i dont know why those RIM officials ad partners used current devices to demo BB10 OS [No! CB team didn't do it]. anyway the point is, I BLOODY HAVE THAT "BLACKBERRY 10" PHONE!

Original image

crazy right? it's the pic i've used on my Torch 9860 review
    02-14-12 08:23 AM
    It was clear from the images that the screens are photoshopped for the user to get a feel of what the OS would look like, and the hardware was to be ignored
    02-14-12 08:29 AM
    It was clear from the images that the screens are photoshopped for the user to get a feel of what the OS would look like, and the hardware was to be ignored
    thats obvious they did. stupidity stuff. or atleast clicked some good pics than mine here lol
    02-14-12 08:31 AM
    How do we know that you didn't just PhotoShop in the leafy background and add more hand?

Seriously though...what deRusett said.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    02-14-12 08:35 AM
    haha... yeah i edited
    02-14-12 08:39 AM
    nicely Photoshoped but i am hoping rim will not make mistake of creating another iphone wannabee. This will be disaster.
    02-14-12 08:49 AM
    if you look at the bottom of the screen on the BB10 device, you will see a phone logo next to the search and camera which leads me to believe that the new BB 10 phones will be "button-less"
    02-14-12 08:56 AM
    Back in devcon americas, one of dev asked for swiping gesture use for 3rd party apps and one of official replied that all swipes are natively built for certain tasks. Even the right bottom which will be a swipe-up caller pad for phones. <--- this idea is much better than icon placement.
    02-14-12 09:01 AM
    i dont know why those RIM officials ad partners used current devices to demo BB10 OS [No! CB team didn't do it]. anyway the point is, I BLOODY HAVE THAT "BLACKBERRY 10" PHONE!

Click to view quoted image

Original image

Click to view quoted image

crazy right? it's the pic i've used on my Torch 9860 review
    shahriyar, did you take these photos yourself? As in, are they your property? If so did you upload them to any site that allows others to use your photos without written consent? If you haven't I've got to say this is an amateur mistake for any 'ad agency' to make and would further my opinion that the pdf Kevin recieved is a fake.
    02-14-12 11:38 AM
    It's BBin (my) review pictures. Link to article : Review: BlackBerry Torch 9860 | BBin

And about ad agency, no comments
    02-14-12 11:46 AM
    It's BBin (my) review pictures. Link to article : Review: BlackBerry Torch 9860 | BBin

And about ad agency, no comments
    So just to be absolutely clear, you own the pictures, but you are not willing to say if the ad agency kevin mentioned contacted you to use your photos or not?

If you signed an nda that's reasonable, but please don't spread speculation if you have not given any consent for your photograph to be used.

Edit: Not trying to be rude, just trying to figure out if Kevin's source was reliable or not. Currently I believe its a hoax.
    02-14-12 12:24 PM
    Siri says na uh
    02-14-12 12:26 PM
    They don't want to show the hardware
    02-14-12 12:28 PM
    You could be a hand model, like George Costanza...
    shahriyar likes this.
    02-14-12 12:33 PM
    @PlayBookUserMT : well I'm not willing or digging anything here. Just sharing what happened. About agency, yes they haven't reach me

@ewakil : thanks for clearing that
    PlayBookUserMT likes this.
    02-14-12 12:34 PM

omg i thought i was actually going to see a bb10 device
    Last edited by phoreoneone; 02-15-12 at 02:59 PM.
    hondateg91 likes this.
    02-15-12 02:56 PM
    looking at the two pics, you can see the ad agency did a horrible job of cutting out the phone and hand from the original image. and its a marketing pdf. that doesnt mean the screens shown were actual screens. but there was already a thread referencing bb10 as a windows phone based on the pics. cmon sheeple. do you really believe everything thrown at you? perfect example: pb os 2.0 release date.
    02-15-12 03:26 PM
    Edit: Not trying to be rude, just trying to figure out if Kevin's source was reliable or not. Currently I believe its a hoax.
    Ad agencies use mock-ups in almost all commercials. You'll often see a disclaimer that images are simulated or something to that effect. A screen just doesn't look good on camera, especially video. And from the context, these look more like sample ideas, not final proofs for an ad. It's just showing the concept. "Here's what an ad might look like."
    02-15-12 03:33 PM
    Ad agencies use mock-ups in almost all commercials. You'll often see a disclaimer that images are simulated or something to that effect. A screen just doesn't look good on camera, especially video. And from the context, these look more like sample ideas, not final proofs for an ad. It's just showing the concept. "Here's what an ad might look like."
    I'm aware of that. The images in commercials are simulated because screens often show up with lines on them when filmed and its better to represent a product with a crsip clear screen. In those cases though, the screen is a high quality image and normally a screenshot/video of the actual software.

I know the context Kevin presented them in. However when a company the size of RIM decides to outsource graphic design, the designer will use programs to create professional renderings, or submit hand done (or tablet done) sketches of their advertisement concept. The images submitted are images I could have put together on paint, and done a much better job of if I knew how to use photoshop. They're just too poorly done for me to believe they are from a company holding a professional contract.

Edit: I think Kevin may have rethought the reliability of the pdf document he received. No further details have been exposed from the document, and after many people have asked for a full version he has chosen not to upload one yet. (Obviously I can't talk for him, this is just my opinion)
    Last edited by PlayBookUserMT; 02-15-12 at 06:32 PM.
    02-15-12 06:28 PM
    These aren't the sample pics for an ad. It's more like a story board, a rough sketch or an outline. Grab an image of current BB, slap a quick mockup of BB10. The detail you are expecting will be done when they are actually producing ads.
    02-15-12 06:34 PM
    I mentioned doing a hand sketch or a sketch using a tablet. Doing that would be more suitable for a story board than what was presented. When you're looking for a contract from a business the size of RIM, you don't really cheap out and use MS paint.
    02-15-12 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD