09-07-09 09:50 PM
41 12
tools
    Well sucks it caused you to miss meeting.At least it didn't cause you to get in trouble with the boss since you are your boss sounds like.That's no way I could trust the alarm clock on my phone to wake me up its just not close to being loud enuf but that is true with any alarm clock that's on a mobile phone not just BB's

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 11:54 AM
    This is precisely why I don't rely on my blackberry as an alarm. I have a very loud alarm clock on the night stand and it has a battery back up that will wake the dead. I've sat straight up before because that SOB is so loud lol. My wife hates the thing but it has served me well and I don't have to reset it every night as long as the switch is set to on. It has snooze and alarm reset.
    09-07-09 12:05 PM
    I going to start using bbsmart alarm pro, and a manual alarm 15 min after incase.

and for plugging it in...I have to each day at night anyways :P

09-07-09 01:30 PM
    bb alarm + backup annoying alarm ftw
    09-07-09 02:01 PM
    That's happened to me due to two apps:

• BeeJiveIM
    • TweetGenius

Not at the same time, but a few times it was BeeJive that killed my battery and a few, it was TG.
    09-07-09 02:40 PM
    If you would have put it in Bedside Mode you wouldn't have use hardly any of your battery no matter what background applications were trying to run.

I have never charged mine at night and I always have plenty of charge left in the morning.
    Last edited by sdmcwilliams; 09-07-09 at 03:56 PM.
    09-07-09 03:46 PM
    ouch that sucks
    09-07-09 03:49 PM
    yikes! that sucks, hope your still employed.
    09-07-09 05:39 PM
    Just grab a charging pod if you intend to use it as an alarm, and always have a back-up alarm, because, I don't know about you, but I could sleep through a nuclear war
    09-07-09 05:52 PM
    I use my phone as my alarm because I am real anal about alarm clocks. I feel
    like there will be a small power outage overnight and it will make my alarm
    clock reset. So my phone wakes me up just fine except that I would never
    go to sleep without leaving it charging. Even when I get home from a long
    night of drinking I still remember too.
    09-07-09 05:54 PM
    If I had somewhere important to be I would have set my BB's alarm as well as my alarm clock...I always try to have a back up when necessary

09-07-09 06:12 PM
    always plug! LOL
    09-07-09 06:43 PM
    I only use my blackberry alarm. The only time it failed me was: when I have a calender apt reminder before my alarm is set to chime. If I don't acknowledge the calender reminder or dismiss it, the alarm doesn't charge.

09-07-09 06:51 PM
    I never use my phone as my primary alarm, only as a back-up.

BUT something similar happened to me about a month ago. I was at my bf's and I didn't plug my phone in before I went to sleep. The last time I used my phone was around 3. I woke up around 9 and it was DEAD. It had turned the signal off and would not do anything useful until I had charged it for a while.

I thought my bf was playing with it but maybe our berries were haunted! :x
    09-07-09 09:33 PM
    i'm sure you had some apps running in the background!
    09-07-09 09:41 PM
    man it sounds so familiar . mostly cause i am always up late and it is really hard to say for sure if every ap is closed . thank god for clients with a sense or humor
    09-07-09 09:50 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD