Like the title reads, I need some honest help/advice from folks I don't know to get a fresh perspective. I know that this is a Blackberry site, but I know that some of you are not just out of the box partial, and harbor objective bones in your body. I am Blackberry faithful. To be honest, I'm STILL rocking my 9930.Being off contract for a while now, I've been wanting to move to the 10 phase of BB, but that's been just about impossible. I'm a Sprint customer. I have a z10, and recently a Q10. Both are useless to me, which infuriates me to NO end. I'm not in a position to leave my carrier to be quite honest. I get the best service/bang for my buck with them. Sprint recently announced they're doing a BOGO sale with the Galaxy S4s. Being broke, that could be a lucrative deal, as I could split the cost with someone and come out with a new phone, finally. Now I'm seeing that they're announcing this z30. I want to be elated. I really do. But it's sorta like, do I wait, or do I try to move to something that seems comparable? Given Sprint's lack of interesting in either the Z, or Q for real, does it make sense to wait? Has anyone had, or still have the S4 and like it? What don't you like about it? I would love to hear what some of you would do in my position. Thank you for all the positive input ahead of time.

-A Deeply Saddened And Disgruntled Crackberry Abuser
    Yann Blanes likes this.
    08-04-13 07:56 PM
    S4 is definitely a nice phone. I say if a oppertunity presents itself, you go for it. Don't wait for something that may not happen. I'm a huge BlackBerry advocate, but I'm not going to push it when your Carrier obviously isn't making any commitment to your needs.
    Cap_172R likes this.
    08-04-13 08:04 PM
    Hey there,

I see your dilemma! You got to ask yourself which device would suit you best (to accomplish your everyday tasks and needs). BBRY does that for me, so I get the one that I like best...in that case the Q10 (had to Z10 since launch, but i'm a keyboard guy). If the S4 would fill the gap for you then go for it!

IF you really want BB10 and a Q10 or the future Z30, you can find out when and if sprint will support the device (or maybe someone on here can help with a timeline. I did recall seeing a thread about sprint brining the Q10 with an expected release date which wasn't too far away).

Regarding android, I'm not a fan of it, had the Note (backup device) and played around with my gf's S2. I did get the Note for a really good price (approx. $250usd brand new). In the Caribbean, where I am now on vacation, the carriers have some pretty good sales at times. Recently they had the Note2 on sale for approximately $300usd outright, no contract. I tried to pick one up as it's a really good price but they were sold out pretty quickly so i wouldn't blame you for picking up the S4 if you can split the difference/cash in on a good deal!
    08-04-13 08:13 PM
    I am lost. Did Sprint stop supporting BB10? I have Tmo. I think the S4 is a cool phone with lots of features. In my household we have a Samsung Smart TV, Samsung S2 and Samsung Galaxy Tablet. They are cool gadgets with amazing capabilities but we have had quality issues with all of them. The TV has been replaced twice and my husband's S2 phone three times. My daughter complains of lag and bugginess with her tablet. But again, in performance wise they are ahead of the curve. I think if you want a cool gadget, short term, u will be happy with the S4.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    08-04-13 08:15 PM
    Hey OP, as the other posters have said, if the SG4 best suits your needs then go for it.

At the end of the day you have to do what is right for you. If you don't get a phone that you like you will be an unhappy customer.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    08-04-13 08:18 PM
    Can you define "both are useless to me"?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 08:24 PM
    Hey OP, as the other posters have said, if the SG4 best suits your needs then go for it.

At the end of the day you have to do what is right for you. If you don't get a phone that you like you will be an unhappy customer.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^
    We left Sprint for Verizon because they aren't stocking BB. I bought the Q and my wife the S4, we both love our phones. I use mine for business and she uses hers for pleasure, to each his/her own.
    08-04-13 08:25 PM
    OMG. You all are awesome. I'm not used to getting replies so quickly. True Blood is on, so I will get back to you amazing people right after it's done. I'm a dork, I know. LOL
    08-04-13 08:27 PM
    Can you define "both are useless to me"?

Posted via CB10
    Oops. My bad. Sprint.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 08:30 PM
    S4 is definitely a nice phone. I say if a oppertunity presents itself, you go for it. Don't wait for something that may not happen. I'm a huge BlackBerry advocate, but I'm not going to push it when your Carrier obviously isn't making any commitment to your needs.
    Thank you so much. That really means a lot. It just sucks. You really want to support, but then it's like F*CK what can you do?! I know it isn't Blackberry's fault, but still.
    08-04-13 08:32 PM
    Oops. My bad. Sprint.

Posted via CB10
    Yup lol.
    08-04-13 08:33 PM
    Hey there,

I see your dilemma! You got to ask yourself which device would suit you best (to accomplish your everyday tasks and needs). BBRY does that for me, so I get the one that I like best...in that case the Q10 (had to Z10 since launch, but i'm a keyboard guy). If the S4 would fill the gap for you then go for it!

IF you really want BB10 and a Q10 or the future Z30, you can find out when and if sprint will support the device (or maybe someone on here can help with a timeline. I did recall seeing a thread about sprint brining the Q10 with an expected release date which wasn't too far away).

Regarding android, I'm not a fan of it, had the Note (backup device) and played around with my gf's S2. I did get the Note for a really good price (approx. $250usd brand new). In the Caribbean, where I am now on vacation, the carriers have some pretty good sales at times. Recently they had the Note2 on sale for approximately $300usd outright, no contract. I tried to pick one up as it's a really good price but they were sold out pretty quickly so i wouldn't blame you for picking up the S4 if you can split the difference/cash in on a good deal!
    Doesn't seem that Sprint will honestly be supplying the first two devices. The Z30 seems to be months off, and my 9930 has been acting up quite a bit. It's rather annoying. I only want the S4 because it seems like the only non BB on the market that fills my needs. It's really a hard decision.
    08-04-13 08:52 PM
    I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 and think that it's a great phone, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to you. You describe yourself as "BlackBerry faithful" and have a Z10 and a Q10 already (though I have to admit that this part confuses me at this point). It seems that BlackBerry has served your needs well enough for you to buy two phones that you can't use. I would recommend that you wait for the Q10 to become available on Sprint, rather than jumping to another platform now.
    08-04-13 08:52 PM
    I am lost. Did Sprint stop supporting BB10? I have Tmo. I think the S4 is a cool phone with lots of features. In my household we have a Samsung Smart TV, Samsung S2 and Samsung Galaxy Tablet. They are cool gadgets with amazing capabilities but we have had quality issues with all of them. The TV has been replaced twice and my husband's S2 phone three times. My daughter complains of lag and bugginess with her tablet. But again, in performance wise they are ahead of the curve. I think if you want a cool gadget, short term, u will be happy with the S4.

Sprint never started supporting BB10 to begin with. That's the issue. But what you're telling me is that basically the S4 isn't a good long term device?
    08-04-13 08:55 PM
    I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 and think that it's a great phone, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to you. You describe yourself as "BlackBerry faithful" and have a Z10 and a Q10 already (though I have to admit that this part confuses me at this point). It seems that BlackBerry has served your needs well enough for you to buy two phones that you can't use. I would recommend that you wait for the Q10 to become available on Sprint, rather than jumping to another platform now.
    LOL. I didn't say that I've bought my phones though. Not that confusing. Why wouldn't you recommend the S4? Thanks again, ahead of time.
    08-04-13 08:57 PM
    08-04-13 08:57 PM
    THIS^^^^^^^^^^^
    We left Sprint for Verizon because they aren't stocking BB. I bought the Q and my wife the S4, we both love our phones. I use mine for business and she uses hers for pleasure, to each his/her own.
    I TOTALLY agree. I just like to weigh options, and get input. I can't go to Verizon. I can't afford their plans. T-Mobile isn't all that great here, but love the price...and would NEVER go to AT&T. lol. I just feel stuck.
    08-04-13 09:00 PM
    Just like that article said though. There's no concrete date. I'm in need of a new phone for the most part instead of wanting one.
    08-04-13 09:01 PM

So true. Thank you. I appreciate your input so much!
    08-04-13 09:03 PM
    When I was new to Sprint, they gave me 30 days to decide on a phone. Try the S4 for a couple of weeks and by then the Q should be out. Then, try the Q on for size.
    08-04-13 09:07 PM
    LOL. I didn't say that I've bought my phones though. Not that confusing. Why wouldn't you recommend the S4? Thanks again, ahead of time.
    Heh, I can't see why it wouldn't be a long term device honestly... the spec sheet alone is impressive. 1080p screen, Quad core processing (1.9Ghz one of the variants has on a Snapdragon 600 chipset), 13MP camera etc. The thing even has infrared (haven't seen that in a phone in a looong while lol)

The only let down (for me personally is the OS as I'm not a fan of it). OS4.2.2 is snappy and smooth (with stock atleast - haven't played around with it using widgets and all those things to see what slows it down etc). What I hate most is lag and choppy feeling when using an OS throughout
    08-04-13 09:10 PM
    Hi based on your post, at your place i will wait for a while for the Q10.

Let me say some word about why this opinion.

i am running a company in mobile field and lucky us we receive every month around 15 to 20 new devices (the top mainstream) is really rare i paid a device for my self , but for the two BB10 i have i paid i am quite happy with both but i prefer the Q10. I have try the S4 is not a bad device but he wont last 2 years (the timing of your contract) so if you are BB user you do better to wait than buy a device and regrets some time after to haven't wait a little longer. Since your current device is doing the job why not wait a little ?

That purely my opinion
    08-04-13 09:29 PM
    OMG. You all are awesome. I'm not used to getting replies so quickly. True Blood is on, so I will get back to you amazing people right after it's done. I'm a dork, I know. LOL
    We reply so quickly cause we (Z10 / Q10 / Q5 ) users have the best keyboards in the world. Wait until BBM goes cross-platform, android / iphone users getting quick replies. ;-)
    Anyway, good luck with your choice, be it the S4 or whatever else suits your needs.

CB10 - Q10
    08-04-13 09:58 PM
    "I have a z10, and recently a Q10. Both are useless to me, which infuriates me to NO end."

I took this to mean that you already had the phones.

I used the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and it didn't suit me, mostly because I can't type on a physical keyboard on a phone that well and the way that it handled my work email using BIS. If the BlackBerry Bold 9930 suits you, I think that we have different sets of needs and wants. I don't have other reasons than the ones in my first post as to why I wouldn't recommend the S4 to you. What attracts you to the S4 and Android, other than the price and immediate availability? This would give me more to go on in a recommendation.
    08-04-13 10:00 PM
    Sprint never started supporting BB10 to begin with. That's the issue. But what you're telling me is that basically the S4 isn't a good long term device?
    Based on our family's experience, we have had not had much luck with long term usage of our Samsung devices. So much so that we avoided Samsung made appliances when we updated our kitchen and needed new laptops. Having said that, I truly understand why people love the Samsung devices for the advances, the neat tricks, and personalization features. And u will probably want something new in two years anyway, so get the S4 if it fits your daily needs.

My husband's Bold 9000, not 9900, finally kicked the bucket last week. BlackBerrys seem to take a beating and that is important when it comes to a device that I heavily rely on for communication in emergency situations especially with being a mom. We have owned lots of BlackBerry devices.

08-04-13 10:08 PM
49 12