So I have a Z10 with a ton of data on it. No syncing to outlook/google calendar and I didn't use the cloud. It was all just on the phone. I backed it up periodically. Avoided doing an update since everything was working fine, but when apps started to go buggy, I did a full (wired) backup Monday night, and followed it trying to restore from the backup.

Media files, settings, apps all jumped back on fine... but the calendar is empty. Have tried it several times, from several different backups on two different computers, but calendar is always blank. This is a MAJOR crisis.

Does anyone have any experience on this one? I can't say enough how much I appreciate any help (or sympathy).
    04-20-16 08:50 AM
    How long have you given the device after doing the restore? Some data can take at least an hour to start showing up. Also, were you doing a full or selective backup?
    04-20-16 09:07 AM
    Yes just restart your device and wait a few minutes it will show up.

Send from the power of the force and the  Passport
    04-20-16 09:09 AM
    Firstly, thanks for the replies!

I first restored Monday night, so it's been a while. I started with a full restore, then multiple select (didn't bother with the apps/media that already worked). While it has restarted several times, I didn't do a "turn it off an on again" and will try that now. The IT Crowd guys would be proud.

Nothing yet, but I'll reply again with an update in an hour or so. Hopefully I'll come back to say, "Thanks".
    04-20-16 11:25 AM
    OK, three hours of waiting and the calendar is still empty. The phone is older, so just in case it is slooooow, I'll wait over night and report back in the morning.
    04-20-16 02:27 PM
    Don't rely on Link only.

Get a backup app like Firechest, Ultimate Backup or XBac by Xreve before doing a reload.

It's worth a few bux. :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    04-20-16 04:29 PM
    It's been overnight and no calendar. This is odd because when it was restoring, the progress text slowed down at 54% when it was described the calendar data being moved onto phone. Geez this is the sort of crisis that will make me hate Blackberry and move to an Android phone... which is a shame b/c I like my Blackberry.

Should I try installing an older OS as a last ditch effort? If the phone is older, could it take DAYS for the calendar info to show up?
    <weep>

Wow, lesson learned about not trusting Link.

PS Thanks for everyone's help.
    Last edited by fodorfolde; 04-21-16 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Fixed ingratituge.
    04-21-16 01:09 PM
    In future always remember the 3-2-1 backup rule:

Backup to three different places
    Two copies in different formats
    One copy offsite

It's just for reasons like this that I went with hosted Exchange for my mail and calendars: the last thing I wanted to do is have to rely on a single device backup for anything.
    04-21-16 02:53 PM
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. That 3-2-1 rule is something to internalize.

Stupid razamatasza!
    04-26-16 11:15 AM