...and BlackBerry pushes out updates themselves.
    saxxman, Relletti and MADBRADNYC like this.
    03-08-14 04:03 PM
    I hope something happens... because currently it's ridiculous for US bb10 customers...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    MADBRADNYC and Grumblegrumble like this.
    03-08-14 04:08 PM
    I wish there was an option to pull updates from Blackberry. Even if it was "update at your own risk". Which wouldn't be an issue because you know it's going to work.
    03-08-14 04:11 PM
    I hope something happens... because currently it's ridiculous for US bb10 customers...
    This is reality!
    Whether it is the carriers or BlackBerry!
    We (the customers) get hit.
    madman0141 likes this.
    03-08-14 06:29 PM
    The carriers are their own worst enemies. Although in a way you can't blame them for not wanting to push products that don't sell

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 10:06 PM
    The carriers are their own worst enemies. Although in a way you can't blame them for not wanting to push products that don't sell

Posted via CB10
    No this is not the point... if I ask for a certain product don't divert me to some other crap.... a lot of people know what they want and should be given what they want because they will pay for it...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-08-14 11:24 PM
    Well don't companies that use BlackBerry phones still need a carrier to issue them to them?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 11:31 PM
    Hey, OP.
    I agree. For the consumer and enterprise arena.
    Maybe one day companies can also buy devices directly from BlackBerry and just pay for the service and BES infrastructure.
    03-09-14 12:01 AM
    Once BlackBerry Enterprise has infiltrated all corporations and successfully integrates itself as the communication standard even with iOS and Android, it will then release the Kraken and destroy them.

BlackBerry is not out of the woods yet but hopefully it will stabilize and regain standing as the industry standard. Until then we few, we happy few, we band of Crackberry brothers will have to hang on.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 12:24 AM
    BlackBerry has the ability to do this. They are still holding onto the carrier approval. One day they will push out their own updates. Not sure when, but it's coming and the people rejoiced.

Keep the faith.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 12:27 AM
    Hmmm. The silver lining to the low BlackBerry market share in the US is that maybe the carriers won't care anymore, and let BB do just that. We can always hope.
    03-09-14 05:58 AM
    This is reality!
    Whether it is the carriers or BlackBerry!
    We (the customers) get hit.
    And like you I'm tired of taking hits.
    03-09-14 06:03 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry can setup an over the air OS upgrade for "developers" like what Windows Phone has done.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650
    03-09-14 06:16 AM
    I am currently with T Mobile USA and I just recently bought an unlocked z30 100-5 Canadian model and I did get the OTA 10.2.1.537 update.

I got tired of waiting for them to release the official update which I honestly believe will NEVER come from T Mobile USA. This company had been wanting to ditch the BlackBerry brand for some time now and has done nothing but string their current BlackBerry customers along about providing them with the latest update.

At this point in time I really do want them to drop the brand and let BlackBerry provide us users with the support we deserve, if this is possible at all???

I am not leaving T Mobile because of this, I only wish someone i.e. BlackBerry or T Mobile would step up to plate and just tell us loyal users here in the USA, yes we will continue to support you???

So far, based on what I have seen the last six months, nobody has???

Posted from my BlackBerry z30 on T Mobile USA
    03-09-14 06:40 AM
    Been saying this for a long time... buy them unlocked from BlackBerry directly as it happens in India. But BlackBerry needs to Get the word out with a month long marketing campaign that they are available for exchange or outright.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 07:14 AM
    I suspect Chen has something planned with the q20. Its actually going to.work right when he goes to carriers and. I'll be surprised if he doesn't ramp up the marketing for it. He said the carriers got tired of.half baked devices and the endless delays. Carriers want to see BlackBerry get it right first before they stick their necks out for them again. I don't think you people realize how badly BlackBerry treated them under the old regime.

Posted via CB10
    lnichols and Q10Bold like this.
    03-09-14 07:40 AM
    The only way I would want them to do that is if Blackberry started selling US models of their phones that supported US bands (which I don't understand why they don't do that now).

Trying to find the right Z30 unlocked for AT&T was like trying to solve a 10,000 price puzzle on which one might get LTE support for AT&T. With no -1 models anywhere to be found we are stuck sifting through models on the web and checking the several different versions of the -5 models because even those support different bands that may or my not get LTE in your area. I found one that works, bit I only get LTE in the city and when I travel LTE switches to 4G. It's really frustrating. I usually end of switching to my Z10 for travel but hate doing it because the battery life is miserable.
    03-09-14 07:56 AM
    I suspect Chen has something planned with the q20. Its actually going to.work right when he goes to carriers and. I'll be surprised if he doesn't ramp up the marketing for it. He said the carriers got tired of.half baked devices and the endless delays. Carriers want to see BlackBerry get it right first before they stick their necks out for them again. I don't think you people realize how badly BlackBerry treated them under the old regime.
    I must have missed something. When did Chen say this about his own company and BlackBerry devices?
    Can you provide a link for me/us to see this?
    Thanks!
    03-09-14 08:00 AM
    The only way I would want them to do that is if Blackberry started selling US models of their phones that supported US bands (which I don't understand why they don't do that now).

Trying to find the right Z30 unlocked for AT&T was like trying to solve a 10,000 price puzzle on which one might get LTE support for AT&T. With no -1 models anywhere to be found we are stuck sifting through models on the web and checking the several different versions of the -5 models because even those support different bands that may or my not get LTE in your area. I found one that works, bit I only get LTE in the city and when I travel LTE switches to 4G. It's really frustrating. I usually end of switching to my Z10 for travel but hate doing it because the battery life is miserable.
    Maybe that is all about limitations that the carriers themselves put upon the industry to differentiate each carrier from others?
    I'm sure BlackBerry could probably produce devices that support all radio bands, no? IDK.
    03-09-14 08:04 AM
    Maybe that is all about limitations that the carriers themselves put upon the industry to differentiate each carrier from others?
    I'm sure BlackBerry could probably produce devices that support all radio bands, no? IDK.
    Well the carriers have different LTE bands that they use. The phones work fine unlocked with every carrier (the Verizon model works fine with AT&T), there just isn't support for LTE, which is really nice to have.
    03-09-14 08:07 AM
    Well the carriers have different LTE bands that they use. The phones work fine unlocked with every carrier (the Verizon model works fine with AT&T), there just isn't support for LTE, which is really nice to have.
    So, this means that BlackBerry cannot produce devices that support all radio bands including various LTE reception?
    03-09-14 08:12 AM
    So, this means that BlackBerry cannot produce devices that support all radio bands including various LTE reception?
    Great question. I don't know the answer to that. I don't know if any manufacturer produces a device that supports all LTE bands. But I guess it would be possible. Someone else with more knowledge on radio antennas would have to chime in.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-09-14 08:14 AM
    I don't know OP. I just got vzw z30 and it has some issues. I tried installing a couple leaks and BBM will not work along with other issues. If BBRY pushed one of those updates to me I would be pissed. The issues I have now are more tolerable than not having one of BBRY's own apps not working.
    03-09-14 08:17 AM
    Hmmm. Personally I would trust an official update directly from BlackBerry than an install of a leak.
    After all, I always see a disclaimer about mishaps whenever a leak is posted on CrackBerry.
    However, I've never seen such a disclaimer for any official update.
    Matter of fact I always read that we should check for updates ASAP, and if not there it should filter down a bit later.
    But that's just what I've observed. YMMV.
    03-09-14 08:25 AM
    Hmmm. Personally I would trust an official update directly from BlackBerry than an install of a leak.
    After all, I always see a disclaimer about mishaps whenever a leak is posted on CrackBerry.
    However, I've never seen such a disclaimer for any official update.
    Matter of fact I always read that we should check for updates ASAP, and if not there it should filter down a bit later.
    But that's just what I've observed. YMMV.
    What if one of was an official for a different carrier?
    03-09-14 09:39 AM
43 12