I hear what ya mean, i am the same way...
    12-23-08 04:22 PM
    Seeing that everyone pretty much recommends just forwarding the email, now for my really dumb question.... How do i forward my emails that are going onto my outlook to my blackberry.net account. My email account that goes to my outlook is my company mail, so i am using an exchange server.. would some one be so kind and tell me how to do it???
    12-24-08 02:18 AM
    I also get my emails instantly. I get my work emails through MS Outlook and the emails come to my BlackBerry first before it arrives in my inbox. Whenever I send out a test email to one of my 4 personal email accounts (gmail, yahoo, hotmail and msn) the emails arrive almost instantly.
    12-24-08 02:24 AM
    it takes me fifteen minutes to get outlook express and that has been with roadrunner and now embarq on my Bis account. i don't see how anyone can get outlook express instantly if i can't it looks like pop3 would be the same for every one on BIS.
    12-24-08 05:44 AM
    Seeing that everyone pretty much recommends just forwarding the email, now for my really dumb question.... How do i forward my emails that are going onto my outlook to my blackberry.net account. My email account that goes to my outlook is my company mail, so i am using an exchange server.. would some one be so kind and tell me how to do it???
    My workplace uses Exchange servers with Outlook mail clients. As I recall you can go in from your work PC and create message rules. Normally they're for auto-moving mail into folders for easy management, but there is a forward rule you can apply, too. Just set it up so any mail that comes in matches the criteria. They have help files, just do some reading and it should be clear.

A note of warning, though: not all businesses permit this. My own work mail has IT policies in place that forbid users from creating filters, for security reasons. They don't want potentially sensitive mail auto-forwarded willy-nilly; if something leaks out you would have had to do it consciously with a manual forward, and then they have you. Mixing work e-mail with personal devices can be fraught with issues, so I'd look into corporate policy before I did anything like that.
    12-24-08 08:07 AM
    it takes me fifteen minutes to get outlook express and that has been with roadrunner and now embarq on my Bis account. i don't see how anyone can get outlook express instantly if i can't it looks like pop3 would be the same for every one on BIS.
    Outlook Express is just the mail client, just like Thunderbird or the mail app on your BB. It's what kind of account you have on the server that matters; I also have roadrunner and it's just a vanilla POP3 account but you can log into the webmail interface and do all kinds of configuration, including setting up auto-forwarders. That's how I redirected all my roadrunner mail to Gmail as of yesterday, and then set up Gmail as my BIS account. Now my mail is instant. My (or your) mail client (in your case that's Outlook Express) can just be re-configured to get its mail from gmail instead of from roadrunner, and then you can still keep local copies onto your PC like always. You can even set up Outlook Express either to leave the mail on the gmail server after it downloads it, or to delete it as its downloaded, personal preference. I elected to leave it on gmail for an archive I can get to from anywhere.
    12-24-08 08:12 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD