I work in a company, which about year ago started a trend – to move people away from corporate issued BB phones to BYOD. Our BES had horribly strict rules, therefore not many people like it. For this reason I always carried two phones – my personal phone (Bold 9780 before, then Z10, now Passport) and company issued Curve 9360. Curve is not bad - kinda work horse, but it's just my second device...

When company started to go for BYOD, I was told that software we use (Citrix) supports iOS and Android phones only. As it states on our company's web site:
    Only Android and iOS (Apple) devices are compatible. No other devices can use this service for now.
    – iOS: version 7.0 to 8.1
    – Android: version 2.3 to 5.0

All questions about BlackBerry – had the same answer – no, we do not support it. We might start to support windows phones (LOL) but no BBRY…
    Moreover, there was extenssive but not full list of NOT supported Android phone manufacturers, where most of them are cheap Chinese KinPows... and at least one well known Huawei.. lol

Well That was a pity, as I really wanted to use my Z10 and now my Passport. Just to have all benefits of BB10 without carrying another phone.
    Another problem was – that as soon as you enrol to BYOD scheme – your corporate device is taken away from you. For me it was a huge NO GO as I was not sure if I will manage to launch everything on my phone successfully. ANYHOW – yesterday I convince my IT guys to allow me to try to roll my Passport as Android Device and to test if it works – without giving back my corporate BB for some time. Well you know – if it will fail after one week.

So, firstly I have downloaded Citrix Worx Home via Snap (or Free Download Android APK GAMES & APPS for BlackBerry, BB – which is by the way – really nice website. Not sure how trustworthy it is, but looks good). It launched without any problems on my Passport (10.3.0.1418 – official os).
    I added the server address
    I have enrolled my Passport to Citrix XenMobile Managed BYOD - it works like a charm. Here's HOW:-worx_server.jpg
    Then followed the procedure, and added my username and password.
    I have enrolled my Passport to Citrix XenMobile Managed BYOD - it works like a charm. Here's HOW:-worx_username_pass.jpg
    Set up my PIN for Android environment (or something, huh) and got really nice message that my device has been enrolled.
    I have enrolled my Passport to Citrix XenMobile Managed BYOD - it works like a charm. Here's HOW:-enrolled.jpg
    So far so good. Now, when I launch the app (if needed) I see nice pic:
    I have enrolled my Passport to Citrix XenMobile Managed BYOD - it works like a charm. Here's HOW:-worx_working.jpg

Then I have added new email MS Exchange ActiveSync account to HUB. Added my user name with domain name, password, selected what to sync
    I have enrolled my Passport to Citrix XenMobile Managed BYOD - it works like a charm. Here's HOW:-accounts_saving.jpg
    I have enrolled my Passport to Citrix XenMobile Managed BYOD - it works like a charm. Here's HOW:-mail_accounts_check.jpg

And it works! Voila! it is in my Hub as another email account! Contacts - shown in my BB10 contacts app, calendar is synced as well. Just as any other Gmail, Outlook.com or any other email acocunt.

Officially not supported device/OS works like a charm. Interestingly the BYOD admin panel shows that the device I have is "Passport", OS – Android.

So Here, I just wanted to share my joy and experience in BYOD enrolment (I still believe it’s not the best thing, of course) for my BB10 device on Citrix managed BYOD environment.
    Hopefully it will be useful for some people.

P.S. it should work exactly the same on other BB10 devices.
    Last edited by yessuz; 09-08-16 at 05:48 PM.
    12-12-14 03:43 AM
    Thx. for sharing.

Does the MDM profile configure the built-in mail (HUB) or do they use WorxMail?
    12-12-14 04:34 AM
    Thx. for sharing.

Does the MDM profile configure the built-in mail (HUB) or do they use WorxMail?
    My email is set up in the built in mail client with Hub. Just Updated the OP.
    So all my emails, contacts, calendar - everything is built in and native, as it would be with gmail, or any other service.
    12-12-14 04:35 AM
    Interesting. BlackBerry must have mapped some Android APIs for MDM to BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 04:31 PM
    Any chance Balance can work with that setup or must it be via BES 10-12?

What about Good Mobile for BlackBerry 10's?

This Passport takes me places!
    12-12-14 07:23 PM
    BlackBerry did share APIs with a number of MDM providers months ago, so at some point we might see BlackBerry Balance without BES.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 12:38 AM
    I believe that you need to have bes-12/10 for balance to work

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by yessuz; 12-13-14 at 05:22 AM.
    12-13-14 04:34 AM
    What about getting Good MDM operating on bbOS 10 devices? My company runs Good and the compatibility list excludes all BlackBerry phones.

Thx.

12-13-14 11:48 AM
    12-13-14 12:19 PM
    That's weird that your citrix didn't support Bb10. When I my company used it several of us had a citrix dashboard on our Z10's fully functional and available in BB World.
    12-13-14 12:46 PM
    That's weird that your citrix didn't support Bb10. When I my company used it several of us had a citrix dashboard on our Z10's fully functional and available in BB World.
    Citrix most probably supports (as it is documented). my it dept is not buying licence as far as I understand, therefore - no support...
    Also they do not have some app developed... well that's what I have been told all the time when asked about BlackBerry support

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 02:07 PM
    My company is very security concerned, high stacks intellectual property and health care data handling, etc. Yet, we are forced to use company provided iphone or now byod, all over Good MDM, and BlackBerry phones not permitted.
    Messed up or what?

12-13-14 03:44 PM
    Hi,

I also installed and configured worx home and the underlying apps on my bb passport but when I launch them, I get the error: "This device does not support encryption features required by the application"

Any idea of what is going on or missing?

Thx.
    03-15-15 11:19 AM
    What about getting Good MDM operating on bbOS 10 devices? My company runs Good and the compatibility list excludes all BlackBerry phones.

Thx.

GOOD works just fine on Passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 11:54 AM
    I do not need citrix worx to be launched...

So sorry, cannot comment. I ust get emails, calendars,address book, etc...
    03-27-15 05:32 AM
    Hi,

I also installed and configured worx home and the underlying apps on my bb passport but when I launch them, I get the error: "This device does not support encryption features required by the application"

Any idea of what is going on or missing?

Thx.
    sorry. I have no idea. I have followed manual provided by my IT dep.
    04-09-15 06:35 AM
    I'm getting the same error.

I was all excited to see it work. Especially since I got the Play Store to work.

This is when I run any of the Worx apps, that is. Worx Home itself starts up fine.
    Last edited by jontss; 09-15-15 at 06:18 PM.
    09-15-15 04:36 PM
    Hi, appreciate this thread is a bit old but just wondered if anyone managed to resolve the issue of 'This device does not support encryption features required by the application' ?
    Recently purchased a Passport Silver Edition and was hopeful to run Worx company email, but no luck.
    Any advice much appreciated. :-)
    03-12-16 07:45 AM
    I installed Citrix Worx home and WorxMail a year ago due to the fact that one of the hospitals I work at implemented it for their employees and other physicians. I remember having to do a soft reset of my Passport (running up to date OS) to get it fully loaded and working. I can't say I am real happy with it as it gives me a different (audible, not the flashing light) notification and then I have to log in to read my emails unlike my four other email accounts which go into my Hub. In addition the Worx Home was a memory and battery hog but fortunately after deleting it I still have the WorxMail app and it still works. No pun intended. Anyway, unfortunately aside from trying the reset I don't have any other ideas about the error message. But it is possible to run this program on a BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 08:59 AM
    My company is very security concerned, high stacks intellectual property and health care data handling, etc. Yet, we are forced to use company provided iphone or now byod, all over Good MDM, and BlackBerry phones not permitted.
    Messed up or what?

You can use the Android Good app and get it to work without a problem, however, it isn't pretty.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 10:06 AM
    Hi all, my company was using lotus traveler but now they are switching to citrix secure hub. I downloaded the App via android playstore on my passport, enrolled the device and logged in with my company provided id and password, but I couldn't find the associated applications like Worxmail and worxweb etc. It just shows a blank page. My IT team is clueless...they are saying because android runtime version is 4.3 that's why the error, but here in this forum I see ppl are using the App. Need some guidance on this.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 08:01 AM
    my company use exchange for email.
    therefore I set it as just simple email account in the hub...
    12-15-16 08:29 AM
    Hi all, my company was using lotus traveler but now they are switching to citrix secure hub. I downloaded the App via android playstore on my passport, enrolled the device and logged in with my company provided id and password, but I couldn't find the associated applications like Worxmail and worxweb etc. It just shows a blank page. My IT team is clueless...they are saying because android runtime version is 4.3 that's why the error, but here in this forum I see ppl are using the App. Need some guidance on this.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry it needs at least 4.4, you can't find them because the Playstore only shows compatible apps with your device
    https://docs.citrix.com/zh-tw/worx-m...x-web-sys-reqs
    12-15-16 10:44 AM