I would love for you to provide some examples when you get a chance because obviously I disagree.
    I will try.
    It will pain me to do so, but I will hopefully find the articles that stuck in my head and made me stop visiting his site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-11 09:36 AM
    Well your link isn't working. Maybe copy and paste what was on the link. Cuz... I can't see it.
    07-12-11 09:41 AM
    My turn to disagree

Though I wouldn't go out as far as some to say BGR fabricates articles.
    Their Bias is apparent in the thread titles usually chosen, an Article that can be spun in a negative way ALWAYS will be, though it is the sensationalism of this that brings many readers to the site. So I can understand his/their doing so.

BGR is deservingly hard on RIM, since RIM has needed a good kick in the teeth for 18 months. But saying their isn't a bias against positive news is a bit rosey glassed IMnsHO

The BlackBerry PlayBook is my favorite tablet

"The Blackberry Playbook is my Favorite Tablet"

One of the more optimistic stories I've read on there, doesn't ALWAYS seem to be in a negative light. I know he didn't write it, but it's on the front page of BGR.
    07-12-11 09:42 AM
    So was the "big ,crazy, news" that an analyst is suggesting that RIM be split into 2 companies?
    07-12-11 09:44 AM
    i hope not...
    07-12-11 09:54 AM
    Geller is a tool! I don't visit his site anymore because he not only publishes just the negative stuff on RIM, but sensationalizes it with over the top drama queen style reporting.
    07-12-11 10:19 AM
    i honestly dont see why some of u hate bgr so much....i do recognize that there have been a lot of negative articles on RIM recently but my thinking is that this man still has had as much exclusives (and mayb even more) on BB devices as crackberry has....

i personally believe dude is not "as" biased as some of you say....he called this out a long time ago and questioned what RIM would do in the face of the competition that android and ios were bringing

What happened to Research In Motion and where are they going?
    07-12-11 10:31 AM
    It was a choice between a playbook or a nook color and a new 9mm pistol my love for BlackBerry can only go so far.

A eminently intelligent choice.
    07-12-11 10:48 AM
    i honestly dont see why some of u hate bgr so much....i do recognize that there have been a lot of negative articles on RIM recently but my thinking is that this man still has had as much exclusives (and mayb even more) on BB devices as crackberry has....

i personally believe dude is not "as" biased as some of you say....he called this out a long time ago and questioned what RIM would do in the face of the competition that android and ios were bringing

What happened to Research In Motion and where are they going?
    This is the story I was talking about. So many people disagreed and said he was just an Apple fanboy, etc etc. But he was right. And while some might perceive the article as "negative", it was on point and completely true. It wasn't negative, it was just an objective look at the company from the outside. It was really the first wake up call & should've been taken seriously.
    Blacklatino and The Gift like this.
    07-12-11 10:48 AM
    So was the "big ,crazy, news" that an analyst is suggesting that RIM be split into 2 companies?
    From reading the comments after the story, the author of the post said that this story did not relate to what @boygenius referred to on Twitter last night. So, there should be another story to come, hopefully at some point today.
    07-12-11 10:54 AM
    This is the story I was talking about. So many people disagreed and said he was just an Apple fanboy, etc etc. But he was right. And while some might perceive the article as "negative", it was on point and completely true. It wasn't negative, it was just an objective look at the company from the outside. It was really the first wake up call & should've been taken seriously.
    exactly......people are acting as if bg directly slandered their mothers name lol.....thats not a shot at anyone but i do think some should open their eyes more and not look at it from a RIM loyalist point of view.

Still, i am very much looking forward to this news bg has

but honestly......if it aint dealin with QNX, then i dont wanna hear it lol
    07-12-11 12:28 PM
    I don't agree.
    I think keeping silent and hiding, would appear more guilty and lend credence to the letters than responding to them did.
    Anonymous "open letters" by nature cannot be denied or proven untrue.

I have a very reliable source (I can't name him because he works for BGR) that tells me Geller made up those letters. Prove me wrong.
    We can't prove you wrong, all we have is your word. You'll have to prove yourself right for everyone to believe you. I hope you're right but I'm a little skeptical.
    07-12-11 01:28 PM
    I have a very reliable source (I can't name him because he works for BGR) that tells me Geller made up those letters. Prove me wrong.
    When you appear on CNBC to make the above claim, I'll consider that proof. Until then, you have nothing.
    07-12-11 01:31 PM
    When you appear on CNBC to make the above claim, I'll consider that proof. Until then, you have nothing.
    I'm actually not believing anything that has happened, except that which can be verified, in the last few weeks.

Until the proof positiive comes out...there is nothing.
    07-12-11 02:57 PM
    if you have any pretense toward objectivity, you would have to concede that BG and BGR are good at what they do. They haven't succeeded by being slow-witted, clumsy or lazy. So I assume BG is clever enough to not have to resort to lies, fabrication or even too gross a distortion, in order to further their agenda. You can see it in their editorial decisions, but bias is not the same the same thing as lying. And BGR has established itself as the repository of anti-RIM rumors and comment, and seem purposefully not too careful about it. Almost like they're priming the pump.
    Last edited by mmcpher; 07-12-11 at 04:06 PM.
    Crackberrykills likes this.
    07-12-11 03:48 PM
    im anxious to read this news.....

say what u will about bgr, but i'll be almost willing to bet he gets info on our qnx devices before crackberry does....
    07-12-11 04:38 PM
    so when is the news going to be released?
    07-12-11 04:56 PM
    Looks like it's negative:

Twitter

I'm going from the words "combined" and "pre" that HP's buying RIM.

Any other totally unsubstantiated guesses?!?
    07-12-11 08:09 PM
    Twitter

"Our huge RIM story should be up tomorrow AM, it's big. Like all of the biggest losers pre biggest loser combined."

No. He does not hate. For sure he doesn't. Hejust prefer any other platform over it.
    07-12-11 08:14 PM
    You can tell a true journalist by his/her well articulated observations.

BlackScorpion3 likes this.
    07-12-11 08:15 PM
    Looks like it's negative:

Twitter

I'm going from the words "combined" and "pre" that HP's buying RIM.

Any other totally unsubstantiated guesses?!?
    haha, nice one
    07-12-11 08:23 PM
    Twitter

"Our huge RIM story should be up tomorrow AM, it's big. Like all of the biggest losers pre biggest loser combined."

No. He does not hate. For sure he doesn't. Hejust prefer any other platform over it.
    I knew that Geller wouldn't let Epstein's article saying the Playbook was his favorite tablet go without a major RIM beat down. Geller has found a RIM hating audience (if you look at the comments for anything RIM over there from Android and iPhone users), that will give him plenty of hits and add revenue.
    07-12-11 08:27 PM
    My turn to disagree

Though I wouldn't go out as far as some to say BGR fabricates articles.
    Their Bias is apparent in the thread titles usually chosen, an Article that can be spun in a negative way ALWAYS will be, though it is the sensationalism of this that brings many readers to the site. So I can understand his/their doing so.

BGR is deservingly hard on RIM, since RIM has needed a good kick in the teeth for 18 months. But saying their isn't a bias against positive news is a bit rosey glassed IMnsHO

I would love for you to provide some examples when you get a chance because obviously I disagree.

I MUST concede to CX here, Though extensive searching of titles, (though I could NOT find the culprit article that made me take bgr off my bookmarks...) I will agree that BGR is no more Bias against RIM than other bloggers in the mobile techmarket.

I am still not a fan of the way in which BG writes, nor most of the content with a few exceptions after extensive reading of articles tonight he still wont be readded to my bookmarks, but I wont go on to say he is biased.
    07-12-11 09:52 PM
    Back in 2009 the US financial system was going through armageddon and the US automakers were dead in the water (except maybe Ford). Fast forward to 2011 and the debt clock is ticking on the US and a handful of European nations are teetering on bankruptcy, yet lots of people are willing to pay laptop prices for 4 inch phones. I wouldn't have believed it in 2009 and I still find it hard to believe today, but it's happening. RIM needs to realize that the world is ready for a 7 inch touchscreen phone that streams 3D movies and it's not about to settle for anything less.
    07-12-11 10:37 PM
    I knew that Geller wouldn't let Epstein's article saying the Playbook was his favorite tablet go without a major RIM beat down. Geller has found a RIM hating audience (if you look at the comments for anything RIM over there from Android and iPhone users), that will give him plenty of hits and add revenue.
    Tell me about it... But I always get lots of likes when I post comments there. Some people actually fight on RIM's site on the comments and maybe this is what we should be doing.

No trolling, no fanboyism, just facts and well stated views (you all know I agree RIM needed a shake up, they had it, now it is time to support them).
    07-12-11 10:55 PM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD