Heya Guys,

Found this forum about a week ago and I am so glad it seems a great resource. Seems like there is a great crowd here and i hope to become an active member with a blackberry.

I have wanted a blackberry for about 2 years now, but previously my contract has not really allowed it, but I am finally willing to upgrade to be able to get one. So first thing to say is that I am in the UK, although I travel quite a bit. I will be using the blackberry mainy for business.

What this post is really about is to say hi but also to ask for advise on what phone to get. The phones we can get in the UK seem to be very old and dissapointing, I have read the reviews for the tour and the onyx and both definetly push my buttons.

So the first issue is being in the UK it seems that BBs are much slower to arive here. The options I have here are really the Bold and the Storm. I am currently on Orange so really that cuts out the Storm especially as I am very happy with Orange at the moment. My contract with them runs out mid September but they have a decent thing where you can upgrade the phone 2 months early.

I was wondering if the Tour or the Onyx are going to be brought out into the UK anytime soon (whithin next 2-3 months) or whether I may as well just get the bold now? I have read almost everywhere and just cant find a UK date it seems that in the US the Onyx is going to come out in between Semtember and November. Just wondering if thats going to be the same as the UK? The US even have the Tour but we dont here So a lot of rambling on there, but i'd appreciate any thoughts
    07-19-09 11:26 AM
    How about the 8900? It's a great device.
    07-19-09 12:02 PM
    How about the 8900? It's a great device.
    I heard that Orange are pulling support for it here in the UK... not sure why. Read that on these forums somewhere :s
    07-19-09 12:12 PM
    Orange told me they will not be restocking with the 8900 also.
    Personally I would hold out for the new generation, even if its an extra month or so.
    No point getting the outgoing models, you will only regret it.

I am in the UK and on Orange too, and personally cant wait for the new range to arrive on our shores. I will be saving an upgrade for one
    07-19-09 12:14 PM
    I know but lack of information on a release date is killing me lol
    07-19-09 12:16 PM
    honestly the 8900 is not that outdated! It just came out like 3 months ago? You can probably get one on ebay for about $350-400 and should last you for the next year or two.

If you have the patient I suppose you can wait for the Gemini or the Onyx. But if you want now you can't go wrong with the 8900.
    07-19-09 12:53 PM
    or you can always go for the bold. i have had it for about 3months now and really a great device
    07-19-09 12:55 PM
    Bold... even if they come out with the Onyx it won't be a HUGE difference between the Bold and the Onyx. Or you could just wait for the Onyx.
    07-19-09 01:26 PM
    As others have said, the Bold is a good solid device that is tried and true. If your ready to make the change now, that would be the way I'd go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 01:32 PM
    Hi, UK user on Orange here. Can't give you any advice as I'm using a Curve 8320! Just wanted to say hi and welcome to Crackberry, once you get your BB you'll never look back.

There are lots of UK users that use the forums so you'll ge lots of good advice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 01:49 PM
    Yeah im looking forward to it just dont want to regret the phone :-P
    07-19-09 02:20 PM
    yes Bold is definately a solid device, if 3G is not a big issue to you I would hold off on the Bold just because of its form factor. Its been almost a year since the Bold is out and with Onyx (3G device) possibily around the corner, I would definately wait for the Onyx.

The Bold is so huge now compare to the new berrys lately, especially with the miniUSB it make it seems like you are carrying a 8700 now when everyone is having those slim berrys (8900, 9630, storm etc.)

If you want to wait for Onyx maybe you can spend $100-200ish to buy a used 8310 to get a feel for Blackberry and then buy the Onyx when its out.
    07-19-09 03:37 PM
    So oes anyone know the expected release date of the onyx or if it will include wifi?
    07-19-09 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD