The trend is changing, I think everyone knows this. People are starting to buy into Androids, and the iPhone craze is just getting bigger and bigger.

I have a BlackBerry Bold 9780, had a BlackBerry Curve 8520 before and always have been loyal to BlackBerry mainly because of BBM and the QWERTY keyboard which is second to none. But every week, I get a broadcast from a BBM contact saying they have jumped shipped, to the point where maybe twenty to twenty-five have dropped since the summer alone.

Apart the fact that I just find there are better apps out there for other phone platforms, like Instagram for instance, and that is just to name one. Then you have other things like emoji; I know it sounds so trivial and childish, but seeing black boxes all over Twitter gets annoying after a year.

So my question is, is there anything really to look forward to in owning a BlackBerry still ? It just seems that my love for it has dwindled now that I find everyone else switching. To be honest, if it were not for a few BBM contacts and the keyboard, I would have jumped ship by now.

Anyone else feel the same ?

Biggest bonus of BlackBerry is the dancing face: . Lol I love that.

Cheers.
    10-24-12 07:46 PM
    Well if you been keeping up with BB10 you would know that it pretty much addresses most of the problems people are having with the old OS.
    apps will come to BB10...they def wont all be there at launch but the tools that are being given out to developers are making it so much easier to develop the apps.

Ive thought about changing but the more i see BB10 the more i cant wait to get my hands on it.
    10-24-12 08:02 PM
    I'm excited about BB10 but with RIM's track record it will be full of bugs and have terrible reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-24-12 08:10 PM
    I think it depends on whether or not your BB accomplishes what you need it to? A lot of my friends have switched over, but it doesn't dissuade my willingness to own a BB. Regardless of what others may choose, I have no doubt that my 9900 is one heck of an efficient communicator. I look at the communique that I receive from my iPhone and Android buddies and 90 percent of it is completely sub par.

For my buddies who like to IM and are no longer on BBM...I use Hookt Messenger with them right from my 9900 and all is good. When it comes to voice, e-mail, IM, SMS, etc...I still feel that my 9900 is second to none and I personally don't feel app deprived as I have the apps that suit my needs and purposes.

Obviously, it's your call, but I would hope that it's more than peer pressure that is making your decision for you? If you've got to go in order to find the function that you need...well, then you've got to go.

I'm happy right where I sit - cheers.

Sent via BlackBerry 9900 4G
    Wino Ryder likes this.
    10-24-12 08:13 PM
    I love my BlackBerry. It does everything I need it to. But I might switch because my numbskull friend says it's a piece of crap that won't be around much longer. Or I might just keep it and slam his head under a toilet seat lid instead. Because I'm just silly like that.

Seriously, whatever everybody else is using doesn't matter a whit to me. It doesn't change how I use my phone or what phone addresses my needs best. You want to run with the crowd and do what everyone else is doing just because everyone else is doing it, or do you want to do what's best for you?
    esk369 likes this.
    10-24-12 08:46 PM
    Be a leader and not a follower
    esk369 likes this.
    10-24-12 09:33 PM
    Or I might just keep it and slam his head under a toilet seat lid instead. Because I'm just silly like that.
    Lol. Nice.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    esk369 likes this.
    10-24-12 09:37 PM
    Get what you want. If you've got nothing tying you to Blackberry right now, there's nothing stopping you from trying something new. BB10 might be a hit, but there's nothing stopping you from switching back again. You could probably buy an iPhone and sell it in 6 months for very little loss if you decide to switch again. Think of it like a cheap rental.
    esk369 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    10-24-12 09:41 PM
    I love my BlackBerry. It does everything I need it to. But I might switch because my numbskull friend says it's a piece of crap that won't be around much longer. Or I might just keep it and slam his head under a toilet seat lid instead. Because I'm just silly like that.

Seriously, whatever everybody else is using doesn't matter a whit to me. It doesn't change how I use my phone or what phone addresses my needs best. You want to run with the crowd and do what everyone else is doing just because everyone else is doing it, or do you want to do what's best for you?
    I'm just sayin the title says it all go be happy and fruitful with your new platform.
    I want to give you a thanks on that but my thanks button ran away from home today so thanks:-D
    Maybe a little more intensity then I was thinkin but I definitely appreciate the thoughts.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    10-24-12 09:58 PM
    Be a leader and not a follower
    Agreed in life regardless of what platform and manufacturer you use.
    That being said I got to question op's motivation for this thread maybe better off in the leaving for other platform thread imo.
    10-24-12 10:09 PM
    Lol. Nice.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    That was my favorite part as well lmao
    10-24-12 10:10 PM
    I just got the 5th generation iPod touch today. I had the 4th. I also just got a white Bold 9900 about a month ago, because I loved my black one so much.

The new iPod touch is great. It has all the "fun" of an iPhone, but I can't tell you how quickly I put it down when I need to text or email someone, or even look something up on the web, or Poynt, and of course BlackBerry Traffic. I enjoy having a separate device for music, I don't like to wear down my BlackBerry battery. If I were you, I'd get an iPod touch if you want to feel like you're in on the App thing, and hold onto your upgrade for a BlackBerry10 device, since they look to be legitimate alternatives to the iPhone and Androids.
    10-24-12 10:23 PM
    I was on the verge of getting an Iphone 5 on Sunday but all the stores were sold out of them. I talked myself out of getting one yesterday because I really hate the UI of the Iphone. Problem is and I think Kevin may know this, my carrier MTS only has Blackberries and Iphones, no wp7/8 or gs3, if they did, I would of got one of those, instead I am going to have to wait for BB10. I could switch providers but MTS has the best bundles. Don't get me wrong, I am excited for BB10, I just don't want to wait.
    10-24-12 10:29 PM
    I'm thinking of buying the Galaxy Nexus with Jelly Bean OS. It's a GSM phone so I can switch back and forth with my Curve 9360. I never tried an Android phone before so I figure this would be the cheapest and safest way to test the Android waters. My biggest fear is spending an enormous amount of money and finding out I don't like Android (or touch screen in my case) at all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    10-24-12 10:44 PM
    I'm thinking of buying the Galaxy Nexus with Jelly Bean OS. It's a GSM phone so I can switch back and forth with my Curve 9360. I never tried an Android phone before so I figure this would be the cheapest and safest way to test the Android waters. My biggest fear is spending an enormous amount of money and finding out I don't like Android (or touch screen in my case) at all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    Go for it... But you might want to wait a couple of weeks, cause there's probably a new Nexus coming.
    Most stores have a two week return policy (Hey, that's where your refurbished phones come from!) if I were you, I'd get the (new) Nexus, and try it out for ten days or so. If you don't like it, you can just return it. You can get a Blackberry eh theme for it (BB icons and wallpapers) if that'll make it feel more familiar.

As for the OP: BB10 is going to be a 1.0 product. It might be really good, but it'll also have some issues and problems just because of the fact that it's a 1.0 product.
    (All first editions have their share of issues. All.)

So what I would do if I was in your shoes, would be to go out and get myself an iPhone. Why? Android phones lose their value really quick, iPhones don't.
    Go out and use it for a year or so, and by this time next year, hopefully BB10 will be over its teething issues, and you'll know more or less if its something for you or not. Then you can sell the iPhone at a 50 or 100$ loss or thereabouts, get a BB10 phone, and get right back into the Blackberry ecosystem, without having suffered all the initial issues the early adopters had. And you'll know a lot more about what it has that attracts you, without jumping in blind.
    10-24-12 11:08 PM
    Cool..

"The trend is changing, I think everyone knows this. People are starting to buy into Androids, and the iPhone craze is just getting bigger and bigger."

Sounds like your mind is made up by other people. Stop by here on your way out - http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/
    10-24-12 11:12 PM