What if one of was an official for a different carrier?
    That would on matter now if carriers were involved.
    If the update come directly from BlackBerry I wouldn't have to worry about it.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 10:25 AM
    J Chen needs to reach out to the carriers and convince them to support BlackBerry a bit better. Am I mistaken, or are Americans still on 10.1? Its a little silly, we are 4 updates ahead of that now. Chen can tell them they need to work something out, or blackberry will just start pushing updates from the noc

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    03-09-14 12:12 PM
    Chen said in one of the interviews the carriers told him they got tired of BlackBerry delivering buggy phones and missing deadlines. Friends of mine who work at Cspire told me how arrogant BlackBerry execs were and said the American carriers had the same experience. You could tell from Mike and Jims comments slamming the iPhone and iPad how true that probably was

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 02:24 PM
    Chen said in one of the interviews the carriers told him they got tired of BlackBerry delivering buggy phones and missing deadlines. Friends of mine who work at Cspire told me how arrogant BlackBerry execs were and said the American carriers had the same experience. You could tell from Mike and Jims comments slamming the iPhone and iPad how true that probably was
    Again... When did Chen say this?
    I must have missed it.
    Can you provide a link for this interview, please?

Thanks!
    03-09-14 02:39 PM
    The carriers are their own worst enemies. Although in a way you can't blame them for not wanting to push products that don't sell

Posted via CB10
    The problem though if you think back. No carrier was really on board. And we see this now. As there displays were terribly. Non of the handsets work so you could try it. They were always in a back corner somewhere and then if you did ask the clerk try to talk you out of it. So any non fan boy just interested to see. Maybe had a pearl back in the day. Asked what they where like. And got the they are going bankrupt. There are no apps. Garbage and sent them home with a galaxy phone. So in a way you can blame the carrier. Don't get me wrong BlackBerry had enough of the blame for delays and such. But actually sell was all the carriers fault cause there was a lot of buzz

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 02:57 PM
    The problem though if you think back. No carrier was really on board. And we see this now. As there displays were terribly. Non of the handsets work so you could try it. They were always in a back corner somewhere and then if you did ask the clerk try to talk you out of it.
    That's not the case.

First, BB is the one who designs and delivers the displays, so if you didn't like them, that's on BB, not the carriers.

Second, many, many carriers had BB's display front-and-center at launch. The phones simply didn't sell, and BB soon stopped paying for that premium space (you DO know that manufacturers pay for placement in carrier stores, right?), which then meant that their displays got moved to the side or back, and were eventually removed altogether in some cases. This is how retail works, whether it is smartphones or Oreo cookies - premium sales space must be paid for, and products that don't sell get pushed to the back or are no longer stocked.

The truth is that the carriers don't really care which phone you buy; they just want you to sign a contract, and to never come back to them for support. BB didn't deliver many contracts for the carriers, and a lot of them came back for support/exchange, so the fact that the carriers have withdrawn most of their support shouldn't be any surprise - it's Retail 101. It was BB's responsibility to make sure their launch went well, and, as they always seem to do, they executed poorly.
    kbz1960 and Drew808 like this.
    03-09-14 04:43 PM
    How long before we don't need carriers anyway? How far away from WiFi everywhere are we?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 04:59 PM
    J Chen needs to reach out to the carriers and convince them to support BlackBerry a bit better. Am I mistaken, or are Americans still on 10.1? Its a little silly, we are 4 updates ahead of that now. Chen can tell them they need to work something out, or blackberry will just start pushing updates from the noc

Posted via CB10
    No we aren't. I'm on 10.2.0.1233 vzw official. I don't know about the Q or the 10.
    03-09-14 05:17 PM
    How long before we don't need carriers anyway? How far away from WiFi everywhere are we?

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean by everywhere?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-09-14 07:30 PM
    What do you mean by everywhere?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    He means like south Korea everywhere. The wi-fi access.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-09-14 07:35 PM
    Better than a decade away, minimum.
    03-09-14 07:48 PM
    Why doesn't someone tweet this thread to the carriers, so they can see just how disgusted their customers really are.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 07:57 PM
    Been saying this for a long time... buy them unlocked from BlackBerry directly as it happens in India. But BlackBerry needs to Get the word out with a month long marketing campaign that they are available for exchange or outright.

Posted via CB10
    it took severe discounts to get anyone to even buy them at the bbry lvl
    i doubt bbry can continue to do so unless you want them to go bankrupt
    03-09-14 08:04 PM
    Why doesn't someone tweet this thread to the carriers, so they can see just how disgusted their customers really are.
    Because they won't care. If they didn't care about millions complaining about updates to Galaxies and HTCs and Motos, they certainly aren't going to care about a few tens of thousands on BB10. This isn't anything new - people have been complaining about slow OS updates for years already.

Folks "hoping" the carriers drop BB really don't understand what's going on - without carrier support, BB is dead in the US - it would make BB fans long for the amount of support BB enjoys today. Not only do the carriers sell 95+% of all phones used in the US, but if Verizon dropped BB, that would mean about HALF of the customers in the US wouldn't be able to use a BB at all, even if they obtained them elsewhere, because Verizon won't activate a device that they didn't sell themselves. Neither will Sprint, but Verizon is the biggest carrier in the US. They also hold about 3/5 of corporate accounts and a BIG majority of government accounts. No Verizon support? No BB in the US.
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    03-09-14 08:40 PM
    I think I might cry a little. This makes me sad.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 09:00 PM
    Troy, thanks for infusing a bit of real world insight here. There are so many who don't get the basics of capitalism.

Posted via CB10
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    03-09-14 09:13 PM
    Because they won't care. If they didn't care about millions complaining about updates to Galaxies and HTCs and Motos, they certainly aren't going to care about a few tens of thousands on BB10. This isn't anything new - people have been complaining about slow OS updates for years already.

Folks "hoping" the carriers drop BB really don't understand what's going on - without carrier support, BB is dead in the US - it would make BB fans long for the amount of support BB enjoys today. Not only do the carriers sell 95+% of all phones used in the US, but if Verizon dropped BB, that would mean about HALF of the customers in the US wouldn't be able to use a BB at all, even if they obtained them elsewhere, because Verizon won't activate a device that they didn't sell themselves. Neither will Sprint, but Verizon is the biggest carrier in the US. They also hold about 3/5 of corporate accounts and a BIG majority of government accounts. No Verizon support? No BB in the US.
    You are making it sound so simplicity. It's a dog eat dog world out there. All these carriers will not agree to collude to drop BlackBerry. I bet you at least one of the carriers will want to work a deal with BlackBerry behind closed doors.
    03-10-14 04:37 PM
    You are making it sound so simplicity. It's a dog eat dog world out there. All these carriers will not agree to collude to drop BlackBerry. I bet you at least one of the carriers will want to work a deal with BlackBerry behind closed doors.
    I wasn't the one who posted that they "hoped" the carriers would drop BB - I'm the one who is pointing out that such ideas are incredibly naive and would do far more harm than good for BB. BB should be working to IMPROVE their carrier relationships, not foregoing them or taking them for granted.
    wincyUt likes this.
    03-10-14 05:25 PM
43 12