Hello... I really hope that someone can help me out here... yesterday I attempted to update the software on my 8310 curve. Halfway through, it stopped, and said that it couldn't finish the update. NOW, the LED is blinking but my phone wont turn on and wont do anything. I've tried connecting it to my laptop to re-load the applications, but it's not connecting, I dont see the RIM Handheld driver in Device manager, and I suppose it's just not connecting. Does anyone know what I should do? HELP ME PLEASE!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!
    04-07-09 10:44 AM
    Check out this thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

I had this happen to me 2 weeks ago and nothing worked. Eventually I just left the berry alone for a week, tried one more time and the computer finally recognized it.

Good luck.
    04-07-09 10:50 AM
    THANKS! See... my problem is that the laptop just wont recognize my bby. I've tried different cords and everything... you know I feel useless without my blackberry! (Sick I know!)
    04-07-09 11:42 AM
    If I understand correctly, you were attempting to upgrade using a webpage link provided by your carrier. That is the preferred way of doing your upgrade.

The process is reliable, but you have experienced the worst case scenario, a failed upgrade and a dead BlackBerry.

At this point, you are stuck because you are missing a key piece of software, your device OS package.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

Follow the links to AT&T and download the most current version for your model.

Install this software on your PC computer and try it again.
    04-07-09 12:10 PM
    This sucks BIG TIME! Thanks for your help... anything you can offer will be GREAT!
    04-07-09 12:13 PM
    Yeah... I've done this a few times... I've uninstalled, and re-installed... it's just not connecting my blackberry to the computer... The LED is blinking though, it's just not doing anything else. How about the USB Driver? When I install the software, it only shows the Port under Device Manager, and not the USB drivers...
    04-07-09 01:17 PM
    or you can always pull the battery out from the back and start over again that usually fixes all sorts of problems if you ask me
    05-22-09 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD