Everything works perfectly on mine, and it's easier to store stuff and sync than Android or Iphone
    08-27-13 10:20 AM
    I don't understand because the BlackBerry 10 browser is supposed to be superior. Have you tried running in desktop mode?

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps superior to bb7 compared to other phones, it is slow
    08-27-13 10:30 AM
    Perhaps superior to bb7 compared to other phones, it is slow
    Which phones?? It's on par with iPhone 5 that I know.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 10:53 AM
    You should stay and take the heat like the rest of us. But if you must go good luck.
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    08-27-13 11:52 AM
    Which phones?? It's on par with iPhone 5 that I know.

Posted via CB10
    My Z10 is just as fast as my brothers S4, and is WAY less laggy.
    08-27-13 12:15 PM
    My Z10 is just as fast as my brothers S4, and is WAY less laggy.
    Well that's because of Android. Imagine if the Z10 had the same specs haha.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 01:23 PM
    I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but if cameras are important to people, why don't they buy an actual camera? The lens quality and features are better than that of a smartphone, and they were made for, well, taking pictures.

Just a thought,

PineappleOranges
    08-27-13 04:30 PM
    Lumia is a great choice for the camera. Probably the worst choice for the browser though. It's not a webkit browser, so you may run into some compatibility problems with HTML5 content.
    There are very few issues with the browser in WP8. It's IE10 not the IE7.5/9 that was in WP7/7.5 and it's HTML5 support is pretty much on par with desktop IE10. It also has one of the fastest JavaScript engines and very efficient hardware acceleration in it so it's very nice for web apps. Browser issues were more an issue for early adopters back when the platform was just released. Most have been remedied by now (the benefits of "waiting" is you don't have to deal with that).

BTW, WebKit != HTML5. Some people actually talk like the two are equivalent. Opera didn't use WebKit either, and it was largely fine for Web Apps before they changed.

That being said, if the OP needs Low Light Photography with OIS than the Lumia is probably the best choice for that right now. The HTC One is decent as well, but the 4MP resolution can be a real issue. The 928 would have been better, though, as it has a Xenon flash for photography (much superior to Dual LED) :-P
    08-27-13 04:38 PM
    I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but if cameras are important to people, why don't they buy an actual camera? The lens quality and features are better than that of a smartphone, and they were made for, well, taking pictures.

Just a thought,

PineappleOranges
    I don't understand why you people consistently ask the same stupid rhetorical questions.

That isn't rude, but it's something. The opposite of intelligent. If you cannot figure the answer to this question out on your own, no response anyone on this forum gives you will do justice to it.
    08-27-13 04:45 PM
    BS. First, call it WP and not WM, because now is clear that you don't know about WP enough. What is your chance that an Android get update for 18 month or more? With WP you can be sure that you get a lot of upgrades and not matter of OEM, and support from MS for 36 month from last major upgrade.
    Galaxy S 2 devices got the Android JB/TouchWiz Nature UX update about 17 months after release. If you stick with Samsung, you get supported decently. They've taken a rather "Apple" way of supporting their older models.

No consumer needs 36 months of support - they will upgrade at 24 months (EDIT: I just remembered Canada had 3 year contracts until recently). Additionally, that support isn't for software updates. It's for support - as in how long businesses can expect to be supported on the OS. They don't want to deploy Windows Phones and then the next version of Microsoft Exchange, Office (file format changes that aren't back ported to Windows Phone, etc.), or SharePoint drops support for them in some way. No OEM will *guarantee* 3 years of FW updates on a smartphone unless they plan to keep that model on the market for that long (i.e. as Apple has been doing). Not even RIM did that with their Blackberries, when they basically had a monopoly on the corporate market...

They will typically support them for about a contract term, as Samsung does (though with the better specs on recent phones we can probably expect them to support them a bit longer now). RIM has never supported any smartphone or tablet as long as Samsung has.

If you go Android, Avoid no-name OEMs and HTC (has not been great with updates lately, over the long term - that cute build and overhyped camera can come at a cost...).

Samsung > Motorola > Sony these days for support on Android. Any of those three and you're good. Beyond that it just comes down to the features and aesthetics you prefer (in both the hardware and software) as to which choice you will make - and also whether you like on-screen or physical/capacitive buttons as well...

There is a fine line that the carriers and OEMs have to walk with these phone models. Due to the nature of Windows Phone - it's ability to run on middling specs and still get top notch performance, supporting a device for 36 months in the consumer market will cannibalize a ton of sales as there isn't a huge incentive to upgrade a windows phone to a better model. They faced this exact issue when WP released and then they released the "Mango" devices on the market. A lot of people didn't want to or feel the need to upgrade because there was no great performance benefit to the better hardware and the software was largely the same. This is why Android OEMs tend to upgrade a ton of components in the phone, to make it more enticing to upgrade (SoC, Camera, Screen Size/Resolution, Storage Size) in addition to locking certain software features to the newer model for a decent span of time (after a while they tend to backport a lot of it to older models, though).
    Last edited by n8ter#AC; 08-27-13 at 05:08 PM.
    08-27-13 04:58 PM
    I'm still keeping my Z10, guys, c'mon. Right now i am so heavily inundated with using the features I mentioned and BB10 isn't meeting my expectations for my particular walk in life right now.

Im not hating. I just need more. I cannot wait for 10.2. I am hoping it fixes the issues I keep encountering.

WP8 is not a bad system. I have full faith Blackberry will keep updating for the best experience ever. I just have so much on my plate.

I carry my phone, my digicam and my film camera to gigs.
    The Lumia 925 seems a better fit right now. Plus, the maps tells you where the local eateries and venues are on your travels. What a good fit for being on the road.

Posted via CB10
    No need to justify your decision to us. Good luck with your new phone
    08-27-13 06:22 PM
    Now...I'm having second thoughts. DOH!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 02:00 AM
    Now...I'm having second thoughts. DOH!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    About windows phone? Lol

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 01:26 PM
    Well, just saw the thread about the official Blackberry Z30 cases showing up on Ebay.
    Obviously the Z30 is dropping to market soon.

I'm sticking it out until then and grabbing the Z30 on drop day.

I wished this phone was part of the original launch.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    09-01-13 07:23 AM
    Well, just saw the thread about the official Blackberry Z30 cases showing up on Ebay.
    Obviously the Z30 is dropping to market soon.

I'm sticking it out until then and grabbing the Z30 on drop day.

I wished this phone was part of the original launch.

Posted via CB10
    If it causes more BB10 sales, I'm not. They need every sale they can get. BlackBerry has made an amazing OS, but people are too busy listening to naysayers to find out what it's like for themselves.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 08:48 AM
    @qbnkelt...thank you so much for understanding my dilemma. Like I said earlier, I've used BlackBerry exclusively for 9 years!

This is a hard transition. I almost feel naked.

I'm losing my best friend. Blackberry's can handle Zip files flawlessly, which I need! Ny record lable is constantly sending me Zip files of our recordings.

The 925 lacks in this area, so I have to carry both phones now.

If BlackBerry and WinPhone could have a baby that offered the best of both platforms, that would be pimp!!

Posted via CB10
    QR you should not feel bad about making the decision to get a device on a different platform to satisfy a need that your existing device does not provide. It is your money that you are spending and it is very important for you to have the devices that fulfill your needs. For me right now, I am using devices on both Android and Blackberry platforms.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    09-01-13 09:26 AM
    Hey Web99. Thank you. Its not that I feel bad about considering making a switch. Its just sort of uncomfortable for me.
    Its that I feel bad for BlackBerry in general. I've not once ever considered another brand the whole 9 years I have used them.

I'm die hard BB, but the Z10 didn't fully meet my expectations in a couple areas. I'm sure in time it will improve.

The Z30 is next on my list. I also have a Playbook, but they don't seem to be advancing it currently either, so I'm looking at Windows Tablets as well.

Droid has never shown me anything special, and Apple seems to be falling in the same pit that BlackBerry HAD struggled with... the constant release of the same'ol crap.

I do use my iPod often, but its mostly for storing my music and handling my band's Facebook page and my crazy Groupon addiction and Ebay. Ha ha.

Yes. I can do this frim my Z10, but I'm so used to those iapps, I just naturally gravitate to them.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 10:16 AM
    The Z30 is releasing with 10.2 I'm sure it's going to be an amazing device with a more polished BB10 OS

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 10:21 AM
    Try 10.2.1443 first.

Posted via CB10. Khalistan Zindabad
    09-01-13 10:23 AM
    I'm sure 10.2 is awesome. I would just rather use it on the Aristo. I've waited for that phone before I ever heard of the Z10. Its beautiful and very professional looking.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 10:40 AM
120 ... 345