ok so i lost my bb 8900 the javelin which i got less than 3 weeks ago, it had data on it, and unforunatly i did not have a tracking app installed on it, is there anyother way that i could tracj the gps tho???
    01-20-10 06:46 AM
    ok so i lost my bb 8900 the javelin which i got less than 3 weeks ago, it had data on it, and unforunatly i did not have a tracking app installed on it, is there anyother way that i could track the gps tho???
    Hate to hear you lost your phone but as far as I know there would be no way to track it though GPS since you had no type of tracking app installed.If an honest person were to find it would be your best hope unless someone else knows of a way it looks like a "slim chance" at best of getting "that" phone back .

Good luck tho

PS: You tried calling "that" phone just to see if anyone answered it ?
    Last edited by DavidNC; 01-20-10 at 06:57 AM. Reason: PS:added stuff
    01-20-10 06:53 AM
    without a tracking there's no way to track your BB.
    why not lodge a complaint with the police? they might be able to track it with the IMEI number.
    01-20-10 11:37 AM
    Yes give the phone a call, definately worth a try. There are plenty of honest people out there. I was actually able to get a lost "dumb" phone of mine returned back in the day when the honest person called "home" which was listed in my phone. He said, "hey did you, or someone in your family lose your cell?" I was like YES, where can I come and get it.
    01-20-10 11:46 AM
    If your carrier has a family locator service available ti could track it that way. I lost my phone a couple of months ago and I activated this service on my sprint account. Even though my GPS was turned off on the phone it did locate it within a couple hundred feet. Its worth a try.
    01-20-10 01:01 PM
    ok guys lol i obviously called it, its turned off, so assuming the pwerson whos got it not a very nice guy, thanks for all the concerns tho, imma try the family locator service tho
    01-20-10 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD