I must say a picture is worth a thousand words. This shot looks terrible.......................get some people looking at product. It looks like the poor guy is not only alone but wondering where every one went.
    Attached Thumbnails I hate to say this....but..........................-kiosk-1.jpg  
    07-04-16 06:35 AM
    I must say a picture is worth a thousand words. This shot looks terrible.......................get some people looking at product. It looks like the poor guy is not only alone but wondering where every one went.
    Looks consistent with everything else that has been going on with BlackBerry's hardware division.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 07:39 AM
    It's actually kind of sad. To see a company that once led the industry and now has to do this. It reminds me of a homeless person on the street holding out a tin cup for change.
    07-04-16 07:44 AM
    Woof!!
    07-04-16 07:44 AM
    I'd still like to go in it, it looks cool.
    07-04-16 09:12 AM
    It does, if you report back let us know how secluded it was/looks. Might make a great vacation spot.....LOL
    skinnymike1 and andy957 like this.
    07-04-16 09:50 AM
    It does, if you report back let us know how secluded it was/looks. Might make a great vacation spot.....LOL
    Lol
    07-04-16 09:54 AM
    You do realize that "going in" means standing in that six-foot-wide space where the phones are displayed, right? It's a kiosk in a mall.
    Deckard79 likes this.
    07-04-16 04:21 PM
    You do realize that "going in" means standing in that six-foot-wide space where the phones are displayed, right? It's a kiosk in a mall.
    Lol, I guess I'd like to stand in front of it then.
    07-04-16 04:47 PM
    Look at that elbow room.

07-04-16 04:47 PM
    Couldn't that have been placed in Times Square or something....?

;-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    07-04-16 05:03 PM
    Make sure you take a selfie!
    07-04-16 05:17 PM
    As long as it's not six foot deep... ;-P

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    07-05-16 12:19 AM
    It looks like a guy posing for a picture before it opened officially. You guys seem to have been traumatized by BlackBerry or something, so negative n sad.
    07-05-16 12:57 AM

Hi Donnation,

I was wondering if you could do the CB community a favor if you do go.

Could you post the pricing details for the devices during this so called "sale"? They say it's up to $225 off the devices but we can't confirm 100% if these discounts are the same as Shopblackberry.com along with 2 free accessories or if the device prices are in fact up to $225 off + free accessories.

Naturally I am looking to pick up a few devices and have a NY based friend send them to me but if it's just the same prices I will just buy off the website, if I can save an extra $75 each phone I will buy from the pop up store.

Thanks so much if you can help us out!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 02:08 AM
    Hi Donnation,

Could you post the pricing details for the devices during this so called "sale"? They say it's up to $225 off the devices but we can't confirm 100% if these discounts are the same as Shopblackberry.com along with 2 free accessories or if the device prices are in fact up to $225 off + free accessories.

Naturally I am looking to pick up a few devices and have a NY based friend send them to me but if it's just the same prices I will just buy off the website, if I can save an extra $75 each phone I will buy from the pop up store.

Posted via CB10
    The Pop up store will be cheaper but, the NYC taxes are 8.275. So you have to figure it out the difference. Also BB tacks on shipping. The third is the I have it in my hands right now.......WOOF!
    07-05-16 06:56 AM
    Look at that elbow room.

This was great.......................just watched the whole thing.................................truth sometimes can be fun unless you have a pension i Canada.
    Velocitymj and skinnymike1 like this.
    07-05-16 07:02 AM
    Hi Donnation,

Posted via CB10
    Bought a Priv there yesterday - same exact price as on ShopBlackBerry online. Very misleading - they include the two free accessories as $100 of the discount so you still pay the normal sale price of $549 for the device. The guy in the pop up store said we all misunderstood the discounts from poor information on these forums!

Also the Privs were all dated as manufactured in Nov 2015 - not the newer build dates. The sales guy had a Priv - said he switched 3 weeks ago from an iPhone and seemed to like it - that was the most impressive part!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 08:15 AM
    Bought a Priv there yesterday - same exact price as on ShopBlackBerry online. Very misleading - they include the two free accessories as $100 of the discount so you still pay the normal sale price of $549 for the device. The guy in the pop up store said we all misunderstood the discounts from poor information on these forums!

Also the Privs were all dated as manufactured in Nov 2015 - not the newer build dates. The sales guy had a Priv - said he switched 3 weeks ago from an iPhone and seemed to like it - that was the most impressive part!

Posted via CB10
    Lol, "switched from iPhone 3 weeks ago." Its good to know that Blackberry has put an experienced user in their only pop up store...
    07-05-16 08:44 AM
    Yeah he didn't know too much but was a nice guy. Wasn't too interested in updating his Priv to MM! I think he was the 'weekend' sales guy standing in for the regular guy you see in the pic.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 08:49 AM
    Yeah he didn't know too much but was a nice guy. Wasn't too interested in updating his Priv to MM! I think he was the 'weekend' sales guy standing in for the regular guy you see in the pic.

Posted via CB10
    Jeez, that's pathetic. I'd think the weekend would be the time you'd want to have an experienced BB user their to help guide people as I'd assume it would have more traffic than during the week.
    07-05-16 09:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's Crap, the way it was listed on line was a discount and accessories, not one for the other......BlackBerry Strikes again!
    07-05-16 09:45 AM
    It's actually kind of sad.
    I'm maybe a bit jaded, but I see a crowd of people in an Apple store just "hanging out" and I find that perhaps even more sad.

To see a company that once led the industry and now has to do this.
    Tell me about it. I bought an Atari Jaguar and still remember the infomercial. "64-bits!"... BlackBerry hasn't quite sunk to that level yet thankfully!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 10:35 AM
    Lol, "switched from iPhone 3 weeks ago." Its good to know that Blackberry has put an experienced user in their only pop up store...
    Something similar happened to me in France. BlackBerry had a stand in a tech store here and the young gentleman representing BlackBerry -with an Android in his back pocket- was explaining that the Passport didn't have a slot for a micro SD card and that 32go was more than enough memory once coupled with cloud storage...

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 12:49 PM
    While I don't necc. disagree with you, if there was lots of people there.. you wouldn't see the kiosk anyway, which was the point of the photo. If there were 3 people standing in front, you wouldn't see what was being offered lol. Plus, as I noted on the BerryFlow podcast, it's kinda rude to go snapping pics of a bunch of random people. We weren't there to take the photos as 'media' which would make it more acceptable, Alicia just stopped by on her way home from work.
    BeautyEh and Gebo like this.
    07-05-16 01:26 PM
83 123 ...