Hey guys. Some of you might have seen me around here, some haven't, but I needed to write this.

Back in 2009, I debuted into the Smartphone market with the white HTC MyTouch 3G from T-Mobile, when Android just appeared. When the contract was up the next year, I joined BlackBerry. I switched from T-Mobile to AT&T due to bad coverage in my area, and fell in love with the white BlackBerry Torch 9800 and took it home. Then, the Bold 9900 with BB7 got announced and I began dying for that phone. The launch finally arrived (months later on AT&T) and as my contract wasn't over, barely one year, I was decided to get it at full price at over $500. Fast forward, I got it for $199.99 because surprisingly "the system approved the contract renewal", according to the seller.

I fell in love with the keyboard and the sleek design. I wanted it in white too but you know, AT&T just skipped it. Fine, time passed by (I also got myself a PlayBook on day one back then on April too) and BB10 started to occupy my mind and finally the 30th came. I'm (probably was) dying for a white Z10, because I wanted my fav. color back and wanted a big screen. ... Watching the launch event Thorsten dropped his usual bombs and my smile INSTANTLY disappeared and I was like O_O :O O_O. US Carriers would get the phones by mid/late March. Guys, I swear to all of you that I stood still and like a zombie kept staring at the PlayBook which had the live stream playing... Turned it off and headed to my classroom without pronouncing a single vowel. Later in these two/three days all I see from different sites are bad reviews of BlackBerry 10 and the Z10, the camera in low lights, battery life, and so on. Now I get to know, that on top of having to wait until March for the phone, Verizon Wireless has exclusivity for the white version, the one that I am was waiting for??

I give up. I give up because:

(1) I must wait until March, possibly April to get the Z10.
    (2) The white version will not be available on AT&T ever, or at least in months...
    (3) I wanted a real nice camera. BlackBerry Z10 Camera: The Worst Low-Light Performance We've Seen in a Long Time
    (4) I'm tired to having to sacrifice things when it comes to BlackBerry.
    (5) I'm tired of defending RIM BlackBerry in front of everyone and having later to eat my words.

Plus, I wanted to enter for the Z10 giveaway contest but guess what, some sort of (supposedly know) bug prevents me from logging in and make a comment on the blog posts. For some reason, I appear to be logged in on the forums.

All odds are against me getting a white Z10 so I'll just stop trying. If BB makes a comeback or not it's no longer an issue that will care about. And when my buggy Bold and archaic BB7 run no more (almost there already) I'll be ready to adopt something else apart from an iPhone, perhaps GS4 or something like that.

"Another whining thread" you might think, but I just wanted to write this.
    pillswoj and jimpilot like this.
    02-01-13 02:09 PM
    02-01-13 02:12 PM
    You need to post in the correct thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/
    You just beat me to it... lol
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 02:12 PM
    Kemj, i read all you posted.

So... does the Q10 have FM radio?
    02-01-13 02:27 PM
    Whatever.

. .
    02-01-13 02:29 PM
    Thanks for posting that thread guys.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 02:32 PM
    If you really put any credibility to that "test" then so be it. You can try any camera in low light and they don't perform well without a flash. Why would you want to take a picture in the dark without a flash? Seems that you are looking for a reason.
    02-01-13 02:32 PM
    Thanks for posting that thread guys.
    why does it need to be? it's not in the news/rumors section
    02-01-13 02:34 PM
    It's clearly in the "General Discussion" section.

And no, I'm not looking for a reason. I'm actually a pretty active and vivid BB fan, FYI. @ke_meth <--- read my tweets if you don't "BB10Believe" ...
    02-01-13 02:36 PM
    OP - you are likely going to be bashed to bits for that post. But I understand what you're saying about wanting the white phone and seeing people with them and not having it. It is frustrating. I wanted a white 9900 and never got one because I'm on AT&T. I want a white Z10 but VZW has initial exclusivity. So it appears that I will either have to wait for the white Q10 or get a black Z10.
    I went through an emotional rollercoaster the last 48 hours. I understand your frustration.
    I won't say not to get another device, that choice is yours. I just wanted to let you know I know how frustrated you are, I was feeling the same. I would only suggest to walk away for a bit and not make any decisions out of emotions. Wait until you can make a logical decision, not a reactionary one.
    Best of luck.
    Good luck with whatever your decide to do.
    02-01-13 02:37 PM

And no, I'm not looking for a reason. I'm actually a pretty active and vivid BB fan, FYI. @ke_meth <--- read my tweets if you don't "BB10Believe" ...
    Yes, but there's clearly a thread dedicated to this exact scenario. I'm not gonna call you out and say anything about your choice, as it is just that.... your choice, but this isn't really a "discussion" but more of a vent. It does indeed, belong in the http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/ section.
    02-01-13 02:40 PM
    I really understand your feelings! I can't understand all those "complications" when it comes to BlackBerry.
    First I was asking myself if BB is able to make switch people from other platforms. Now I wonder if they even can keep their existent userbase.. Comments around the web are negative.

But damn!! I love those qwerty keys!! And the more I look at the Q10, the more I want one!! When it comes to that, I don't care about owning the top-notch-device.. If only more people would think like that.
    02-01-13 02:40 PM
    02-01-13 02:42 PM
    Wow... Well OP I understand what you're saying. Plenty, I suppose, were left feeling unsatisfied after the launch... I think you should be able, as a long time BB user, come here and be able to rant... I had my hopes were up as well, and while I may try BB 10 one day, I do understand the disappointment.
    Btw, since you have yet to make the switch, I think your starting a thread was fine... But what do I know... Lol
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    02-01-13 02:42 PM
    OP - you are likely going to be bashed to bits for that post. But I understand what you're saying about wanting the white phone and seeing people with them and not having it. It is frustrating. I wanted a white 9900 and never got one because I'm on AT&T. I want a white Z10 but VZW has initial exclusivity. So it appears that I will either have to wait for the white Q10 or get a black Z10.
    I went through an emotional rollercoaster the last 48 hours. I understand your frustration.
    I won't say not to get another device, that choice is yours. I just wanted to let you know I know how frustrated you are, I was feeling the same. I would only suggest to walk away for a bit and not make any decisions out of emotions. Wait until you can make a logical decision, not a reactionary one.
    Best of luck.
    My frustration level went so high that I did not eat anything yesterday and my blood pressure rocketed... Yes, just like a lil child...

Thank you for taking the time to understand.
    02-01-13 02:47 PM

And you are going to give up just because of 1 or 2 months? Go outside and get some fresh air...
    lorax1284 likes this.
    02-01-13 02:48 PM
    Sucks to have your hopes dashed like that. Maybe when the phone is released you'll change your mind. Also, by that time there will be many other options to obtain a white Z10.

I don't really agree with the "bad reviews" thing. The points you listed along with concerns about apps, are pretty much the main points of concern I've seen from reviewers. Generally the reviews have been positive, but cited some things that maybe an issue for some, or are just average compared to the competition. They have also pointed out areas where the Z10 excels.

Anyway you feel how you feel, but it may be a good idea to revisit the Z10 closer to the US release, when your disappointment has faded and the excitement is building again.
    zombie73 likes this.
    02-01-13 02:50 PM
    buy one from Canada
    416to604 likes this.
    02-01-13 02:51 PM
    Turns out I read it, not that it helped me or you.

I'm not so sympathetic, because carrierS (plural) in Canada and the UK have PROVEN that the device can be ready for distribution. For whatever reason the US carriers are not doing so.

Please send this to your carrier. Handwritten on paper via surface mail will get the most notice. Also, don't threaten, be sure to actually switch carriers to make your point loud and clear, or carriers will continue to disrespect BB devices and BB customers. When they are at risk of losing customers, they'll get their act together.

I recommend that you buy a unsubsidized device from Canada. Pay the premium. Then, when the time comes, either buy a Z10 on your chosen local carrier on subsidy, or buy some other high-profile device on subsidy, and then sell it on eBay or Kijiji and you will make back a large part of your carrier subsidy and therefore what you paid for your unsubsidized Canadian device.

That's just a suggestion, but if you need to "blame" this on BB corporate, "yet another" failing on their part, when it's very much your carriers "fault", well, I think that's misplaced, but I can't stop you if it's all too much to bear.

You'll never be disappointed by a Samsung Android device... but you'll never be "appointed" either.
    Last edited by lorax1284; 02-01-13 at 03:21 PM.
    02-01-13 03:00 PM
    Best of luck.
    Nobody bashed him.... so far.
    02-01-13 03:03 PM
    I don't agree with the carriers argument. If they needed more time, BlackBerry should have had them I their hands earlier. So, they must have been late getting them to them.

OP - agree totally with your frustrations. Good luck!
    02-01-13 03:23 PM
    Nobody bashed him.... so far.
    I'll bash him, [insert well written bash], you deserved that you big baby
    02-01-13 03:26 PM
    My frustration level went so high that I did not eat anything yesterday and my blood pressure rocketed... Yes, just like a lil child...
    Wow...dude, it's a phone...it's just a phone...maybe there's a support group someone can recommend that can help you cope?
    jesse_h and bizzyqu like this.
    02-01-13 03:36 PM
    I don't agree with the carriers argument. If they needed more time, BlackBerry should have had them I their hands earlier. So, they must have been late getting them to them.OP - agree totally with your frustrations. Good luck!
    Not trying to bash you, but this makes no sense.
    02-01-13 03:37 PM
    Lol, talk about people being to excited about the phone?

Remember the S3 launch when the woman on stage called the noises the phone makes "bizarre", a picture they took of her "bad, delete that one" amongst other things? The internet nearly had a fit. 35million devices sales later, the launches mean nothing. How much advertising they splurt all over the tv and who does it, will make the difference. In UK, during the Olympics, every 15 minutes we had an advert of David Beckham using the S3.

Its probably a nice little phone, running BB10 version 1.0.
    02-01-13 03:37 PM
43 12