last 2 years and loved every minute i have had a working phone. Now i am not going to say blackberry's suck because the outstanding ratings and the fact that everyone i talk to says i just have bad luck. this could be true but I'm sick of "bad luck". i am with verizon wireless and have been for years. have not had problems until i went to pda's. started with a bad choice of phone... Samsung sch-760 which i went through 4 of those because of various problems, one of which was the speakers where almost always blowing. got Verizon to reluctantly switch to the storm, which my first one was great. i was one of the lucky people until it got stolen. got another one and than my luck went bad again. 5 storms later and i said f it. went to the curve. i mean, the curve is a refined blackberry with very few problems. well yeah so when i originally paid i paid 299 for the samsung than another 30 for the storm. i got no money back and decided it wasn't worth a fight as long as i had a good phone. my first curve right a way had problems with buttons. second and third same. 4th one and i was back to a blown speaker. i get my fifth one in today and once again i not only have a blown speaker phone(which i never use anyways) but it freezes up on my and the only thing that works is the trackball. can't click a single button. i was told it could be something I'm doing. well this phone has no programs on it whatso ever. no themes, no games, just my contacts. so after this story what should i do with Verizon. i mean it's been almost a year and a half and $320 down the drain and no truly workable pda to show for it. i am almost done with my 2 year contract and have struggled to get a phone just to make call... and paid $320 for that. i want to know what you the readers think i should ask for or do about it. thank you for reading this rant and sorry if it's in the wrong section...
    10-09-09 09:29 PM
    Might be time to concider how you handle these phones. Perhaps switching carriers. Phone builds are always the one bad apple in the tree, and it sucks that you have t go through it. I hope you fine a phone that won't be giving up on you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 09:46 PM
    i handle my phones very wel. i have a body glove for it. i keep my phones decently cool. here in florida the heat gets pretty bad and i usually just put in in the ac of my work or my house or at my school. i have contemplated switching carriers many times but they are the best in the area. from what i know the curve is a pretty strong phone and doesn't like to quit. the phones that i have had die pretty much the same day i get them. i want a pda for my college because it helps a lot. editing documents, pix\text messaging, phone(the most important), internet, and one i use the most which is push email. i just talked to customer service and was told to go to the verizon store tomorrow and he noted to switch me to something different like the tour or something like that. i am also being contacted by his manager about the fact that i have paid about 100 a month for a phone that has not given me what i pay for...what they will do will probably be minor but anything will help in the situation that i'm in.
    10-09-09 10:02 PM
    Some people just have that kind of luck it seems. My bro goes through phones constantly....dropped one in a glass of lemonade, got one stolen, left one in a bar........oh wait, that's not luck, he just doesn't take care of his stuff.
    10-09-09 11:31 PM
    lol, ^ sounds like my bro... but if that was me i wouldn't of even posted as it would be my own idiocy...
    10-09-09 11:45 PM
    maybe u just got one of those faulty fones...out of 1 in amillion im pretty sure there are some faulty ones that bypass theem
    10-10-09 06:15 AM
    Verizon is the prob. I have had a few bb's with Tmo and ATT. Never a prob. Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 06:32 AM
    It sounds as you've been geting refurbs.

Not gonna tell you to get an unlocked Blackberry and use it with your sim card because you arready spent $320 with all the trouble, but it could solve the problem.

I'd really consider finding another carrier...
    10-10-09 07:25 AM
    I suggest that you go to Verizon and state your problem with that phone. I am sure that you can get the right answer that you want to know.

" Success or defeat is just the result ... What is important is the Quality of Fight."
    10-10-09 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD