My battery drained unusually fast the last couple times. It was fully charged, sat over night and was completely dead. When I plugged it in a pic comes up of a battery with a lightening bolt through it.

It's a year and a half old and I bought the extended warranty.. it seems to be charging right now but it's a goner right?

BB 8330 curve
    01-31-10 10:16 PM
    Yeah get a new battery. Look 1 up on ebay. They go for pretty cheap. Like $5 I believe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-10 11:57 PM
    Yeah, your probably better off getting a new one than continuing to futz with a battery going on the fritz.

02-01-10 12:08 AM
    Danka. If I knew they were $5 I would have bought a supply of them, LOL.
    02-01-10 06:09 AM
    Mine is a little over a year old. I charge it a lot. But never too long. Usually unplug at about 90%- still going strong. Charging the battery too long will fry it much faster!

02-03-10 06:04 AM
    Just a warning about buying batteries that are "cheap" - you do get what you pay for. I would rather go in-store, or order online (from a reputable electronics dealer) then take my chances on a $5 battery in my $500 phone. Just me though,

"budget" batteries might not hold a charge as long, have a shorter overall life, and might just leak nasty stuff into your phone... All possibilites. I'd rather spend a bit more on a trusted brand when it comes time to replace the battery in my device
    02-03-10 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD