02-26-16 08:12 AM
    Same here. In fact I was just talking about this maybe a week ago.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-16 08:32 AM
    Looks nice but until windows 10 starts getting app support you're in the same position if not worse than bb10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-26-16 08:33 AM
    Looks nice but until windows 10 starts getting app support you're in the same position if not worse than bb10
    When Windows 10 pro is running on a phone like this, the app gap will quickly cease to be an issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-16 08:43 AM
    Looks a lot like the Z30.

Also, this concept has been tried many times before. Wasn't too successful before, let's see how this one goes.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-16 09:06 AM
    Actually, I cannot find another (outside of Ubuntu who is also developing this concept) who has tried this
    02-26-16 10:42 AM
    I admit very impressive. As someone who has had every windows mobile version since 6.0 I have to say this may be what microsoft desperately needed to stay viable in mobile.

I only wish they had partnered with blackberry in some way and brought over some of those elements to windows 10. They did away with there metro design anyway.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-16 11:00 AM
    Actually, I cannot find another (outside of Ubuntu who is also developing this concept) who has tried this

http://www.cnet.com/news/how-does-th...ith-a-laptop/#!

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/12/asus-padfone-review/

Very old concept, guessing you didn't look to hard. Or we're focusing on different aspects of this.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-16 03:08 PM
    When Windows 10 pro is running on a phone like this, the app gap will quickly cease to be an issue.

Posted via CB10
    Depends on what you want... a business phone, or a device capable of running most any app that other smartphone users have.

I love being able to open real Windows programs on my Tablet.... but social apps, they aren't updated very often. And in my field of work, there are some Aps that can do what programs do... for a lot less money. The program to do some engineering calculation cost us about $400 per user per year, the app that does the same is about $10 for life.....

There is a RTS game I play every now and then.... iOS and Android get updates every couple of months. Windows it's more like twice a year, and the user base is much, much smaller.

But full office, and a few other programs.... I probably will go with a Surface for my next tablet. But I'm not convinced that I'd want a Windows phone - even if it is the Surface Phone.
    02-26-16 03:22 PM
    this concept has been tried many times before. Wasn't too successful before
    apparently not successful because phones were not powerfull enough as today
    02-26-16 05:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think this is true. This is intel's job though. They need to make a chip that's power efficient enough for a phone but powerful enough for Windows 10

Blackberry Z10 was the beginning. The Z30 is my upgrade
    02-26-16 07:20 PM
    Yes. That's what blackberry started in February 2013 with z10 dock and using external monitors and keyboard, extended with Blend but never finished because they moved to android and consumer datamining devices instead of mobile computing for business and professionals.
    02-26-16 09:29 PM
    I think this is true. This is intel's job though. They need to make a chip that's power efficient enough for a phone but powerful enough for Windows 10

They are using Qualcomm not Intel chips precisely to save power because the ARM architecture is better for low power.

On the other hand, my Macbook 12 inch uses a 14nm finFET Intel processor and gets extremely hot as I am streaming CBC's the National live in Australia. If I do the same on my Passport, the phone does not get as hot and the battery lasts longer.
    02-26-16 09:35 PM

Exactly true, but by all accounts they are working on it hard. That's why I think we're a couple of years away.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 12:46 AM
    So true....
    02-28-16 12:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nope, it still will be on solve the app issue.

1. Even if you have a full windows running on your phone, the programs on it would not necessarily be suited for a 5 inch smartphone. Full windows programs already become too small on the current 7 and 8 inch Windows tablets. It would be even worse on a 5 inch phone screen.

2. Some apps such as Smart wearables, fitness tracking, and mobile messaging cannot be replaced by programs.

So no, full windows would be nice to have a phone, but apps would still be needed.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 02:13 AM
    Nope, it still will be on solve the app issue.

1. Even if you have a full windows running on your phone, the programs on it would not necessarily be suited for a 5 inch smartphone. Full windows programs already become too small on the current 7 and 8 inch Windows tablets. It would be even worse on a 5 inch phone screen.

2. Some apps such as Smart wearables, fitness tracking, and mobile messaging cannot be replaced by programs.

So no, full windows would be nice to have a phone, but apps would still be needed.

Posted via CB10
    I'm quite sure that developers will be able to scale the UI for different resolutions and screen sizes. That's relatively trivial once the market exists.

Most mobile apps are just a UI for interacting with a database. The OS doesn't really matter.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 10:59 AM
    I'm quite sure that developers will be able to scale the UI for different resolutions and screen sizes. That's relatively trivial once the market exists.

Most mobile apps are just a UI for interacting with a database. The OS doesn't really matter.

Posted via CB10
    Again, 7/8 inch windows tablets have been out for sometime now, but they still have not figured out how to scale for the small screen.

And smartwatches, fitness trackers, and other smartwares need to be connected somehow. It is unreasonable to think that they will develop full windows programs for these, when they have not even created Windows mobile apps for these either.
    02-28-16 11:22 AM
    This device does look REALLY appealing. It almost makes me regret dropping over 700$ on my Priv, seeing as it doesn't even run an OS I love. I like windows 10 and the hardware on this phone looks truly amazing

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-28-16 06:44 PM