My dear CX, over my years here on CB I've come to respect you greatly so don't get me wrong, I am well aware of the problems we all face as BlackBerry users and I have more than once said that the content of BGR is accurate.

That does not change the tabloid style perception. Pick a target, write about it till you kill it. Make up stories about it. Lots of hear say (annonymous letters? ok...) turned fact.

I am not attacking anyone, but I did find amusing that he used the word tabloid , because I was about to mention how similar things are looking like.
    I agree. To a point. I'd be a liar to deny the potential resemblance. But it doesn't mean it isn't true. Beyond that, my main point was that of the BerryReview article was just one of many stories making excuses for a company that's made bad mistakes. Yes, things are getting turned around. That doesn't mean we should sugar coat what's transpired. That was my only point my friend. )
    the_sleuth likes this.
    07-13-11 09:19 PM
    Mike L? Is that you?

Really? A must? I'd say the market trends say otherwise lol..
    market trends don't dictate what is important

truthfully with identity thefts being as rampant as they are and frauds, security SHOULD be on everyones priority list

but consumers will rarely think what is best for them, but will purchase what is most fun for them.

the Credit crunch / recession wouldn't have happened if the market did what is best.
    diegonei, the_sleuth and Jake2826 like this.
    07-13-11 09:23 PM
    I agree. To a point. I'd be a liar to deny the potential resemblance. But it doesn't mean it isn't true. Beyond that, my main point was that of the BerryReview article was just one of many stories making excuses for a company that's made bad mistakes. Yes, things are getting turned around. That doesn't mean we should sugar coat what's transpired. That was my only point my friend. )
    And a well stated one.

@deRusett, I was this close to quoting you bikini-statistic signature to Rickroller...
    07-13-11 09:25 PM
    Mike L? Is that you?

Really? A must? I'd say the market trends say otherwise lol..
    Last I checked, I'm a consumer. Battery life and security are pretty damn important to me.

Consumers like choices, there is no one perfect fit for everyone. Market trends also say the Ford F series is the number one selling vehicle for how many years now? I have two vehicles, and neither is an F series so I must be bucking the trend huh....

No one on here can speak for what anyone else wants/needs. If the iphone is so great why isn't it in the 94% adoption rate? Same with android....
    Jake2826 likes this.
    07-13-11 09:44 PM
    RIM needs to substantially improve the quantity and integration of services on their devices. They need to provide a complete package that works out-of-the box. For media - maybe something like a BlackBerry Media Plan, (via Pandora/Last.fm/Spotify) that gives you all-you-can-eat streaming music for $5 a month.
    Spotify provides an interesting illumination. It opened up shop today in the U.S. to much fanfare. But there is no BlackBerry app for it (although there is one for even WebOS). From what I've been able to glean, one has been "in development" for the past year and a half.

Uh-huh.

Add it to the list of apps whose developers have decided it's not worth it to port over to the BB. From Angry Birds to the NY Times app.
    K Bear likes this.
    07-14-11 01:12 PM
    I abhor Boygenius. I try not to hate those I have never met. This PlayBook discontinued story, over on BGR, is getting me closer to the hate zone. There is always a sense of schadenfreude in his writing when it comes to RIM. Not, nor will I ever be, a fan of that. To wit, I have written my last post about that twit and his site.
    07-18-11 06:19 PM
    i can't fathom a reason why anyone would dislike him unless he was saying things that aren't true, which if anyone can link to an article with lies in it i'd be happy to read it. getting mad because he's trash talking blackberry is a bit ridiculous. where is he incorrect about something?
    K Bear likes this.
    07-18-11 08:50 PM
    I have never called the guy a liar; I care not if he is. I just do not like him or his writing style. Simple as that. "More matter with less art" comes to mind when I read his prose. Furthermore, if one wanted to be truly angry about the trashing of BlackBerry, he/she would be better served going over to ZDNet. Now, I have made myself a prevaricator commenting on this; however, I just wanted to clear that up. Cheers.
    07-18-11 09:53 PM
83 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD