On my torch I could still use the sure type keyboard on portrait and full on landscape I which that I still could even though I like this keyboard on my Z10

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 03:53 PM
    The virtual keyboard on this Z10 is like no other! You will learn to love it!
    03-24-14 05:40 PM
    The virtual keyboard on this Z10 is like no other! You will learn to love it!
    I love it but sometimes I still miss it

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 06:59 PM
    On my torch I could still use the sure type keyboard on portrait and full on landscape I which that I still could even though I like this keyboard on my Z10

Posted via CB10
    I understand where you are coming from. I know many in the CrackBerry community will disagree, but the Storm and Storm 2 are still of my favorite devices. One of the reasons I liked them was the SureType in portrait mode.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    03-24-14 10:38 PM
    I hear ya! SureType was one of those things where if you took your time to master it, you could absolutely fly when using it. Loved it when I had the 8130, and found it great for one handed use when I had the 9800.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    03-24-14 11:25 PM
    I would love to use the full qwerty in landscape and a suretype keyboard in portrait. The HTC keyboard used to be able to do that and I loved it.
    03-24-14 11:38 PM
    I would like to use my Q10 keyboard in landscape too *chuckle*

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 06:32 AM
    Guys sorry for asking this stupid question. But how does this suretype work?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 07:12 AM
    I understand where you are coming from. I know many in the CrackBerry community will disagree, but the Storm and Storm 2 are still of my favorite devices. One of the reasons I liked them was the SureType in portrait mode.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    People who have actually used it know how good it is. Portrait sure type and landscape full qwerty. I really wish they brought that to bb10

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 03:44 PM
    suretype is absolutely fantastic once you get good with it.
    03-27-14 07:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Basically it's a compressed QWERTY keyboard. It's got 2 letters per key. You're suppose to just type on it like you would a full QWERTY keyboard, and the word prediction software would spell out the right word for you. It works surprisingly well.
    Doggerz likes this.
    03-27-14 08:02 PM
    My first BlackBerry was a Pearl 8100 with the physical sure type keyboard. For the first year I had it, I used the multi-tap mode - 1 tap for the first letter of the key and 2 quick taps for the second letter. I got pretty good at it, but it was always just a bit slow because I had to give it a deliberate pause if the next letter was on the same key. After that first year, I decided to try the sure-type method. I had to learn to ignore the suggested words and let it figure it after typing. After a few days, I got the hang of it and became much quicker. After typing a long message, I did have to proof read and make a few corrections, but it was never that bad.

When I upgraded to the Torch 9800, the option was there to use the virtual keyboard in full qwerty or sure-type. I used sure-type from the start.

I did switch it to the full qwerty for the last few months I had it prior to getting this Z10, just to get used to a full keyboard since I knew there would be no sure-type option anymore.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 09:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is the SureType keyboard on my old Storm 2

I miss the virtual sure type keyboard-img_20140327_220608_edit1.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 10:08 PM
    And this is the hardware sure-type keyboard I learned on first.
    I miss the virtual sure type keyboard-bb8100.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 08:37 AM
    It was awesome I didn't have to think too much unlike the new keyboard I just typed not working where my fingers laid. Cause I knew that a 2to 1 button ratio will help in the prediction

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 08:39 AM
    The suretype worked very well. it was a keyboard that I'll always remember as being the eccentric but gets the job perfectly done. But the kicker to that was that piezoelectric buzzers. It was a fun thing to just type something, like how typing in a z10/z30 is for me (very fun for a virtual keyboard).
    03-28-14 08:40 AM