I experienced the red X on the screen recently. I heard it's the battery problem and so, my dad bought an aftermarket battery. I had followed the instructions on how to decode the battery and all. When I tried to put the new aftermarket battery on my phone, it's still not working. Please please please help me. I don't know what to do anymore
    05-17-12 11:20 AM
    You should probably get an OEM battery.
    05-17-12 11:27 AM
    I've said a million times before, go OEM or don't bother. I have seen this with family BB's, where they have purchased "aftermarket" no name batteries for their phones; in every case, these copies either did not work at all, or died shortly thereafter.

I would remove the battery to avoid the potential of acid leaks and subsequent damage and pony up for the OEM battery.
    05-17-12 11:33 AM
    @alnamvet68 Totally agree. Aftermarket works good for the short while but then looses it's memory thereafter.
    05-17-12 03:06 PM
    Does this happen with any other battery besides the torch battery though? Like DX-1?
    05-17-12 07:12 PM
    ANY aftermarket knockoffs are bad news and wasting your money... stay with OEM's.
    05-17-12 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD