my 11 yr old son wants music/songs on his phone (not a smartphone - LG Cosmos touch - no data package) - how/where/can I get music on my BB curve 8530 & send to him (from one "media center" to the other???)
    09-29-11 09:34 AM
    The easiest way to load music on his phone would be to load it directly from your computer onto a media card. I've used Windows Media Player to pull music from my CD's and load them onto my BB, and I've also done this with iTunes. It'd be quite a pain to send music from your BB to his device, and honestly I don't think it'd be possible due to the file sizes.
    09-29-11 09:44 AM
    7 digital has a sweet app on the Blackberry Phones. You can cloud store and download to 4 devices. Really nice app. You have been able to do this with the Blackberry for years now.

7 Digital works on the Blackberry's and the Playbook as well. You would not have to buy a song multiple times.

If you already have music on your phone you could just hook up to the Blackberry desktop manager and have it sync WiFi for you as well.

Let me know if that takes care of it for you. I'll check again tonight and see if there is anything else I can do to help.

Oooppps. Sorry, I just re-read and saw he does not have a smart phone. Just so you know, if you spend money on texting, you could get a new Torch with ATT for 49.00 and use BBM with him without any texting fee. It may be worth it. The Torch 1 is way better than an LG and it is free. Adding someone to your plan costs 10 bucks or so (but you would need to pay 15 bucks for the internet service) and there is an app called whatsup that uses BB servers to communicate between Blackberry, iPhone, android and Nokia.
    If you don't want him to get a smart phone yet then hooking up to your PC and downloading an MP3 may be the way to go.

P.S. As a dad I will tell you that with the Wikipedia and other apps you could actually track and find your kid at a large gathering but both of you would need OS7 phones.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 09-29-11 at 10:22 AM.
    09-29-11 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD