07-11-11 10:50 PM
    I think what you mean is "I know BGR hates RIM,..."

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    07-11-11 10:59 PM
    forum members dont `hate` BGR for writing negative articles on RIM, they hate them for ONLY writing negative articles and leaving the majority of the good stuff on the cutting room floor. or in real terms, biased reporting.
    07-11-11 11:08 PM
    Yeah, I like BG and BGR... CrackBerry don't hate BG. Curious to see what it is!
    Laura Knotek and diegonei like this.
    07-11-11 11:11 PM
    forum members dont `hate` BGR for writing negative articles on RIM, they hate them for ONLY writing negative articles and leaving the majority of the good stuff on the cutting room floor. or in real terms, biased reporting.
    This.
    (I can't thank your post cuz I'm on mobile in this hand on my BlackBerry and on tapatalk on my nook in the other)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-11 11:12 PM
    This.
    (I can't thank your post cuz I'm on mobile in this hand on my BlackBerry and on tapatalk on my nook in the other)

see, this is why you should have a PlayBook
    DCAce likes this.
    07-11-11 11:14 PM
    Very diplomatic of you Kevin. Now what about their biased stories
    07-11-11 11:16 PM
    I know u and Geller are buddies I more or less meant most people on the forums. I don't hate them though, I think they tend to publish a lot of stuff without verification but they must have a ridiculous amount of contacts within the industry to get all the info that they have
    07-11-11 11:16 PM
    see, this is why you should have a PlayBook
    It was a choice between a playbook or a nook color and a new 9mm pistol my love for BlackBerry can only go so far.

anon(3733516) likes this.
    07-11-11 11:17 PM
    Breaking news: Jim Balsillie & Mike Lazaridis spotted behind grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza
    07-11-11 11:37 PM
    Breaking news: Jim Balsillie & Mike Lazaridis spotted behind grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza
    El Oh El
    07-11-11 11:42 PM
    I thought BGR was the ONLY one that didn't ONLY write bad things.

07-11-11 11:51 PM
    I cannot wait to see BGR's next big work of fiction...err..i mean Exclusive!

07-11-11 11:52 PM
    I don't hate BGR, I just refuse to ever visit his site again.
    07-11-11 11:58 PM
    Whatever it is its probably the "hand on the bible" truth because that's all they publish is the "truth". And I don't want to hear "all they want is site visits" that's not why they do what they do. BGR is a candle that shines bright in a dark room of lies to iluminate "truth".

Last edited by Red777; 07-12-11 at 01:07 AM.
    07-12-11 01:00 AM
    More lies from Geller just watch!

07-12-11 01:31 AM
    I do not hate BGR. RIM management needs a kick in the arse to get going and release some new devices. If the negative stories from BGR spur RIM into action that can only be a good thing.
    07-12-11 02:19 AM
    I do not hate BGR. RIM management needs a kick in the arse to get going and release some new devices. If the negative stories from BGR spur RIM into action that can only be a good thing.
    The end does not justify the means.
    Geller needs to learn the meaning of journalistic integrity.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    07-12-11 02:25 AM
    The end does not justify the means.
    Geller needs to learn the meaning of journalistic integrity.
    The fact that RIM responded to his stories (even if it was a "canned" statement) and did not deny them or state that they were untrue leads me to believe that what he published was true.
    07-12-11 02:31 AM
    The fact that RIM responded to his stories (even if it was a "canned" statement) and did not deny them or state that they were untrue leads me to believe that what he published was true.
    I don't agree.
    I think keeping silent and hiding, would appear more guilty and lend credence to the letters than responding to them did.
    Anonymous "open letters" by nature cannot be denied or proven untrue.

I have a very reliable source (I can't name him because he works for BGR) that tells me Geller made up those letters. Prove me wrong.
    Last edited by Jake Storm; 07-12-11 at 02:56 AM.
    07-12-11 02:50 AM
    I personally feel BGR has been a bit too harsh...

Let's face it: Almost ALL smartphone makers are having problems. The only real exception is Apple. RIM, LG, Nokia etc are all having problems.

RIM will get through...

Hopefully BGR won't help stock prices plunge again ;-)
    (I'm hoping for a bit of a stock surge after today's meeting)
    07-12-11 07:25 AM
    I personally feel BGR has been a bit too harsh...

Let's face it: Almost ALL smartphone makers are having problems. The only real exception is Apple. RIM, LG, Nokia etc are all having problems.

RIM will get through...

Hopefully BGR won't help stock prices plunge again ;-)
    (I'm hoping for a bit of a stock surge after today's meeting)
    I'm still banking on another drop,

When they finally announce the new phone line up and people start hearing the name Blackberry + phones again in the public I expect to see them come up.
    07-12-11 07:49 AM
    Very diplomatic of you Kevin. Now what about their biased stories
    I disagree. I honestly don't think BGR's stories on RIM are biased. Yes I agree that they don't line up with most BlackBerry loyalist's views. However they doesn't mean they're biased. BG wrote a story over a year ago about where RIM was/is in the market, the fact they were headed down, and what they needed to do to turn things around.
    Sure they're "hard" on RIM but that doesn't mean biased.
    07-12-11 08:27 AM
    I disagree. I honestly don't think BGR's stories on RIM are biased. Yes I agree that they don't line up with most BlackBerry loyalist's views. However they doesn't mean they're biased. BG wrote a story over a year ago about where RIM was/is in the market, the fact they were headed down, and what they needed to do to turn things around.
    Sure they're "hard" on RIM but that doesn't mean biased.
    My turn to disagree

Though I wouldn't go out as far as some to say BGR fabricates articles.
    Their Bias is apparent in the thread titles usually chosen, an Article that can be spun in a negative way ALWAYS will be, though it is the sensationalism of this that brings many readers to the site. So I can understand his/their doing so.

BGR is deservingly hard on RIM, since RIM has needed a good kick in the teeth for 18 months. But saying their isn't a bias against positive news is a bit rosey glassed IMnsHO

07-12-11 09:06 AM
    My turn to disagree

Though I wouldn't go out as far as some to say BGR fabricates articles.
    Their Bias is apparent in the thread titles usually chosen, an Article that can be spun in a negative way ALWAYS will be, though it is the sensationalism of this that brings many readers to the site. So I can understand his/their doing so.

BGR is deservingly hard on RIM, since RIM has needed a good kick in the teeth for 18 months. But saying their isn't a bias against positive news is a bit rosey glassed IMnsHO

I would love for you to provide some examples when you get a chance because obviously I disagree.
    07-12-11 09:27 AM
83 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD