I have had Palms for a decade and just made the jump to a BB 8330. While I miss the touchscreen of the Palm and the immediacy of its software, there are many pluses to the BB programs which make for this loss (not to mention the BB's email capabilities!)

However, one thing I miss is the Palm desktop where I would have duplicate of all my PDA's info at my computer when I am in my office.

Is there any similar application for the BB ?
    05-06-09 09:52 AM
    I have had Palms for a decade and just made the jump to a BB 8330. While I miss the touchscreen of the Palm and the immediacy of its software, there are many pluses to the BB programs which make for this loss (not to mention the BB's email capabilities!)

However, one thing I miss is the Palm desktop where I would have duplicate of all my PDA's info at my computer when I am in my office.

Is there any similar application for the BB ?
    If you are asking for a duplicate of your contacts, calendar events, memos, app, etc, this can be done with the desktop manager. For the contacts, calendar events and memos, you can sync with outlook. For the apps and system information, you can do a manual backup or have it do an automatic backup when you install a new or existing OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD