Ok so as of right now my girlfriend has a palm centro through sprint. But im pretty sure that i may have just talked her into getting a blackberry. She is used to a full keyboard so im pretty sure she may want to get a curve. But i think she would like the pearl too.

Heres my question, since i bought my curve through tmo i didnt have to unlock anything. How exactly does this unlocking thing work? Could she just buy a new bb off ebay and then unlock it so it works through sprint? Im not sure exactly how that would work for her, because she is still under contract with her centro. What steps can my baby take to get herself a fresh new BB?
    07-16-08 03:23 PM
    You can't "unlock" one with Sprint, VZW, or Alltel - only TMO and AT&T. Not sure how to get a Curve w/o paying full price on Sprint.
    07-16-08 03:26 PM
    So lets say she cancels her account with sprint and goes tmo. Can she really save all that much money unlocking one as opposed to starting a new contract?
    07-16-08 03:30 PM
    So lets say she cancels her account with sprint and goes tmo. Can she really save all that much money unlocking one as opposed to starting a new contract?
    Since shes still under contract if she terms her account she will have to pay an early term fee.....which is quite expensive. So paying full price vs. Early Terming and going with another provider will probably net the same financial outcome.
    07-16-08 03:38 PM
    You can buy one off ebay that can be used with a sprint network,
    search for sprint blackberry curve...many sellers..this is how i bought mine.
    It was like 350 with shipping brand new with no contract. Might be better deals now that sprint has dropped the price.
    07-16-08 03:38 PM
    You can just but one that is through Sprint on ebay. No prob! About $300.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-08 03:39 PM
    No!! With new contract you can get a Pale Gold Curve (8320) from TMo for $99. You can get a Pearl 8100 for $99, Titanium Curve (8320) for $149 and Pearl 8120 for $149!!

Getting an unlocked TMo (or any GSM) Curve from eBay (or the likes) would be waaay more expensive than getting one for a new contract price!! Also, Sprint Curves are brand new and just came out not too long ago... getting one online would be waaaay expensive. A Sprint Curve on a new plan in $149 as well... they just lowered prices!

Go for a Curve on contract... forget unlocking and paying retail price!! Can she cancel her Sprint contract and what is her cancellation fee?
    07-16-08 03:40 PM
    sprint cancellation fee is $200, she might as well just call to see if she is eligible for an upgrade............or some discount.......if not ebay $350 should get you a sprint BB
    07-16-08 03:42 PM
    You can buy one off ebay that can be used with a sprint network,
    search for sprint blackberry curve...many sellers..this is how i bought mine.
    It was like 350 with shipping brand new with no contract. Might be better deals now that sprint has dropped the price.
    Probably cheaper to pay the cancel fee and start fresh - curve is like 99 bucks now with at&t
    07-16-08 07:02 PM
    she should just get a new one but not with sprint..tmo att or vzw are better choices
    07-17-08 08:28 PM
    Hopefully they will give her some kind of discount at Sprint. That would be her best bet since Sprint does not use SIM cards like AT&T & TMO.
    07-17-08 08:31 PM
    Its about time you converted her Shory. Check craigsl list for sprint berrys. GL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 08:50 PM
    Ahh sprint doesn't do anything if you don't pay the early termination fee. Just leave them and use t-mobile
    07-17-08 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD