So I posted here two days that I've sold my Bold. I didn't -really- sell it per say, but the lady that wanted it paid me in advance, so the phone was packaged back into its box and it was sitting in my car.

I borrowed a friend's phone temporarily waiting for the 9700.

Two days later (today) it became so frustrating not to have a Bold. The fact that I have to check my e-mail accounts through a laptop, or type a slow as **** text message and be worried about the keypad!
    I called up the girl, gave her her money back, reloaded my old backup and I'm finally using it!

Ahhh it feels so good to have it back in my hands!
    10-12-09 10:58 PM
    I'm not surprised. The Bold and BB in general is awesome. Hope 9700 gets released soon so u can tell us all about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 11:40 PM
    I would have completed the sale. She paid you in good faith AND
    in advance of receiving the item. Now, she has to start all over.
    Not cool if you ask me.
    10-12-09 11:47 PM
    Not cool if you ask me.
    True, but when I approached her she said "I don't mind not buying it now because I had an emergency and had to pay the money" -- So I felt good about it.
    10-12-09 11:55 PM
    Oh and I told her that she will have priority as soon as the new Bold comes out with a discount.

I'm holding my Bold right now like a baby!
    10-12-09 11:57 PM
    Solid. My other concern though is when the 9700 drops will you
    still be able to sell it at a good price?
    10-12-09 11:59 PM
    Solid. My other concern though is when the 9700 drops will you
    still be able to sell it at a good price?
    That was my concern too, but you know what, if that's the price I have to pay to stick with a Blackberry, then I'm willing to do it.

You really have no idea what it feels like to lose a Blackberry and reuse one... It's pure happiness!
    10-13-09 12:01 AM
    i can relate i love my tour and cant imagine life without it ,,even for a day
    10-13-09 12:14 AM
    That was my concern too, but you know what, if that's the price I have to pay to stick with a Blackberry, then I'm willing to do it.

You really have no idea what it feels like to lose a Blackberry and reuse one
    ... It's pure happiness!
    Actually I do. I never take the thing on vacation. I regularly leave it on my desk
    at home (I never go back and get it even if I am in the driveway.) Loan it to
    my perpetually lost best friend for road trips, (the longest of which was 6 days so
    she can have GPS - I am NOT giving her my car ), and from time to time
    forget to grab it when I leave the office.
    10-13-09 12:34 AM
    ditto AG, ive done all those, short of loaning it to a friend. i dont loan anything to friends.. thats how you lose friends. im notorious for forgetting my phone.
    10-13-09 01:29 AM
    Kev she has been my best friend since 1982. I think I'm good with
    her. I do have some trifling friends I would not loan a quarter though.
    10-13-09 01:38 AM
    Kev she has been my best friend since 1982. I think I'm good with
    her. I do have some trifling friends I would not loan a quarter.
    dont we all. i guess 27 years is enough time to really get to know someone! geez, thats pert near my age.
    10-13-09 01:45 AM
    dont we all. i guess 27 years is enough time to really get to know someone! geez, thats pert near my age.
    If I could find you I'd snap my foot off in your rear for intimating I'm old.
    Damn kids today Oh yeah, and get off my lawn!!!
    10-13-09 02:55 AM
    I was born in 1982 lol you've been friends with her as long as i've been alive...

I couldn't go ANYWHERE without my blackberry...
    10-13-09 03:08 AM
    Not cool if you ask me.
    I agree. Even if she was okay with it, going back on a transaction, especially after a fund transfer, is poor etiquette. Op should have waited until he was really ready to sell his phone.
    10-13-09 03:32 AM
    You could of got a used cheaper BB somewhere else. Never back out of a sale, sometimes they may act like they ok with it then turn around and spread the word that you a poor seller. I have sold cars and made a deal, got paid, and they want to leave the car at my house for a few days until they have time to pick it up. In this time I had other people offer more than my original asking price for the car but it was sold so I had to let them know that.
    And I have done without my BB for long periods that my wife would take my BB and leave me her junk Motorola Hint, but I didn't have withdrawals, yes BB is the best phone I have used and I love them, but in the end it is just a phone with a lot of features

10-13-09 05:39 AM
    It's your decision. Hopefully this transaction does not hurt you from selling in the future. People don't like to deal with flaky buyers and sellers.
    10-13-09 06:46 AM
    Lol I find the OP post's funny! I ran the situation through my mind and it plays out quite funny actually LOL! BlackBerry withdrawals indeed.

10-13-09 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD