I have owned a storm for two weeks. And I think I hate the touch screen. I prefer qwerty and trackball. I think I want to "downgrade" to the curve.

here is my question
    I signed a 1 year contract so its not too bad to just hang on to the storm for a year.

or do I own the curve for a year, then get the niagara if out by 5/2010

is the curve too outdated (no 3g) ??

your thoughts???
    03-27-09 08:09 PM
    Are you out of your 30 day worry free guarantee? If you are within the 30 days, you can exchange the Storm for the Curve and only pay a $35 restocking fee on the Storm.

Also, the Curve is 3g! I hate the AT&T advertising, they make it sound like they have the only 3g network...

EvDO is Verizon's 3g service, and the Curve has it.
    03-27-09 08:17 PM
    yea I bought brand new from VZW two weeks ago. so I should be good.

It just seems expensive $199 for the bad os it has even with the leaks.

and In my opinion the curve seems more "durable"

but I need other opinions

then again its only a year......
    03-27-09 08:19 PM
    I e my Curve ! And think everyone should get a Curve ! Lol (or any BB for that matter)
    But if you're not digging the Storm then get the Curve !
    2010 is toooo long. I wouldn't wait. Lol
    if I were you and not digging the TS then I would get a Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 08:20 PM
    First of all, I personally resent that you call the Curve a "downgrade", and I think RIM wouldn't be too happy either. I don't believe you meant it to be an insult, but your language is hurtful. And, as was pointed out, the Curve does have 3G.

On a more serious note, I'll stop pretending that I have feelings that can be hurt....

I tried the Storm for a couple weeks and hated the touchscreen keyboard, among other things that I hated about it. It's up to you whether or not you can make it a year with a Storm, I couldn't go past 15 days with that POS. But no one here can tell you what you can put up with. I also am excited for the Curve. If for no other reason than I'm sick of being in a Starbucks and seeing 50% of the people all having the EXACT model Curve I have. Now it's popular and I don't want it anymore.
    03-27-09 08:21 PM
    Also, the Niagara may or may not be released in May. It could very well be delayed.
    03-27-09 08:21 PM
    I know how you feel about the storm, but at least you made it longer then i did. I had it for 3 days before i took it back. Really happy with my 8900 even if it don't have 3g. I have found if i really need speed for pages, or viewing non mobile web pages i just use wifi, or wifi on my notebook. EDGE is plenty fast for 95% of pages.
    03-27-09 11:59 PM
    The Curve is nowhere outdated. Like it's previously posted EvDO is a 3G speed, so your golden there. Plus, with 4.5 on the curve, it can achieve all the necessary functions that 99% of people use their Storm for daily (HTML e-mail, networking sites, IM, uploading pics/video, etc.). If you decide to get the Curve, make sure it has 4.5 (if not it's easy to upgrade) and you will have an ultra solid device that will serve you well for years to come. On this site, I always hear people RAVING about the functionality and reliability of the 8700 series, and in my eyes, the Curve is the evolution of that line. It's a fantastic device, and whenever US Cellular gets a newer model BB (like the 8900) I will be hard pressed to give up my trusty Curve.

03-28-09 12:34 AM
    I wouldnt call it "downgrading" to the curve. More of a lateral move. I know the storm has some flashy things to it and I am not trying to sell it short. It is an amazing phone, but not for everyone (including me). I had the 8330 before my Jav and I loved it. I could still do a number of things on it and it always responded. Go for it! You wont be dissapointed.
    03-28-09 09:42 AM

I also am excited for the Curve. If for no other reason than I'm sick of being in a Starbucks and seeing 50% of the people all having the EXACT model Curve I have. Now it's popular and I don't want it anymore.
    This doesn't make sense to me, why would you be excited for it if you don't want ti anymore. And who cares if everyone else has it, if you really like it why does anyone else's phone matter.
    03-28-09 10:05 AM
    I love my curve. Its reliable and does what I want it too.

As far as it looking like other phones....bb's offer tons of options for customization from colorware, skins, housing, etc.

03-28-09 10:19 AM
    Earlier in this thread it was posted that the curve is 3G, are we speaking of the 83XX series or the 8900 series?
    Not disagreeing with anyones assesment, I was unaware of any 83XX series being manufactured with 3G chipsets and my wife is using the 8900 and it is definitely not 3G

Last edited by chefmfortner; 03-28-09 at 10:25 AM.
    03-28-09 10:21 AM
    I think you should stick with the storm, but I love mine so I'm biased. Some people like it, some hate it. My dad really likes his curve though, so if you're a trackball person don't put up with a touchscreen for a year.
    03-28-09 10:30 AM
    Earlier in this thread it was posted that the curve is 3G, are we speaking of the 83XX series or the 8900 series?
    Not disagreeing with anyones assesment, I was unaware of any 83XX series being manufactured with 3G chipsets and my wife is using the 8900 and it is definitely not 3G

The 8330 on Verizon uses the EvDO, which is a 3G network. The 8900 does not have access to that.

OP, I think you would be really pleased with a Curve. They are really solid devices and I loved mine 'til the day I got my Bold.
    03-28-09 10:33 AM
    I have a storm and love it, but if you can't make your peace with it by all means take it back. If it hasn't grown on you by now, it probably won't. This phone isn't for everybody, and if the curve fits you better, then it's not a downgrade in my opinion.
    03-28-09 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD