So guys, I had defected away from BB when the s..t hit the fan and I had decided that BB was not long for this world. The BB10 software was new and the Q10 just came out but not the Z30. Being the sort of obsessive phone person I am, I decided to pick up a Q10, Z10 and Z30 and upgrade all the software (official on the Z10, leaked on the other two). I am on Verizon. Oh, and I was one of those people that supported BB by purchasing a few Playbooks and preordering the Q10 and then felt embarrassed at myself for spending so much money on a company that stopped supporting the PB and looked like it was going to stop supporting their phones.

I am feeling pretty darn good about 10.2.1 and super pleased with how well the Snap app is working and all my downloaded Android apps are running great. So it looking like I may "defect" back from having gone over to Android. I tried iphone, but I hated the new interface and how restrictive the whole system is. I was using a HTC One for my Android fix for awhile and it is a beautiful phone. Really nicely built. The software is android, and it is very very flexible but along with that flexibility comes issues. For instance, it does not work well with my built in Bluetooth interface on my cars. The contact listing is screwed up royally and no one can fix that. I think it is just part of the reality that Android comes in so many flavors and shapes that you are bound to have issues. Not really major issues, but bothersome.

So to my problem: I have no idea which phone to use on a daily basis:

I love the physical keyboard of the Q, but honestly the screen is just too small. I am what you might call a mature adult and my eyes are not what they used to be, so... that might make one jump immediately to the Z30. And it is true, the size is great for my eyes, but the size is rather unweildly. It is easy enough to hold but I am going skiing for instance and carrying that phone around in my jacket pocket is cumbersome. The other issue about the Z30(and this is very personal) is that I simply think it is ugly. It looks cheap as though BB was trying to imitate to some extent Samsung's Galaxy phone. For a flagship phone, I find the Z30 to be disappointing with respect to the aesthetics of the phone. The Z10 seems to be the solution, larger than the Q, smaller than the Z30, but I am finding the Z10 to be ever so slightly small. Too close to the size of the iphone.

Hence my conundrum: I want to go back to BB, but not sure what phone to use. If only BB made a phone the size of the HTC One with the quality of construction of that phone. The Z10 is a good looking phone. Perhaps they could add 3/4-1" to its size?
    02-13-14 02:08 PM
    Well I don't think they are going to stretch the z10 for you. Had the z10, now the z30. Never looking back. Yes it is bigger and no its not ugly. Buy it for it is more powerful than the z10 and the battery is phenomenal. Can't go wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Playbook007; 02-13-14 at 04:53 PM.
    02-13-14 02:14 PM
    My girlfriend, who is a designer, does not think the Z30 is ugly. She calls it "masculine".
    02-13-14 02:27 PM
    In fact it is not that HTC is the perfect size, it is that the screen is a good size and you can live with the physical size of the phone. The Moto X is the same size as a Z10 but has a 4.7 inch screen which is the same size as the physically larger HTC one's screen. Think of the Moto X as a Z10 with the screen of a HTC one.

I am hoping that Foxconn can teach BlackBerry how to build a large screened phone with the physical size of a Z10. A Z30 mini as it were.
    02-13-14 02:30 PM
    So your problem is you own all 3 BlackBerry 10's but none of the 3 are just right for you? I have all 3 and believe each of them could be used as my everyday phone.

Seems like you've got some small issues. I've debated the same except size of Z10. For the Z10 I can't get enough battery. For the Q10, I feel like if you really like the physical keyboard than its the phone for you. If you need the bigger phone, I agree with most people that the Z30 is made well and looks aesthetically great. I think you should go with the Z30. It's just the beat of all world's, period. You'll get use to the extra size easily. I use the leather holster, but then again I'm in a business suit all week.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-13-14 02:32 PM
    My girlfriend, who is a designer, does not think the Z30 is ugly. She calls it "masculine".
    There is no doubt about it. The Iphones in white is probably the prettiest phone on the market. The Z30 seems like a business phone designed by guys for guys. Trouble is, the last time I checked, a lot of women buy phones.
    02-13-14 02:37 PM
    So guys, I had defected away from BB when the s..t hit the fan and I had decided that BB was not long for this world. The BB10 software was new and the Q10 just came out but not the Z30. Being the sort of obsessive phone person I am, I decided to pick up a Q10, Z10 and Z30 and upgrade all the software (official on the Z10, leaked on the other two). I am on Verizon. Oh, and I was one of those people that supported BB by purchasing a few Playbooks and preordering the Q10 and then felt embarrassed at myself for spending so much money on a company that stopped supporting the PB and looked like it was going to stop supporting their phones.

I am feeling pretty darn good about 10.2.1 and super pleased with how well the Snap app is working and all my downloaded Android apps are running great. So it looking like I may "defect" back from having gone over to Android. I tried iphone, but I hated the new interface and how restrictive the whole system is. I was using a HTC One for my Android fix for awhile and it is a beautiful phone. Really nicely built. The software is android, and it is very very flexible but along with that flexibility comes issues. For instance, it does not work well with my built in Bluetooth interface on my cars. The contact listing is screwed up royally and no one can fix that. I think it is just part of the reality that Android comes in so many flavors and shapes that you are bound to have issues. Not really major issues, but bothersome.

So to my problem: I have no idea which phone to use on a daily basis:

I love the physical keyboard of the Q, but honestly the screen is just too small. I am what you might call a mature adult and my eyes are not what they used to be, so... that might make one jump immediately to the Z30. And it is true, the size is great for my eyes, but the size is rather unweildly. It is easy enough to hold but I am going skiing for instance and carrying that phone around in my jacket pocket is cumbersome. The other issue about the Z30(and this is very personal) is that I simply think it is ugly. It looks cheap as though BB was trying to imitate to some extent Samsung's Galaxy phone. For a flagship phone, I find the Z30 to be disappointing with respect to the aesthetics of the phone. The Z10 seems to be the solution, larger than the Q, smaller than the Z30, but I am finding the Z10 to be ever so slightly small. Too close to the size of the iphone.

Hence my conundrum: I want to go back to BB, but not sure what phone to use. If only BB made a phone the size of the HTC One with the quality of construction of that phone. The Z10 is a good looking phone. Perhaps they could add 3/4-1" to its size?
    Yo man if you're that phone obsessed to buy all three then NONE of them will be your daily phone. You're going to switch your phone every few days depending on your needs wants and impulses. That's why you got 3. Luckily they're all amazing phones so you win 3 times!!!!

Posted via CB10
    angieberry10 likes this.
    02-13-14 02:48 PM
    Go get 9982 like Kevin.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 04:16 PM
    I second the P9982 suggestion. That's the phone I'm using. Solid build quality and just the right size

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 04:19 PM
    Never heard of it, I will look it up. Does it work on the Verizon network?
    02-13-14 04:25 PM
    There is no doubt about it. The Iphones in white is probably the prettiest phone on the market. The Z30 seems like a business phone designed by guys for guys. Trouble is, the last time I checked, a lot of women buy phones.
    I saw a young woman with a Z10 the other day, and I must say it is a nice accessory for a lady. It shows that she is confident, professional, and has a taste for the finer things.

That said, I think the Z30 is definitely a tough guy phone. It will kick the a** of any other device on the market right now, and it knows it.
    02-13-14 04:31 PM
    Want a bluetooth physical keyboard case like the typo for Z10 or the Z30?

Show your support on my thread! Let's try to get Blackberry to make a Blue Keyboard Case for BB10

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=904574

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 03:01 PM
    Roomie has a white 5s. Looks fugly Smh. The HTC one today looked cool. I was standing in front of a classroom right before my test and it caught my eye. It looked almost like my z10 and I think it's slightly better looking than the z10 but that's it. My z10 looks better than the 5s by far

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 06:45 PM
    I find the Z30 quite aesthetically pleasing once I bought it. Before buying and holding it in my hands, I was skeptical about how the front looked, as the thought the silver band looked cheapish.

Posted via my Z30.
    02-14-14 07:47 PM
    Just out of curiosity, what do people mean when they say that the iPhone is restrictive? Restrictive how? Just curious.
    02-15-14 12:22 AM
    with a "real" problem like this I'm not sure how you can even go on.... best just end it now........ /sarcasm
    02-15-14 02:15 AM
    To OP,
    If the only issue with the Q10 is size and sight.
    There are options for this problem, they call them glasses, contact lenses or laser treatment. You don't seem to be short of a few quid.

. ? all the way.

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    02-15-14 07:01 AM
    Just out of curiosity, what do people mean when they say that the iPhone is restrictive? Restrictive how? Just curious.
    Mate it never even supported flash. The entire OS Just feels caged in. Like very little room for modification. I'm not talking android here but for example if I download an update (this happened to me with ios5-->6) and I don't like it, I could find OS online of 5 and downgrade either way.

With apple, all hell will break trying to do that.

When I used to have an iPhone and ipod, after an upgrade to ios6 the battery life went awry and my gracious that thing was freezing. I had to type and look at the screen for the words to pop up 20 second later. Anyways it was clear my I products were not optimised to be able to run that OS efficiently and so I was stuck with a crappy experience. Things like that

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 08:23 AM