I have moved on. I decided since I have been waiting for BB10 I would give another OS a shot in the mean time........ I have moved to Windows because the love I have for Nokia. Camera is excellent but no Berry key. I don't type emails anymore, dam near impossible to type a paragraph, I miss half the calls and "texts" because I don't have my Blinking light. did I mention I can't set ringtones nor download them. I sometimes grab my 9900 and play with the keys, missing the GREAT times lol.... there is truly nothing like a BlackBerry. I need the freaking light and those dam keys. QWERTY over APPS any day I say.... Anyone else switched recently? lol like that's really a question
    07-20-12 12:43 AM
    There is a thread for those leaving blackberry. You should probably add to it rather than starting another.

Sent from my flip-phone.
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    07-20-12 01:07 AM
    You will probably get used to it. Or have to turn your ringer on indefinitely.
    07-20-12 09:59 AM
    Haven't left Blackberry - still have a Playbook. But am waiting for a BB OS10 device with phyisical keyboard.
    07-20-12 10:09 AM
    My phone has an LED and I really don't ever use it since it's so small. Adjusting to an all touch screen is way easier than people make it out to be. That's why BB made one as well.
    07-20-12 10:15 AM
    so if you're longing for your blackberry (demonstrated by the fact that you're felling it up, lol), why dont you switch back?
    07-20-12 10:16 AM
    My phone has an LED and I really don't ever use it since it's so small. Adjusting to an all touch screen is way easier than people make it out to be. That's why BB made one as well.
    That fair to say in YOUR situation. Please don't try to speak for everyone though. I hated it when I switched to an iPhone 4S and came back to my 9930 after 3 months. Based on that, I guess I can say that adjusting to an all touch screen is way harder than people make it out to be. That's why BB still makes keyboard phones.
    bobauckland likes this.
    07-20-12 11:42 AM
    That fair to say in YOUR situation. Please don't try to speak for everyone though. I hated it when I switched to an iPhone 4S and came back to my 9930 after 3 months. Based on that, I guess I can say that adjusting to an all touch screen is way harder than people make it out to be. That's why BB still makes keyboard phones.
    Some people make it out to be more painful than peeling off your own fingernails. If its harder than that, then WOW, I never want to have to experience that switch.
    07-20-12 11:55 AM
    Nope, Nadda, Never gonna switch.....their going to have to pry my BlackBerry from my cold dead hands.....period!
    Last edited by spencerdl; 07-20-12 at 12:06 PM.
    wendybeee likes this.
    07-20-12 12:02 PM
    Nope, Nadda, Never gonna switch.....their going to have to pry my BlackBerry from my cold dead hands.....period!
    You sound like me. I have never switched, 2 most people if they knew me would think I was crazy..... All BB questions come 2 me when there is an issue and people r shocked I have went to the dark side...
    07-20-12 12:22 PM
    ...conversely, it is NOT as easy for some as people make it out to be, which is why there will be a QWERTY BB10 also.
    07-20-12 12:41 PM
    As of today, the company I work at has approved the iPhone. So we now have a choice of a company paid BB or iPhone, or you can bring your own iPhone and install company software. So that's making a lot of people think twice about renewing a contract with BB.

I'm also waiting for BB10, but that might become much harder once I see what the iPhone 5 is all about. Nearly everyone in my hallway whose contract is coming up is going to go iPhone, I told a few that they should see what BB10 has to offer, and they looked at me with a glazed look--guess they don't keep up with BB news.

So I'm hanging in there for BB10, but let's just say that in Q4 when the iPhone supposedly rolls out, I better not hear any more news of a BB10 delay.
    07-20-12 01:04 PM
    07-20-12 01:29 PM
    I what you want is a keyboard and blinky light then the Bold is your device. Of all the BB features the blinky is the one I miss the most. Mine blinks at the bottom weakly is all.
    07-20-12 02:16 PM
    I'll most likely stay with Blackberry, Been with 'em
    Since the 8330 was hot stuff and while RIM
    Has been playing the "Flash Graphics" RSN game
    Since I can remember there are enough sites
    Adapted for mobile users now it's not as big a deal
    As it once was.
    07-20-12 11:38 PM
    Blackberry is the only phone that meets my requirements. Great communications capability and I can use it on international travel with no change in my usage.
    07-21-12 06:48 AM
    I think the General forum needs to renamed the "I'm leaving Blackberry and want everyone to know" forum. And the News and Rumors to "Bad News" it is 90% of the posts in each forum.
    07-21-12 07:32 AM
    I have moved on. I decided since I have been waiting for BB10 I would give another OS a shot in the mean time........ I have moved to Windows because the love I have for Nokia. Camera is excellent but no Berry key. I don't type emails anymore, dam near impossible to type a paragraph, I miss half the calls and "texts" because I don't have my Blinking light. did I mention I can't set ringtones nor download them. I sometimes grab my 9900 and play with the keys, missing the GREAT times lol.... there is truly nothing like a BlackBerry. I need the freaking light and those dam keys. QWERTY over APPS any day I say.... Anyone else switched recently? lol like that's really a question
    Switched to the Titan back in the fall and like it A LOT..awaiting BB10 too..will wait till nearer to end of next year, lest I get stuck with a half baked job like my PB..lol..as far as ringtones, you most certainly can assign them and also add them..just use Zune..google it..pretty simple... Right now my Mango phone works the best for ME and our MS centric environment.. But, once BB10 is fully deployed, I will come back
    07-21-12 08:44 AM
    ...conversely, it is NOT as easy for some as people make it out to be, which is why there will be a QWERTY BB10 also.
    Yes some folks will always have issues. Some have none. I am more of an "in between" person. I can manage. I have been using a Droid RAZR MAXX for about a month. I love the Bold 99xx keyboard. I also have a Torch 9850 that I like but stopped using because I dislike having to turn it to landscape mode to type. I just hate constantly rotating the phone and waiting on it, etc.

I was finding the RAZR equally frustrating *until* I installed Swift Key. This has made all the difference. I am now able to pretty much use the device as comfortably as I use my Bold 9930 and always in portrait mode. Swift Key manages to fix typing errors very reliably.
    07-21-12 04:07 PM
    Did you get a trial period to test out your phone before you are able to return it?

Is it the phone you hate, or the OS, or both?
    07-21-12 08:12 PM
    I switched to an iPhone 4 in April because my Blackberry fell from the stairs 3 stories high while I was texting. Love it so far but I do miss bbm so as soon as the all touch BB10 phone comes out, I'll be one of the first to jump on board. And also I was somewhat fine with the delay since my upgrade is in December. Can't wait till its out and also I could care less about the games because I'm not big on them anyways. I have so many my iPhone which I rarely play so that speaks for its self. And as for my entertainment needs, I have a 60" smart tv in the living room and an Xbox hooked to an 50" LED so I don't care for the apps. I just want an elegant OS backed up by some great hardware and hopefully RIM will deliver on the big day.
    07-22-12 01:16 AM
    I left feature phones after 6 yrs, been running a BlackBerry for the last 4, and also waiting on BB10
    07-22-12 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD