Apple stores are like modern cult shrines.

Cool people just congregate there and stand with their mouths open, worshipping and venerating the Holy Macintoshes.

Slap an Apple logo on it and you can sell it for twice as much!
    Seems strange to poke fun at Apple's cult-like following, on a forum called Crackberry lol.

Posted via CB10
    Eric Ton, TgeekB, MikeX74 and 2 others like this.
    07-06-16 05:52 PM
    Seems strange to poke fun at Apple's cult-like following, on a forum called Crackberry lol.

Posted via CB10
    It's true though. That's what Apple stores are like.
    07-06-16 05:59 PM
    Lol. Okay.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    07-06-16 06:07 PM
    Yes, nothing cult like about "Crackberry". Addictive and fun lol

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 06:09 PM
    And if Blackberry had something similar everyone here would be hanging out there and think it's the greatest.
    07-06-16 08:03 PM
    I dunno, I was actually in an Apple store once and all I saw was wall-to-wall people forking over fistfulls of cash. No slack-jawed cultists in sight.
    TgeekB, JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    07-06-16 08:14 PM
    I don't know. Why do people hang out anywhere? Bars, coffee shops, the library, I guess we all have places that we like.
    It was smart by Apple, that's for sure.
    Lots of people in our local Microsoft store too ... even though I did not see any phones on display.
    wilber1 and techvisor like this.
    07-06-16 08:53 PM
    I dunno, I was actually in an Apple store once and all I saw was wall-to-wall people forking over fistfulls of cash. No slack-jawed cultists in sight.
    Cults are well known for milking money out of the 'faithful'.

Apple is a cult.
    07-07-16 07:32 AM
    And if Blackberry had something similar everyone here would be hanging out there and think it's the greatest.
    Nope ...
    07-07-16 07:33 AM

Apple is a cult.
    If milking the faithful is an indication of a "cult", BlackBerry is one in spades......
    07-07-16 07:52 AM

Apple is a cult.
    Clearly.

I mean, it's simply not possible for a company to produce products that people want & enjoy using.
    JeepBB and TGR1 like this.
    07-07-16 11:14 AM
    Clearly.

I mean, it's simply not possible for a company to produce products that people want & enjoy using.
    He doesn't have any experience in a company doing that... it's beyond his "belief system".
    StephanieMaks and JeepBB like this.
    07-07-16 11:27 AM
    If milking the faithful is an indication of a "cult", BlackBerry is one in spades......
    Au contraire.

And I can tell by the chilly atmosphere in this thread that there are many Mac users present, who are mortally offended by my blasphemies.
    07-07-16 12:03 PM
    Lots of people in our local Microsoft store too ... even though I did not see any phones on display.
    Sure, it's called fun. Some people like to have fun.
    07-07-16 03:22 PM
    Nope ...
    Yes they would. Were you around in Blackberrys glory days? If you had been you would understand.
    07-07-16 03:24 PM
    Au contraire.

And I can tell by the chilly atmosphere in this thread that there are many Mac users present, who are mortally offended by my blasphemies.
    I don't think people were necessarily offended. I think the cult reference comes off a bit hollow and hypocritical considering that BlackBerry used to have what you'd consider a cult-like following. They, like myself, wonder, if BlackBerry had the loyal customer base that Apple does, if you and others would be as inclined to label it a cult.
    07-07-16 09:55 PM
    I don't think people were necessarily offended. I think the cult reference comes off a bit hollow and hypocritical considering that BlackBerry used to have what you'd consider a cult-like following. They, like myself, wonder, if BlackBerry had the loyal customer base that Apple does, if you and others would be as inclined to label it a cult.
    That's a negative for me because a) I am intensely critical of BlackBerry whenever they screw up, which is most of the time and b) I stick only to their products because no one else makes decent PKB devices.

Apple lovers do NOT criticize Apple under ANY circumstances and believe the hype. They hand over money for overpriced stuff that can be had cheaper under different brands.

I'll consider ditching BlackBerry in a heartbeat if another company makes high-quality PKB devices to rival them. So far, nobody has. But there's not a single Apple product that is superior or unique to everything else in the market. Hence, I never buy an Apple product.
    07-08-16 02:01 PM
    That's a negative for me because a) I am intensely critical of BlackBerry whenever they screw up, which is most of the time and b) I stick only to their products because no one else makes decent PKB devices.

Apple lovers do NOT criticize Apple under ANY circumstances and believe the hype. They hand over money for overpriced stuff that can be had cheaper under different brands.

I'll consider ditching BlackBerry in a heartbeat if another company makes high-quality PKB devices to rival them. So far, nobody has. But there's not a single Apple product that is superior or unique to everything else in the market. Hence, I never buy an Apple product.
    If you don't think Apple users ever criticize the company, read the posts in The Verge's Apple forum.
    TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    07-08-16 02:05 PM
    I LOLed at this. Then I thought you might be being sarcastic, I'm not sure.

Anyhow, it is of course an exact parallel to the way some BB zealots here treat their beloved device manufacturer.

Are there people who 'love' Apple? Of course. Is everyone who use Apple products fanatical about them? Of course not.

Same as with any brand / device / OS. You've got your zealots, and your haters, and then you have the much larger category: everybody else.
    DrBoomBotz, TgeekB, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    07-08-16 02:07 PM
    Hmm, got to disagree with you there.
    07-08-16 02:11 PM
    Hmm, got to disagree with you there.
    I hate to say this....but..........................-maxresdefault.jpg

Now that is funny.
    Or maybe you are being sarcastic.
    Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 07-08-16 at 05:27 PM.
    07-08-16 02:15 PM
    I LOLed at this. Then I thought you might be being sarcastic, I'm not sure.

Anyhow, it is of course an exact parallel to the way some BB zealots here treat their beloved device manufacturer.

Are there people who 'love' Apple? Of course. Is everyone who use Apple products fanatical about them? Of course not.

Same as with any brand / device / OS. You've got your zealots, and your haters, and then you have the much larger category: everybody else.
    You mean the ones that search out the polls on sites that allow you to vote for THE BEST PHONE and they all rush to vote and what how they can beat the iPhone or any other phone in a poll.... while most of the other device users that even bother to look at the poll comment "BlackBerry still makes phones?".
    07-08-16 02:34 PM
    Who here uses Apple products? In particular, those who have responded to my posts.
    07-08-16 02:58 PM
    Now that is funny.
    Or maybe you are being sarcastic.
    It's extremely funny and I think he's serious.
    07-08-16 02:58 PM
    Who here uses Apple products? In particular, those who have responded to my posts.
    Don't feed the trolls lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 03:29 PM
83 1234