There will be no BB10 device, ever. That is 100% certain.
    Nah
    10-01-16 12:16 AM
    There will be no BB10 device, ever. That is 100% certain.
    Heh. Welcome to my world.

What kept you?
    10-01-16 04:15 AM
    Nah
    This is the fascinating behaviour that I and others have been talking about.
    10-01-16 06:03 AM
    This is the fascinating behaviour that I and others have been talking about.
    It's called blind faith.
    DrBoomBotz and JeepBB like this.
    10-01-16 06:54 AM
    It's called blind faith.
    My late Uncle always used to say that I should never use "facts" to counter "faith". I've belatedly come to appreciate what he meant. Thank you CB Forums!

After BB's move to Android from BB10, the BB letter declaring the end of BB10 SDK development, the non-appearance of 10.3.3, and particularly the events and statements of the past few days; there is no rational reason why anyone can possibly believe that new BB10 phones are ever going to re-appear, and yet some people here clearly do.

It's become a matter of faith to them. Their "truth" needs no explanation or reason... it just is!

I've decided to take my Uncle's advice. Unless severely provoked, I'm not going to mention that BB10 is dead ... it's pointless. You're either a CB'er who's realised the reality of that statement by now, or you're one of those whose faith in BB10's second coming is unshakable. Either way, I'm going to sit back* , occasionally shake my head sadly at certain posts, laugh out loud at others, and to just enjoy these threads for the entertainment value that most of them offer.

* I reserve the right to continue to ridicule those who think BB is ever going make phones again, or who use the tweet to Claudia Winkleman as evidence that the Mercury is coming. I should also add that I'm not licensed to provide financial or investment advice, but I remain happy to give it freely, and will gratefully accept donations.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    10-01-16 10:40 AM
    ????? Straightened??????

BB10 whilst waiting.....
    Right? Haha Ambassadors acting naughty.
    10-01-16 10:45 AM
    Very unbiased opinion here. Not a hater of Android or BB10 like some people are. I love them both, equally, even without trying BB10 xD. Here we go:

There are only two phones that are likely to emerge. One, the DTEK60. Two, the Mercury. A PKB android device. Before the announcement of shutting down the internal designing of HW, I would tell you yes there is a very slim 0.2% chance (Just like BB's Marketshare) due to the fact that they didn't rule it out. Now, its done, Unless of course any manufacturer out there is looking to license it, which I fail to see why. But hey, crazy world.
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-01-16 10:51 AM
    Very unbiased opinion here. Not a hater of Android or BB10 like some people are. I love them both, equally, even without trying BB10 xD. Here we go:

There are only two phones that are likely to emerge. One, the DTEK60. Two, the Mercury. A PKB android device. Before the announcement of shutting down the internal designing of HW, I would tell you yes there is a very slim 0.2% chance (Just like BB's Marketshare) due to the fact that they didn't rule it out. Now, its done, Unless of course any manufacturer out there is looking to license it, which I fail to see why. But hey, crazy world.
    I think this is a pretty fair statement and i hope both those devices come out. Beyond that will depend on their success.
    Sairos likes this.
    10-01-16 11:10 AM
    I think this is a pretty fair statement and i hope both those devices come out. Beyond that will depend on their success.
    The DTEK60 has been mentioned a few times as already being in production and set for a mid-October release. I'm sure it will be released as planned as most of the money has already been spent. Like the DTEK50, it won't sell, but it will be released.

The Mercury is reportedly (source: John Chen, ER) complete and awaiting John Chen's personal decision on production. I think it very unlikely that Chen will spend the money producing the Mercury even though his end-date for Hardware is still a few months away (end of fiscal year). I'm sure he will conclude that the production costs won't be recouped by the likely sales. He might decide to release the Mercury for "goodwill" reasons to appease the fans who say they want to buy the last iconic PKB BB phone, but... Chen doesn't strike me as a sentimental guy, and it would be an expensive gesture to make!

But, as the man says, it's a crazy world.
    TgeekB, Sairos and StephanieMaks like this.
    10-01-16 11:27 AM
    It's called blind faith.
    I think some of these folks have known for a long time that bb10 sleeps with the fishes but they still say these things for kicks. Sometimes it's funny and sometimes it's sad. Sometimes it's both simultaneously.
    TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    10-01-16 11:29 AM
    I think some of these folks have known for a long time that bb10 sleeps with the fishes but they still say these things for kicks. Sometimes it's funny and sometimes it's sad. Sometimes it's both simultaneously.
    Yeah, BlackBerry was almost like a religion in its heyday, so i guess it makes sense.
    10-01-16 11:32 AM
    Yeah, BlackBerry was almost like a religion in its heyday, so i guess it makes sense.
    Just to be clear, I mean Luca Brazi not Troy McClure.
    10-01-16 11:50 AM
    I think it's funny how serious you take it. If BB10 is dead how am I using it right now? Lol silly goose, feel free to correct your statement
    10-01-16 12:32 PM
    My late Uncle always used to say that I should never use "facts" to counter "faith". I've belatedly come to appreciate what he meant. Thank you CB Forums!

After BB's move to Android from BB10, the BB letter declaring the end of BB10 SDK development, the non-appearance of 10.3.3, and particularly the events and statements of the past few days; there is no rational reason why anyone can possibly believe that new BB10 phones are ever going to re-appear, and yet some people here clearly do.

It's become a matter of faith to them. Their "truth" needs no explanation or reason... it just is!

I've decided to take my Uncle's advice. Unless severely provoked, I'm not going to mention that BB10 is dead ... it's pointless. You're either a CB'er who's realised the reality of that statement by now, or you're one of those whose faith in BB10's second coming is unshakable. Either way, I'm going to sit back* , occasionally shake my head sadly at certain posts, laugh out loud at others, and to just enjoy these threads for the entertainment value that most of them offer.

* I reserve the right to continue to ridicule those who think BB is ever going make phones again, or who use the tweet to Claudia Winkleman as evidence that the Mercury is coming. I should also add that I'm not licensed to provide financial or investment advice, but I remain happy to give it freely, and will gratefully accept donations.
    So you're saying that a new BB10 device is definitely in the works.
    DrBoomBotz, velkod and JeepBB like this.
    10-01-16 12:40 PM
    I think it's funny how serious you take it. If BB10 is dead how am I using it right now? Lol silly goose, feel free to correct your statement
    So we are back to where we started with the leg pulling.
    10-01-16 12:52 PM
    Sign outside the tavern reads..."Free Beer Tomorrow"

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.2.2639
    10-01-16 01:17 PM
    Definitely maybe lol
    10-01-16 01:22 PM
    BlackBerry will make no more BB10 devices. How about that? Call it what you want, but it's not alive and thriving.
    10-01-16 01:34 PM
    By that logic, anyone who drives an Oldsmobile proves Oldsmobile is still alive.
    TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    10-01-16 01:37 PM
    Must... remain... calm...

I can do this...

<deep breaths>

Ommmmm...
    10-01-16 01:50 PM
    Chen promised a bb10 phone also..

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 03:07 PM
    Must... remain... calm...

I can do this...

<deep breaths>

Ommmmm...
    Hahahahahaha
    10-01-16 03:13 PM
    Chen promised a bb10 phone also..

Posted via CB10
    That he did. A dual boot BB10/Android phone with Hypervisor. I can't wait!!!
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-01-16 03:14 PM
    Lol I like you guys
    10-01-16 03:21 PM
    Just like the last Playerbook update, it will come, but late.

Emperor of Texas & California.
    10-01-16 05:04 PM
58 123