I'm on two contracts, one is a BB. On three separate occasions I've been to the store to upgrade my BB to a Samsung Note II. It's everything I want in a phone (except for BBM/BB Emailing). Every time I'm just about to upgrade, I have "What if BlackBerry 10 is really good?" in the back of my mind. I've seen it also has video chat lately on BBM.
    12-03-12 02:37 AM
    My suggestion is to hold out for a couple of months. I know it is tough, considering the massive advertising campaigns on TV, in the papers and on the Internet. Tbat urge to get a new phone that you feel in your belly goes to show that some ads work don't they? Still, it's not too long a wait in the grand scheme of things. When BB10 comes out you can be the judge and make an informed decision then. If you need support to hold out a little longer, keep watching those cool BB10 videos. And if you want more support, you can always come back to the forums and commiserate with the rest of us who are playing our own waiting games for BB10. I think most of feel it will be worth the wait.
    12-03-12 02:52 AM
    Here's another suggestion. Go get yourself a PlayBook. It is a great device, going for super prices these days. It has the QNX based OS, with many of the same gestures that you will find on the new phones. AND the PlayBook will be getting a free upgrade to BB10 at some time after the pbones are launched. That should tide you over until BB10s are released.
    fbf2012 likes this.
    12-03-12 02:57 AM
    I think watching the cool BB10 videos is the reason why I'm back to "What do I choose!?", haha. Until I actually went to the store, I was dead set on the Note 2. It's very powerful, multitasking, pen is fun, then it has Instagram etc. I have an iPhone 4 too (contract). However, I don't think I can go without a BlackBerry since I've been using one for 6 years now. I don't know if it's just the change that's making me not wanna get it.
    12-03-12 05:36 AM
    just wait a couple months, if BB10 is not what you like, then switch. Surely you have enough will power to hold off for a couple months?
    12-03-12 07:12 AM
    I think watching the cool BB10 videos is the reason why I'm back to "What do I choose!?", haha. Until I actually went to the store, I was dead set on the Note 2. It's very powerful, multitasking, pen is fun, then it has Instagram etc. I have an iPhone 4 too (contract). However, I don't think I can go without a BlackBerry since I've been using one for 6 years now. I don't know if it's just the change that's making me not wanna get it.
    Change is tough sometimes, but think about this: you've obviously tried other operating systems, yet you still love your BB. There's a reson for that I'm excited for BB10 but I'm still a fan of 7.1 on the 9900
    12-03-12 07:20 AM
    I did try to switch from blackberry at 2010. But, it won't take last. 2 weeks I tried and then I cannot stand against blackberry temptation until now.

Especially when I feel and get deep experience with blackberry 10, truly, I'm trapped by bb10. It's just like you fall in love in the first touch. Once you feel it, you cannot forget it.
    12-03-12 07:21 AM
    I'm on two contracts, one is a BB. On three separate occasions I've been to the store to upgrade my BB to a Samsung Note II. It's everything I want in a phone (except for BBM/BB Emailing). Every time I'm just about to upgrade, I have "What if BlackBerry 10 is really good?" in the back of my mind. I've seen it also has video chat lately on BBM.
    I know how you feel. I just picked up an HTC One X+ and it is a beast of a smartphone. It is everything I want and then some and yet I still use my Bold 9930 as my main device. If RIM can somehow manage to make their new devices have the best of both worlds, the choice would be clear. At the moment, my One X+ has a killer camera, fantastic screen and interface and a pretty darn good keyboard. I still have a lot of faith in RIM, I just love gadgets.
    12-03-12 07:24 AM
    Change is tough sometimes, but think about this: you've obviously tried other operating systems, yet you still love your BB. There's a reson for that I'm excited for BB10 but I'm still a fan of 7.1 on the 9900
    Wow, this is encouraging. I thought I was the only relic toying with the idea of sticking with 7.1 after BB10.

But I have to admit, the more of see of BB10, the more amenable I become to the possibility of an all touch-screen phone in my future.
    12-03-12 07:36 AM
    The funny thing is, when I first got my Torch from Storm 2, I hated it so much. Now it's my main phone. I use my BlackBerry for most of my messages, tweets, emailing, etc. I use the iPhone for Instagram, and fun, and other things if the Torch battery is dead. The Note II pretty much has everything I want, minus BBM, and I still prefer the emailing on BB. I read somewhere that BBM will be having more features too? I'm currently a Media student so I could actually have use for the S Pen feature too.
    12-03-12 07:38 AM
    Wow, this is encouraging. I thought I was the only relic toying with the idea of sticking with 7.1 after BB10.

But I have to admit, the more of see of BB10, the more amenable I become to the possibility of an all touch-screen phone in my future.
    Ill be grabbing an N series for sure. I just don't feel like BB7 is a disappointment like others apparently do
    12-03-12 07:43 AM
    Ill be grabbing an N series for sure. I just don't feel like BB7 is a disappointment like others apparently do
    Me too neither. I'm pretty happy with BB7. Everything I'm reading suggests that RIM is pretty intent on retaining all the goodness of legacy BB while adding all the cool stuff that QNX will enable. I am looking forward to seeing how all that will work together; but in the mean time, I'm quite content with BB7.
    12-03-12 11:14 AM
    Probably the only two I've seen that is happy with BB7. Everyone I see complains about it, or says it wasn't worth an upgrade from 6.
    12-03-12 02:01 PM