In that dream, Intel and Oracle buy Research in Motion. Intel puts their new mobile processors under the hood and Oracle combines the greatness of Oracle with QNX. Intel and Oracle are both flagship companies with lots of money.

Oracle considered buying Research in Motion and BlackBerry.

Imagine a Intel/Oracle lead BlackBerry smart phone. Not only do you have a serious smart phone contender, you are blowing up the playing field, sending everyone for cover.

That is my simple BlackBerry Dream
    morganplus8 likes this.
    04-20-12 11:18 PM
    In that dream, Intel and Oracle buy Research in Motion. Intel puts their new mobile processors under the hood and Oracle combines the greatness of Oracle with QNX. Intel and Oracle are both flagship companies with lots of money.

Oracle considered buying Research in Motion and BlackBerry.

Imagine a Intel/Oracle lead BlackBerry smart phone. Not only do you have a serious smart phone contender, you are blowing up the playing field, sending everyone for cover.

That is my simple BlackBerry Dream
    let rim try on its own first ...

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    themaestroking likes this.
    04-20-12 11:39 PM
    If Intel owned RIM, it'd feel like I'm using a Dell instead of a BB, not that there's anything wrong with that.

I kinda like how BB has become the distant third (or even 4th option now with WP on the rise), reminds me of the days of dark rooms, bright computer screens, cheetos, soda, IRC chatrooms, and linux. BB just has that sorta weird unpopular edge to it.
    04-21-12 12:05 AM
    The "greatness of Oracle"? I know it was 4/20, but jeez...
    04-21-12 06:17 AM
    The "greatness of Oracle"? I know it was 4/20, but jeez...
    Yeah i'm still trying to figure out what the "Greatness of Oracle" would bring besides per-core licensing charges.
    04-21-12 07:46 AM
    Oracle would drag us back into Java.
    Intel is still scrambling to catch up in the mobile device chips department.
    The marriage would not be ideal.
    04-21-12 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD