I really hope that this is the end of the saga for you OP.

Interesting ractions to this thread. I actually thought that most people were trying to be helpful. Those that weren't seemed to be in a distinct minority. And it was one of those threads where the original poster didn't just blast away and then disappear. The OP stayed with us and let us know what was going on with the issue. Hard to think that his/her concerns and frustrations weren't truly felt and the problem experienced.

I think that is the way most of these threads should work. Exchanging views and seeking advice/help should gender a positive vibe. The more of that spirit the better. That's not to say some folks aren't happy with BlackBerry and some folks need to vent. But it strikes me that it is better to go through life thinking there are no problems just solutions. And finding those solutions is a much better goal than seeing only the problems.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 02:18 AM
    I will let you know...supposed to hear back from Rogers tomorrow. BlackBerry started a ticket, but I was going to have to pay $49? in order to start tech support for my product "out of warranty". Can you believe it...?
    07-14-13 07:15 AM
    I will let you know...supposed to hear back from Rogers tomorrow. BlackBerry started a ticket, but I was going to have to pay $49? in order to start tech support for my product "out of warranty". Can you believe it...?
    Yes. Which is why I'm typing this from an iPhone 5.
    sallenthornton likes this.
    07-14-13 11:27 AM
    Update: Rogers will NOT fix the phone!! The CS manager didn't even have the decency to call back.
    Is there anyone from BlackBerry that reads these? Please help....or don't you give a sh!t either?
    The phone is brand new fer christsakes!
    07-16-13 06:29 PM
    Update: Rogers will NOT fix the phone!! The CS manager didn't even have the decency to call back.
    Is there anyone from BlackBerry that reads these? Please help....or don't you give a sh!t either?
    The phone is brand new fer christsakes!
    That stinks. Maybe try reaching out them on FB or Twitter, explain nicely what happened? Sometimes the team that does social media customer service has a little more leeway.
    07-16-13 07:17 PM
    Good, I have two friends who ditched their Iphones for a Z10 when they saw me with one, and they soooo love it. , and no problem with them (with the official soft v 10.1).

BB Z10 rocks.
    07-16-13 07:41 PM
    Good, I have two friends who ditched their Iphones for a Z10 when they saw me with one, and they soooo love it. , and no problem with them (with the official soft v 10.1).

BB Z10 rocks.
    So let me understand this. You are saying good to the fact that this poor guy is getting the run around from both BB and Rogers?

Class act, you are.

FYI. Mine worked without problem too, on official OS for months. And when it went bad, it went really bad, and I got the same treatment. Here's hoping your friends kept their iPhones.

Just in case.
    07-16-13 08:32 PM
    I purchased a carrier free Q10 and it started to not recognizing any micro sim card when it was three weeks old.
    The shop only gave two weeks to give it back, so it was sent to repair. Three days later they called me to go to the shop to be given a new device. "BlackBerry strategy is to exchange it ", I was told..
    Happy with BlackBerry service so far

Posted via my z10 - BBM channel pin C000F331C
    07-17-13 01:52 AM
    Not bs. really wish it was...i'm out $$ why is negative news not allowed here?
    Why not simply ask for help to unbrick? Really???
    07-17-13 01:57 AM
    It's not just bricked...it's dead...I've tried everything, believe me...tech support and all the forums...i'm not that much of a newb...i'm here aren't i?

I'm going to try BlackBerry CS one more time and try to speak with someone in waterloo as was suggested by a previous poster.... I'll post results...not holding my breath... next I'm going to mail it to Thorsten Heins..why not, I'm sure he can get it fixed and give it to his kid
    07-17-13 05:58 AM

.....why do I have a hard time believing this thread

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    always has to be one
    07-17-13 11:27 AM
    This is hopefully the final post. After countless hours on the telephone Rogers refused to have anything to do with the phone. BlackBerry, however, has stepped up and will warranty my phone. I have a RMA number and they are sending a prepaid shipping box. Should be done in about two weeks total.
    My faith in BlackBerry is restored.
    m1a1mg and bp3dots like this.
    07-18-13 05:48 PM
    I have a Dev Alpha B that is bricked the same way the op is describing. Kind of curious if Kris or anyone else knows anything new to try.

Dev Alpha B just died one day. Completely dead. Plugging it into a PlayBook charger does nothing. No Red LED, no LED at all. Plugging it into the PC is the same. No LED activity at all and the PC does not detect the device.

I've left it plugged in for hours on end. I've tried the holding down on combinations of buttons. It just doesn't come on.

The Dev Alpha never got wet. It was running a developer build when it died and I nothing strange happened to it. Just went to use it and it was dead.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, though I'm sure it is past saving cause I don't think there is anything left to try.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    07-18-13 06:51 PM
    This is hopefully the final post. After countless hours on the telephone Rogers refused to have anything to do with the phone. BlackBerry, however, has stepped up and will warranty my phone. I have a RMA number and they are sending a prepaid shipping box. Should be done in about two weeks total.
    My faith in BlackBerry is restored.
    Thats good. I think it was always going to have to be BB that took care of it, just because the odd circumstance of how you got it wasn't in Rogers policy. Way to go BB!
    07-18-13 09:16 PM
    Wow. I love Crackberry but a lot of you guys are unbelievable! Take it easy on the crackberry juice for awhile, some of you guys are nuts

I loved my z10...but-5f32a35c9apeople1.jpg1.jpg

Posted via Z10 and CB10 on Rogers
    07-18-13 09:44 PM
    Indeed, BlackBerry definitely would repair it if only 3 weeks old, they are required by warranty laws. Something is not right here or OP is not contacting the correct BlackBerry support lines.

Ok, just read it is fixed or will be replaced, like it should.

CB10 - Q10
    07-18-13 10:01 PM
91 ... 234