I have a bb pearl and as of yesterday, my bb has slowed tremendously. even writing a text or email is a pain, due to the hour glass popping up every 5 secs. Any advice????
    05-24-08 02:30 PM
    Have yo pulled the battery with the power on or tried freeeing up some space on you device? Welcome to CB.
    05-24-08 02:34 PM
    Put her in a retirement home and get a curve-lol-just messin see above post that should do it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-08 02:36 PM
    Thanks Bro, It worked. Newbie Here!!!!
    Kehlerpa, You're Right!!!!!
    05-24-08 02:44 PM
    Spanko, I will help you get started out with your 8130. Here's the skinny: First of all you need a media card to store pictures, ringtones, wallpapers, videos,etc. If you do not have a media card, things like pictures and wallpaper will be stored on your 'Device Memory', which is a no no because it will affect the performance of your Berry. You will notice your call logs, SMS, amd e-mails will start deleting. This is the first sign of low memory or memory leakage. Second, go to media and delete the BlackBerry sample video. This takes up alot of space on your device memory. Then, go to media again and hit the menu button(button directly to the left of your trackball) and select options, scroll down to reserved picture memory and set to zero. This will give you a free 2mg. added to your device memory. Delete any pictures on device memory that you may have taken. Unless you know you have them on your media card. Now go to options(little wrench icon) and select advanced options, and click on applications. Delete Russian and Semetic languages and any other application you feel you will not use. I deleted password keeper, tasks, etc. This should get you started on freeing up your device memory. You can also use your Desktop Manager to delete factory wallpapers and themes as well. The 8130 from out of the box has low memory due to the fact the carriers preload them useless things you don't need. Use the search tool on this site and it will help you out immensely. if you can't find it in search, then ask away. Welcome to CB!
    05-24-08 03:11 PM
    That was quite the mouthfull SD.

Managing your memory is tricky, but with a little effort you can have complete control over the Pearl.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    05-24-08 04:15 PM
    I agree Stoner. It took a little bit of research and tooling around with my Pearl to get her running Tip Top. I virtually have no more issues with her...
    05-24-08 04:19 PM
    You can also use your Desktop Manager to delete factory wallpapers and themes as well. The 8130 from out of the box has low memory due to the fact the carriers preload them useless things you don't need. Use the search tool on this site and it will help you out immensely. if you can't find it in search, then ask away. Welcome to CB!
    I am a newbie as well and found this thread while searching for information on deleting preloaded options. How do I delete the wallpapers using the Desktop Manager? I have searched for it with no luck. Also, is there a way I can delete some of the preloaded ringtones? Thanks!
    07-28-08 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD