I installed Viigo last night and ever since my. Phone was dragging. I couldn't even post anything on crackberry and websites were God awful slow! I uninstalled Viigo just now and here I am on crackberry from my BB and BB is running fast again! What the heck was that about? I have more than enough adequate memory and space.

Thanks,
    Carlissa
    02-25-09 08:06 AM
    I had the same issue when I installed Viigo my first time way back when.... I would reinstall it then do a battery pull. Should fix your issue!
    02-25-09 08:10 AM
    Alright, make sure after you install it that you go to articles and set the feeds up correctly. The default setting is 500 articles and i forget how many feeds, that's alot. Then when it asks you to run in the backround on close, select NO.
    02-25-09 08:11 AM
    Viigo is a memory hog, but with good memory management it's usable. Like Click said a battery pull will help, which you may need to do again when your BB gets laggy again. I believe the curve also has a memory cleaning function (like my Storm does) it's under Options>Security>Memory Cleaning, enable it, then press the BB button and select Clean Now. And then there after the cleaner will run itself, BUT you can always use the Clean Now function, by going in thru the menus, then pressing BB and again selecting Clean Now. It also helps to clear out your java log hold the !?123 button and press L G L G, then press the BB button and select Clear Log.
    02-25-09 08:16 AM
    If you are running the latest version of Viigo, set it up correctly as in how many articles, feeds and how often it updates. Then make sure you set run in backround on close to NO and it should be alot better. It honestly doesn't faze my device...
    02-25-09 08:20 AM
    I believe the curve also has a memory cleaning function (like my Storm does) it's under Options>Security>Memory Cleaning, enable it, then press the BB button and select Clean Now. And then there after the cleaner will run itself, BUT you can always use the Clean Now function, by going in thru the menus, then pressing BB and again selecting Clean Now.

I really wish RIM would rename that app. The Memory Cleaner does not function the way you think it does. It's more of a scrubber that removes sensitive personal information from form data. It does NOT have any significant impact on device memory. That's not to say it's useless, but it is not intended for memory management.

As for Viigo, as the others have said, it's all about the settings. Turn OFF automatic updates, do not move to background on close, and try to clear it of articles often.
    02-25-09 08:25 AM
    I just made the suggested modifications. Thanks guys I think setting the run in backround to no is the key, but I also reduced my max articles to 250 and the checking interval to 4 hours. We'll see how it goes.
    02-25-09 08:34 AM
    If it is still an issue, turn the auto update OFF

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD