CrackBerry is cutting and pasting my letters again today, so I'm having to compose offsite and paste my message again.
    We're watching your keystrokes, but your dang thumbs keep getting in the way.
    07-09-16 04:26 PM
    Zuckerberg secretly uses a BlackBerry as his personal phone. And he puts tape on the phone cameras too.

I had a Samsung tablet that would take my picture when I wasnt even touching it. And I dont know where the picture went. I taped the front facing camera. Later a note in the bottom right notifications complained that it couldnt see my eyes.

Somehow I just dont worry about my BlackBerry spying on me in that manner. It is irreplaceable.

CrackBerry is cutting and pasting my letters again today, so I'm having to compose offsite and paste my message again.
    Doesn't Samsung use the camera to know when you are using the phone or tablet to keep the screen on

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 09:49 AM
    I had a Samsung tablet that would take my picture when I wasnt even touching it. And I dont know where the picture went. I taped the front facing camera. Later a note in the bottom right notifications complained that it couldnt see my eyes.
    That would be the Smart Stay feature of Samsung devices. You can turn it off in the settings (usually under the Display settings). The FFC is used to recognize when you're looking at the screen and overrides the default timeout for dimming and turning off the display. Samsung was at one time experimenting with using it for smart scrolling, pausing video when you look away, etc.. but I don't know that those features ever went anywhere.

Personally, I always leave it turned off. Just one less thing to drain my battery.
    07-10-16 11:08 AM
    Most folks know the security risk when using the grid, but usually don't have a major concern until a security issue bites them in the booty and usually by then it's too late.

I have always said having strong passwords and good common sense when using websites is a good start.
    I do apologize if I offended anyone and I always try and keep the integrity of this site in the highest regard when I write or respond to comments. Thanks for correcting my post sir.
    BigBadWulf and techvisor like this.
    07-11-16 06:46 PM
    For the average consumer, I don't believe BlackBerry is any more secure than, say, iOS.
    Of course not.

Look at how many people completely bypass all security precautions to play Pok�mon Go. It requires FULL access to your entire Google account.

Show me how the Priv protects against that
    Jerry A likes this.
    07-19-16 12:54 AM
    Of course not.

Look at how many people completely bypass all security precautions to play Pok�mon Go. It requires FULL access to your entire Google account.

Show me how the Priv protects against that
    That's a bug on iOS which they've since fixed,

https://support.pokemongo.nianticlab...issions-update
    07-19-16 09:57 AM
    When it comes to consumers, I agree with you Ralphy, but with regards to the businesses sighted by the article, they imo have chosen to take a big risk. I can't believe it's ignorance. IT managers are paid to know.
    You're absolutely incorrect. And they also know after performing their various security audits the correct level of security they need.

Then they figure out how to mitigate. Sometimes it's limiting access to info. That doesn't require anything like the Blackphone.

Sometimes it's ensuring a tough mobile device policy. That also doesn't require anything like the Blackphone.

Maybe a restrictive DLP? Once again, Blackphone not needed.

And I haven't even touched on the advanced features of the EMM suites out there. All of which don't require a Blackphone.

What Blackphone really needed were more ignorant users who have massive amounts of stock in aluminum conglomerates.

Otherwise, they were a solution in search of a mostly non-existent problem.
    techvisor likes this.
    07-19-16 10:25 AM
    Most people don't need enterprise level of security and never will. Plus the popular phone OS are getting better at security all the time reducing the perceived and actual differences. That coupled with the higher price/lower spec of security based phone means consumers will be paying more out of pocket. Guess one can hope for a mass infection of Iphone and Galaxys. Doubt that will happen.
    Exactly. There is no such thing as absolute security with a phone. This is especially true if the would be attack is from someone like NSA. I've been hacked several times and confidential information potentially exposed. Each was server side, not on a phone. Both iPhones and Android phones are secure enough and offer vastly more capabilities than BlackBerry..a stick is secure, but not very useful for mobile computing.
    09-11-16 03:32 PM
33 12