I'm maybe a bit jaded, but I see a crowd of people in an Apple store just "hanging out" and I find that perhaps even more sad.

Tell me about it. I bought an Atari Jaguar and still remember the infomercial. "64-bits!"... BlackBerry hasn't quite sunk to that level yet thankfully!

Posted via CB10
    The Apple Store is a place for Apple product users to get advice, play with devices, and get instant help with any issues they may have. With Blackberry you get none of that. It's the experience people enjoy. Not sad, but highly intelligent from Apple.
    07-05-16 04:20 PM
    While I don't necc. disagree with you, if there was lots of people there.. you wouldn't see the kiosk anyway, which was the point of the photo. If there were 3 people standing in front, you wouldn't see what was being offered lol. Plus, as I noted on the BerryFlow podcast, it's kinda rude to go snapping pics of a bunch of random people. We weren't there to take the photos as 'media' which would make it more acceptable, Alicia just stopped by on her way home from work.
    I run a booth every year at a venue that has multiple thousands of attendees and our booth is often so crowded that people have to wait outside or come back later. Food product. But there are periods of time during each day where there are no customers there at all. And that is when we usually take photos of the booth, with one worker in it. That way people see what we have and not the backs of people's heads.

Posted with my PRIV via the CrackBerry App for Android
    BeautyEh likes this.
    07-05-16 05:21 PM
    I hate to say this....but..........................-imageuploadedbycb-forums1467758391.417471.jpgas long as I can still get these,the withdrawal symptoms won't be so bad.
    anon(9742832) and tinochiko like this.
    07-05-16 05:40 PM
    The Apple Store is a place for Apple product users to get advice, play with devices, and get instant help with any issues they may have. With Blackberry you get none of that. It's the experience people enjoy. Not sad, but highly intelligent from Apple.
    Definitely smart by Apple, just seems a bit strange to me that people go "hang out" at an Apple store (yes, I know some are getting advice, but most from my observations over countless coffee breaks are not). Of course, BB would certainly be envious to be in that position.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 05:46 PM
    Definitely smart by Apple, just seems a bit strange to me that people go "hang out" at an Apple store (yes, I know some are getting advice, but most from my observations over countless coffee breaks are not). Of course, BB would certainly be envious to be in that position.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know. Why do people hang out anywhere? Bars, coffee shops, the library, I guess we all have places that we like.
    It was smart by Apple, that's for sure.
    anon(9742832) and techvisor like this.
    07-05-16 05:52 PM
    While I don't necc. disagree with you, if there was lots of people there.. you wouldn't see the kiosk anyway, which was the point of the photo. If there were 3 people standing in front, you wouldn't see what was being offered lol. Plus, as I noted on the BerryFlow podcast, it's kinda rude to go snapping pics of a bunch of random people. We weren't there to take the photos as 'media' which would make it more acceptable, Alicia just stopped by on her way home from work.
    I have no doubt and it was not a criticism of Crackberry, it was just bad optics.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    07-05-16 06:48 PM
    Looks consistent with everything else that has been going on with BlackBerry's hardware division.

Posted via CB10
    LMAO just like their software is slowly ending up in the app store as well
    07-05-16 06:57 PM
    I have no doubt and it was not a criticism of Crackberry, it was just bad optics.
    Figured as much anyway, just wanted to add additional context for this particular case.
    BeautyEh likes this.
    07-05-16 07:21 PM
    Figured as much anyway, just wanted to add additional context for this particular case.
    On another note, thank you for running this forum. I have learned many things and people are very fast to help. My IT guys laugh at me because I am late to the game with side loading and such. But this site made it all possible.

On second thought maybe it was not that good as this site is addictive......lol.

Woof!

Thank you again.
    BeautyEh, Bla1ze and techvisor like this.
    07-05-16 07:34 PM
    It looks like a guy posing for a picture before it opened officially. You guys seem to have been traumatized by BlackBerry or something, so negative n sad.
    I think that people are angry or miffed for a number of reasons. Probably all of them valid.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 07:41 PM
    Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 07:45 PM
    For what it's worth, three potential buyers came to the pop up store in the time I was there - one old couple just looking, one younger guy just browsing and my friend who bought a spare charger for his older BlackBerry.

The Mall was kinda busy for 4th July lunchtime but not sure how it would normally look on a normal work day.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 07:49 PM
    I must say a picture is worth a thousand words. This shot looks terrible.......................get some people looking at product. It looks like the poor guy is not only alone but wondering where every one went.
    It was just a picture taken to show us what the display looks like. It's not a BlackBerry ad.
    07-05-16 07:54 PM
    It was just a picture taken to show us what the display looks like. It's not a BlackBerry ad.
    You missed the whole point , I have never seen so many people with tight shorts. The whole thing is not important. But it just looked bad that's it, this horse left the barn years ago.
    07-05-16 08:51 PM
    For what it's worth, three potential buyers came to the pop up store in the time I was there - one old couple just looking, one younger guy just browsing and my friend who bought a spare charger for his older BlackBerry.

The Mall was kinda busy for 4th July lunchtime but not sure how it would normally look on a normal work day.

Posted via CB10
    Who cares the picture itself looked bad that's all. BlackBerry destroyed itself long before this happened,
    07-05-16 08:52 PM
    Who cares the picture itself looked bad that's all. BlackBerry destroyed itself long before this happened,
    A well known quote: A picture is worth a thousand words!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 09:53 PM
    Something similar happened to me in France. BlackBerry had a stand in a tech store here and the young gentleman representing BlackBerry -with an Android in his back pocket- was explaining that the Passport didn't have a slot for a micro SD card and that 32go was more than enough memory once coupled with cloud storage...

Posted via CB10
    No vetting or thought police check when hiring...? ;-P

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    07-05-16 11:29 PM
    You do realize that "going in" means standing in that six-foot-wide space where the phones are displayed, right? It's a kiosk in a mall.
    Yes! And trying desperately to show others that humans still use these devices, haha.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 12:34 AM
    Wow ! Nice Liquidation Centre for Chenny Free sticker pack with every Classic you buy .
    Last edited by wilber1; 07-06-16 at 06:13 AM.
    cribble2k and techvisor like this.
    07-06-16 05:45 AM
    All we need is someone to take a picture of several people standing in line to purchase devices and this argument will be over.
    07-06-16 03:59 PM
    All we need is someone to take a picture of several people standing in line to purchase devices and this argument will be over.
    Lol. Good luck with that.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    07-06-16 04:12 PM
    Lol. Good luck with that.

Posted via CB10
    A Pop-up Flash MOB is what we need....!!!! :-D

07-06-16 04:57 PM
    A Pop-up Flash MOB is what we need....!!!! :-D

BlackBerry should patent � (c) (R) that.... haha! :-)

07-06-16 04:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Apple stores are like modern cult shrines.

Cool people just congregate there and stand with their mouths open, worshipping and venerating the Holy Macintoshes.

Slap an Apple logo on it and you can sell it for twice as much!
    07-06-16 05:30 PM
    Wow ! Nice Liquidation Centre for Chenny Free sticker pack with every Classic you buy .
    lol, that's really mean.
    07-06-16 05:31 PM
83 1234